Promises – Original Inspirational Poetry with Image

This Article:

Promises – Original Inspirational Poetry with Image

Excerpt from pictured eBook

Pictured on left :

Inspirations from Life – Thirty Three Years of Poems and Images -

A new collection of poetry and images, from 1981 – 2014

Original imagery from Vermont, Texas, and Paris.

84 Original poems, 31 original images.

***

“the intent of this blog is to incrementally build a body of thought that works toward integrating various topics, yoga, fitness, and the arts – it’s a process…”

***

***

Site Areas

Fitness ** Arts ** eBooks

Promises – Original Inspirational Poetry with Image

***

Categories : Poetry

Linked to dVersePoets OpenLinkNight # 125, hosted by Tony Maude

Continually active for a few years now, dVersePoets will be taking a break mid-December through early January, which I kinda did last year with my Blog-cation ;-)  Just something we humans need to do once in awhile.  And let’s face it, without us, even machines would break down, but they wouldn’t be able to fix themselves, at least not yet!

dVerse is also having a discussion about future plans, via their previous post, on their PubTalk.

I hope you’ll take a look at their fine poetry set up and prompts, and give them a visit.

Sincerely,

Adan

“Promises” – full excerpt from “Inspirations from Life, Thirty Three Years of Poetry & Images

Promises

Sharing
is an unspoken promise
to
always be there for each other
spoken with
smiles and nudges – whispered out loud
clenched with hugs held with hearts pressed tight.
Promises
are bonds of truth – faith in living
packed in tissues of peace and possibilities.
Promises are a given.
Ribbon inscribed reminders
rainbows sprinkled on a countertop
saying differences are but wrinkles – allowing
us to fit like snowflakes
dancing glancing
together
to a blanket space where all become as one.
© 2014 felipe adan lerma

julia maddie helene rodeo 2011 # 2 adj sm*

Three sisters, three of my granddaughters, each very different, yet very much one team.  Their bond and flow so deeply integrated, they only know themselves among each other.  Without even having to think about it.  Nice to work on this part of this new book, today on Thanksgiving Day.  Yes, much to be grateful for.

#

end of excerpt

Poetry Categories on my Site

Family Poetry

Sports Poetry

Paris Poetry

Love Poetry

AudioBooks

***

namaste´- con dios – god be with you

Sheila & Adan

Sheila & Adan

YouTube Videos

List of My Author Pages

• Amazon
  • Audible
  • Barnes & Noble
  • Google
  • iTunes
  • Kobo
  • Smashwords

*** INTEGRATING YOGA FITNESS AND THE ARTS

About Me

Home

My Note : Other than the first two links (my own posts) these are suggestions from WordPress I’ve checked out.  Both sites are very youthful and encouraging about life growing up around us, very much worth taking a peek at. :-)  Thanks everyone.

About these ads

9 Responses to “Promises – Original Inspirational Poetry with Image”

1. vivchook December 4, 2013 at 7:28 pm #

Oh, gosh, as the mother of two pre-teens, your line “saying differences are but wrinkles – allowing us to fit like snowflakes” has so much meaning to me. I love the whole piece, but this resonated very deeply in me. Thank you, so much. Beautiful work.

• Felipe Adan Lerma December 4, 2013 at 9:57 pm #

that is the meat of the lines, i agree; and it came to me in the flow of words, after giving the effort a few days to sit; if i’d rushed it, it wouldn’t’ve been! so glad you felt it also, smiles

2. brian miller December 4, 2013 at 6:58 pm #

adan, i love those last lines:

differences are but wrinkles – allowing
    us to fit like snowflakes
    dancing glancing
    together

i wish we could find that place where we all come together as a world…you know…you make it sound beautiful…smiles…it does happen though on a smaller scale quite often…

• Felipe Adan Lerma December 4, 2013 at 7:17 pm #

I do see it as beautiful Brian, even if in that tiny tight group that’s my 3 granddaughters ;-) yeah, those wrinkle lines were my inspiration reward for giving the poem a little time (few days) to sit in me – so maybe one folk will come together, gee I hope so :-)

Sent from my iPhone Felipe Adan Lerma Author Artist Fitness http://www.felipeadanlerma.com

3. claudia December 4, 2013 at 2:44 pm #

ah they’re sweet…. and nice on being there for each other… that promise is precious… also love the image of differences being wrinkles allowing
    us to fit like snowflakes…. nice… dance on…dance on…smiles

• Felipe Adan Lerma December 4, 2013 at 2:59 pm #

they are so precious, thank you claudia :-)

yeah, that wrinkle thing came to me when i thought of them still being so young, and me so old(er); and the promises are there in everything they do, or don’t want to do, when they’re together!

hope your holidays are going well :-)

4. Björn Rudberg (brudberg) December 4, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

What a sweet poem and picture.. the bonds we share can grow very strong.

• Felipe Adan Lerma December 4, 2013 at 3:00 pm #

so very true bjorn! and my wife and i can see those bonds between those girls are so strong, they’re like promises to be kept, gave me the whole inspiration for the poem; thanks so much :-)

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Volleyball Gifts – Original Sports Poetry, Matted Mounted 8x10s | Felipe Adan Lerma - December 14, 2013

[…] Promises – Original Inspirational Poetry with Image (felipeadanlerma.com) […]

Comments are closed.

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 691 other followers