See more images in my Costa Rica Collection at Fine Art America.
Playtime at the Edge of the World
Costa Rica is a tiny connecting
piece of land
vastness for anyone to see…
It was easy
standing by the edge of
low lapping water
the quiet froth of foam
nibbling at my toes –
the sticky sand
stretching beneath the low wall of waves
curling flush below the sky
slipping with the
sliding edge of half
the earth reaching fluidly
to it’s other half –
Because it did.
To the South Pacific.
The waters mingling asway with seas
Speaking its same wet murmurs
to different tongues.
All of us.
a tiny lever, a
moment, when Time chose to
make note of me –
a bell –
symbolic symbol –
irreducible with atomic meanings.
I felt that that day.
slicing the sheet of earth in two
with my eyes –
Choosing to merely leave my mark.
A toe scratch upon the sand.
Beneath the tiny waves.
The Pacific Ocean also choosing.
Erasing only a part of me.
The mark I left behind.
© Felipe Adan Lerma
My Related Posts About Costa Rica
These and other Costa Rican images featured in my related blog posts below 😊
- The Magic of Costa Rica – Playtime
- Aging Gracefully – A Creative History : My Blog Feb 2011 – Jul 2019
- Poetry in Fiction, Samples – Grandma and Grandpa in the Latin Quarter
- Poetry in Fiction, Samples – The Old American Artist, Part 3 Chapter 2
Related Amazon Searches & Products
– an amazing selection, take a look at the book covers below –
– best sellers & new entries 😊 –
Images above are links! 😊
Thanks so much everyone! Happy safe travels!
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html