What a treat doing something I’d nearly taken for granted!
Each month, until my surgeries, I’d helped the staff at the Old Bakery take down the current month’s gallery show. The following day another set of consignor volunteers help put up the next month’s art show. It takes a lot more more work to put a show up then to take down, so I have the easy job 😊
This take down yesterday (Wed) was a little easier ‘cause there’s also an ongoing Veterans art show at the Old Bakery (top pic). It’s similar to the show with my work at Jerry’s Artarama, but sponsored by the city, so it extends to late November. My showing at Jerry’s ends this coming weekend.
In December it’ll also be a little different, actually a lot different. December will feature 50+ artists (vs 2-4) and over 140 pieces art!
So, I will have consignor volunteer company to help the staff take in new work, take down old work, and just do whatever needs doing to get the show prepped for the Thursday full set-up – whew!!! 😂
I’ll have lots more info, including pics of the images I’ll be showing, later on; but meanwhile, here’s the flyer for the December show, just out today! 😊
As a reminder, all work presented at the Old Bakery & Emporium is original work done by artists living in the Austin metro area, and, are at least 50 years young ☺️
If you would like to visit the Old Bakery, or apply as an artist, it is located in downtown Austin across front the State Capital Bldg on 1006 Congress Ave.
One can also call 512-974-1300.
And online links are —
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/obemporium
City of Austin website – https://www.austintexas.gov/obemporium
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Art & Photography Materials, Supplies & Instructions Idea Page
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
- 2nd Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 02.11.20“Over all I feel my realizations and near misses, design-wise, outweigh my mistakes and the very real possibility this will become a “conversation learning-piece” work vs anything I can call finished and available for sale. I’m hoping I’m wrong about that last part, and find a way to finish it 😊 Very briefly, these are … Read more
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolor (Flowering at Dawn)“I’ve been experimenting with absorbent ground on 6×6 inch canvases lately and this is probably #6 or 7 in the batch. Brush on isolation layers worked on all the previous pictures til I reached the first one with gouache, ruined it! So, if I was to continue to be able to do pieces like this … Read more
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Howard’s End” – Outstanding Beyond Expectation! – ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️“I’m still processing the details of why and how this particular production via Masterpiece has stuck with both myself and my wife so strongly. There was no doubt, by the end of Episode 1 (of 4), I very much wanted to watch this….”
- Ridges of Spring Light – New 6×6 Watercolor Acrylic Upload on Fine Art America“It was my 2nd almost literally stab at slipping watercolor onto one of my new absorbent ground 6×6 inch canvases. My 1st try, Bird’s Eye View (now sold), was more cautious, although that’s relatively speaking, lol!”
- 40th Anniversary of Meeting, And Still Wondering What We’ll Do Next 💕“Today Sheila and I celebrate 40 years since the day we first met, sneaking glances at each other (though I think I was the more blatant 😊 ) at the start of a two week 8-5 training for new jobs we had with the state ❤️ ”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html