Note: This post may be PG-13
A few things 1st, for this hopefully short post —
- My stomach was of course shaven & has itchingly grown back its hair, lol!
- Though I’ve lost about 20 lbs, the rolls of loose skin and obvious fat content 😏 don’t give a pretty picture
- And lastly, I am aware how extremely lucky I’ve been that having two relatively non-invasive laparoscopic procedures vs truly major surgeries, like my dad and many others have had through their life times for heart and other issues, is what I’ve dealt with 💕
I chose to post this because I want folks who may have something similar (and I’ve been told gallbladder & hiatal hernia surgeries are very high in frequency in our country) that having the relatively benign procedure of having several small holes placed through one’s core, vs having the muscles sliced through the way hysterectomies were also performed, though a blessing, is still going to require retraining one’s core to stabilize the sense of and very real action of balancing while walking, standing, moving, shifting and so much more – even sleeping!
My gallbladder surgery, being more to the side from the center line of my core, didn’t affect me nearly as much as the latter hiatal hernia surgery. I also have one other incision, pictured below, but didn’t want to, well, adjust anything else for this picture 😊
It’s just below the band and only on that one side.
One of these punctures, I believe, was for the anesthesia pumped into my stomach. My joke question to the dr’s was, well, you pumped the gas in, why can’t you pump it back out? 😊 The answer it turns out, is the gas is embedded into my tissues, and as it slowly is absorbed and removed by my system (thank u, system 🙏) I both experience some rumble and tumble readjustment in sensitivity to what’s going on in there, and, become aware of another area inside me needing “work” – ie, strengthening, conditioning, rebalancing this new area with areas inside me already more “awake.”
I figured if I was ever gonna show folks some of what went on, so’s to understand some of what’s needed to really not just recover, but re-construct, Halloween 🎃 would be the best time to bring out these pics, which are current, as of yesterday 😊
I’d claim I’d photoshopped myself before posting, but am afraid my skill set doesn’t extend to visual cosmetic surgery at this time, lol 😂
And finally, as a note of the progress I’m making, I had my first taste for and of bread Wednesday at the Wimberley Cafe – thought it would never happen! 💕 For pictures please see my review on TripAdvisor (not a paid link 😊).
Thanks everyone! Stay healthy, have fun!
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
- Flowering at Dawn – New Watercolor with Absorbent Ground Painting Progress Update 03.13.20 Plus Thoughts on the Virus Crisis 😊Having interests, passions even, one can pursue, and let’s say pursue relatively easily, is important for everyone, but especially, I think, for young children and for older adults. I’ll let each person decide what an older adult, or a young child, lol, is, age-wise 💕
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 12 – Snow Waterfront Park Walk, Digital Art Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Snow Waterfront Park Walk ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/snow-waterfront-park-walk-felipe-adan-lerma.html
- Closed my eBay Listings, For Now 03.11.20In my continuing effort to grapple with getting a handle on my time, combined with the fees and lack of sales, I’ve suspended my listings on eBay for now.To be fair, due to time choices, I didn’t do as much advertising and social media as I could have, at least without taking more time out […]
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 11 – Orange Sky Tree Tops, Photography circa 2016From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – Orange Sky Tree Tops ©Felipe Adan Lerma https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/orange-sky-tree-tops-felipe-adan-lerma.html
My Related Posts Here On My Blog