Is walking really the best medicine for your heart? How about your waistline? Your bones? Test your knowledge with this WebMD quiz and find out how to walk your way to better health.
— Read on www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/rm-quiz-benefits-walking
WebMD, as I noted in my post of several of my wife and mine’s fav fitness sites, is esp good with short interesting quizzes 😊
The questions are fairly basic but surprisingly comprehensive, surprising as can be seen by my score below, lol!
Sometimes I luck out and get 100%, but I don’t expect it. It’s hard to remember all the details of fitness research.
And I think it is very important to point out that, though personal experience is extremely important, basic research into the why’s and what’s is what gives us the general guidelines to apply our experiences to, ie, how many steps per day does what; how does pace of walking affect the predictive benefits; and much more.
Experience, and other related research, also says taking into acct what is an intense workout for oneself, what the normal target rate is for one’s age for moderate or a vigorous workout, are the stuff of paying attention to oneself with knowledge, and mirroring it against learned knowledge.
And it’s always fun (haha), esp as we age, to keep in mind that each day can be a little, or a lot, different 😊
It’s like being a kid again, and not quite always sure how mommy or daddy might react to any one thing we wanted to do, but now our body is our parent-guide! And, for me, with the help of my Garmin wrist tracker, more to the point than I really thought would be possible!
Hope you’ll visit the quiz, or search for others that may interest you – there’s tons! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
- November 26, 2021 – Working on Paintings; In-Progress : 2 New Lay-ins ( “Heart Fragment” and “Approach” ) Based on Details from Two Existing PaintingsThis has been something I’ve toyed with and talked about for a bit now — finding / picking a detail fragment of an existing painting (or photo etc) from which to base new work on. And I shoulda caught on to how well this might work for me, in terms of creativity and viewership, with my success with a related project where I painted an abstracted detail from an existing painting to create a new related one. That happened with Abstract Study 1 shown at the bottom of this post.
- November 25, 2021 – Happy Thanksgiving 2021!!Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I’m posting the same header as last year, Norman Rockwell’s “Freedom From Want” oil on canvas from 1943, smack in the middle of the 2nd World War.
- November 24, 2021 – Working on Paintings; In-Progress : Valentines 2022, In-Progress Since Early October, lol!Not quite finished, but looking fairly good, especially considering back in early October I thought, “Yeah, I can finish this quick then save it for early next year.” Now, I’m thinking, really? Will I really finally get this finished by January next year, lol!
- November 23, 2021 – Making Connections Between “Ninth Street Women” (a book) and Golden’s Acrylic Paint (a kinda Review/Reblog)What a treat! To be reading an informative email (with links within my Goldens info email of new “Just Paint” articles) and learning of another connection between the 1930s-1950s NYC artists I’m currently reading about in Ninth Street Women (by Mary Gabriel) and the acrylic paints I’m using today! ❤️ The book itself often reads like both a novel and personal escort into art and the artists who initiated and propelled abstract art, and —
- November 22, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Walking in LightI particularly like the look and feel of Walking in Light, the sway of colors synced with the vegetation and figure walking in an easy light ❤️ This post I’m including a pic of more of my images on the most viewed info I get from Fine Art America, just ’cause the array of colors and styles seem to work really well, lol! 😊