My six most viewed images on Fine Art America (FAA) ending this past week are led by an evening sunset photo I took of the Driskill Hotel, recently uploaded to Fine Art America, and featured in My Yesterday in Pictures post of Nov 6, 2019 (restocking images at the Old Bakery & Emporium.
That Driskill Hotel Dusk Looking East was top of the list wasn’t too surprising, it was recently uploaded to FAA, plus has been featured by two artist groups on Fine Art America,
- Sunrisesunsets, curated by Doug Norkum https://fineartamerica.com/groups/sunrisesunsets.html, and..
- Images That Excite You, curated by John M. Bailey https://fineartamerica.com/groups/images-that-excite-you.html
What did surprise me was the proportionately large number of views; though I shouldn’t be, I guess. This purple sunset of a historical hotel in Austin is a popular choice from my work at the Old Bakery and Emporium, situated as it is, directly across the street from the Texas State Capitol downtown 😊 The Old Bakery is operated by the Parks Dept of the City of Austin, and offers artists in the Austin area fifty or over, chance to exhibit 💕
Number 2 on the list, Good Morning Bird, is also a bit of a surprise, as it continues a long streak among my most viewed for several weeks now. It’s also a popular choice at the Old Bakery, and is nearing 10,000 views on Fine Art America. Plus it’s my header image on my daily blog series, My Day Ahead (though it had cleared 9000 views on FAA & headed towards 10,000 well before I also made it my header for that series!)
A third and pleasant surprise, #5 on the list, In the Light, is a 12×16 oil I thought I’d finished earlier this year, and have ended up the last two weeks featuring in several posts about adjusting the tone and balance of the image. I liked the image already, and had already posted it to Fine Art America, but lately, in learning more about Notan and light/shadow, decided to sorta sacrifice it (if necessary) to seeing if I could apply some of these new design ideas I’m learning (or becoming aware of and applying more consciously), to this painting specifically.
- Deciding When My Painting is Done, Part 3 – Adding Recognizable Objects to an Abstract and Making it Work
- Adan’s Art & Photography Shopping Page on Amazon! Supplies, Videos +++ My Amazon Affiliate Update 11.02.19
- My Yesterday in Pictures for Nov 07, 2019
- I’m Reading “ Notan: The Dark-Light Principle of Design” (Dover Art Instruction), Kindle – 1st Impression
[update] – I’ve worked on In the Light more today (Tuesday, Nov 12’19), and feel I may have finalized it! I’m sure I’ll be talking about it in My Day Ahead (Wed, Nov 13’19) for tomorrow. Check my Category link for that series, it would show up in there – https://felipeadanlerma.com/category/my-day-ahead/
Of the other 3 images, two are new – Blue Hole Vintage (captured on a day trip to Wimberley Texas) & Mount Mansfield Panorama (part of a blog series on one morning’s sunrise in Vermont) – and one is a long time recurrent black and white favorite, Cobblestone Path Home, Paris 😊
All six images can be accessed on Fine Art America via the above posts and links – but please let me know in the comments if you’re having trouble reaching an image you’d like to see on FAA but can’t find it.
Prints of all sizes, and gift items like coffee mugs and yoga mats are also available for all my images through my Fine Art America site ❤️
Thanks so much everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks so much everyone!
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html