What a treat doing something I’d nearly taken for granted!
Each month, until my surgeries, I’d helped the staff at the Old Bakery take down the current month’s gallery show. The following day another set of consignor volunteers help put up the next month’s art show. It takes a lot more more work to put a show up then to take down, so I have the easy job 😊
This take down yesterday (Wed) was a little easier ‘cause there’s also an ongoing Veterans art show at the Old Bakery (top pic). It’s similar to the show with my work at Jerry’s Artarama, but sponsored by the city, so it extends to late November. My showing at Jerry’s ends this coming weekend.
In December it’ll also be a little different, actually a lot different. December will feature 50+ artists (vs 2-4) and over 140 pieces art!
So, I will have consignor volunteer company to help the staff take in new work, take down old work, and just do whatever needs doing to get the show prepped for the Thursday full set-up – whew!!! 😂
I’ll have lots more info, including pics of the images I’ll be showing, later on; but meanwhile, here’s the flyer for the December show, just out today! 😊
As a reminder, all work presented at the Old Bakery & Emporium is original work done by artists living in the Austin metro area, and, are at least 50 years young ☺️
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery, or apply as an artist, it is located in downtown Austin across front the State Capital Bldg on 1006 Congress Ave.
One can also call 512-974-1300.
And online links are —
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/obemporium
City of Austin website – https://www.austintexas.gov/obemporium
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.1“The first days, when Arturo and Rosetta were once again together, meals especially, were exceptionally quiet….”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 20 – Lit Like Stained Glass , Uploaded 04.13.16“Burlington, my wife’s home town in Vermont, is a very walkable city, and summers and early fall we’d often walk back at night from festivals and such….”
- Turned 70 Today – A Lot To Be Grateful For!“Plus… The first family meal, outdoors, socially distanced from other folks, since the beginning of the pandemic!”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.16.2“And in the middle of the top left third, in a sky as dense as the sea, rose a waxing moon, glow askew….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.16.1“Immediately on rising, his evening show in his mind’s peripheral vision, Arturo gathered a favored brush….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.15.2“The next day she returned alone. Not sitting, she handed him several brochures….”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 19 – Sunset West of Myers Bagels , Uploaded 04.10.16“Vermont’s impact on my art, fiction, and desire to be fit has been welcomingly outsized for both it’s size and the amount of time I’ve been able to spend there. And if not for my wife being from Vermont, I may well have never visited and quickly learned to love its land and people.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html