Note: This post may be PG-13
A few things 1st, for this hopefully short post —
- My stomach was of course shaven & has itchingly grown back its hair, lol!
- Though I’ve lost about 20 lbs, the rolls of loose skin and obvious fat content 😏 don’t give a pretty picture
- And lastly, I am aware how extremely lucky I’ve been that having two relatively non-invasive laparoscopic procedures vs truly major surgeries, like my dad and many others have had through their life times for heart and other issues, is what I’ve dealt with 💕
I chose to post this because I want folks who may have something similar (and I’ve been told gallbladder & hiatal hernia surgeries are very high in frequency in our country) that having the relatively benign procedure of having several small holes placed through one’s core, vs having the muscles sliced through the way hysterectomies were also performed, though a blessing, is still going to require retraining one’s core to stabilize the sense of and very real action of balancing while walking, standing, moving, shifting and so much more – even sleeping!
My gallbladder surgery, being more to the side from the center line of my core, didn’t affect me nearly as much as the latter hiatal hernia surgery. I also have one other incision, pictured below, but didn’t want to, well, adjust anything else for this picture 😊
It’s just below the band and only on that one side.
One of these punctures, I believe, was for the anesthesia pumped into my stomach. My joke question to the dr’s was, well, you pumped the gas in, why can’t you pump it back out? 😊 The answer it turns out, is the gas is embedded into my tissues, and as it slowly is absorbed and removed by my system (thank u, system 🙏) I both experience some rumble and tumble readjustment in sensitivity to what’s going on in there, and, become aware of another area inside me needing “work” – ie, strengthening, conditioning, rebalancing this new area with areas inside me already more “awake.”
I figured if I was ever gonna show folks some of what went on, so’s to understand some of what’s needed to really not just recover, but re-construct, Halloween 🎃 would be the best time to bring out these pics, which are current, as of yesterday 😊
I’d claim I’d photoshopped myself before posting, but am afraid my skill set doesn’t extend to visual cosmetic surgery at this time, lol 😂
And finally, as a note of the progress I’m making, I had my first taste for and of bread Wednesday at the Wimberley Cafe – thought it would never happen! 💕 For pictures please see my review on TripAdvisor (not a paid link 😊).
Thanks everyone! Stay healthy, have fun!
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 14, 2021 – The Unintended SculptureAttractive as it is – the modeled plastic cup/drink container – it was an accidental sculpture courtesy of our dishwasher, lol!
- April 13, 2021 – Moving in Our 70s During Covid – Removing Pictures from the WallsYesterday was a small but significant day in our move-prep days, I took down the remainder of our paintings and pictures from the walls.
- April 12, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Volleyball Setter Poster 2”It’s very neat to see my new visual design for Volleyball Setter hit the mark of most-seen last week at Fine Art America!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog