My six most viewed images on Fine Art America (FAA) ending this past week are led by an evening sunset photo I took of the Driskill Hotel, recently uploaded to Fine Art America, and featured in My Yesterday in Pictures post of Nov 6, 2019 (restocking images at the Old Bakery & Emporium.
That Driskill Hotel Dusk Looking East was top of the list wasn’t too surprising, it was recently uploaded to FAA, plus has been featured by two artist groups on Fine Art America,
- Sunrisesunsets, curated by Doug Norkum https://fineartamerica.com/groups/sunrisesunsets.html, and..
- Images That Excite You, curated by John M. Bailey https://fineartamerica.com/groups/images-that-excite-you.html
What did surprise me was the proportionately large number of views; though I shouldn’t be, I guess. This purple sunset of a historical hotel in Austin is a popular choice from my work at the Old Bakery and Emporium, situated as it is, directly across the street from the Texas State Capitol downtown 😊 The Old Bakery is operated by the Parks Dept of the City of Austin, and offers artists in the Austin area fifty or over, chance to exhibit 💕
Number 2 on the list, Good Morning Bird, is also a bit of a surprise, as it continues a long streak among my most viewed for several weeks now. It’s also a popular choice at the Old Bakery, and is nearing 10,000 views on Fine Art America. Plus it’s my header image on my daily blog series, My Day Ahead (though it had cleared 9000 views on FAA & headed towards 10,000 well before I also made it my header for that series!)
A third and pleasant surprise, #5 on the list, In the Light, is a 12×16 oil I thought I’d finished earlier this year, and have ended up the last two weeks featuring in several posts about adjusting the tone and balance of the image. I liked the image already, and had already posted it to Fine Art America, but lately, in learning more about Notan and light/shadow, decided to sorta sacrifice it (if necessary) to seeing if I could apply some of these new design ideas I’m learning (or becoming aware of and applying more consciously), to this painting specifically.
- Deciding When My Painting is Done, Part 3 – Adding Recognizable Objects to an Abstract and Making it Work
- Adan’s Art & Photography Shopping Page on Amazon! Supplies, Videos +++ My Amazon Affiliate Update 11.02.19
- My Yesterday in Pictures for Nov 07, 2019
- I’m Reading “ Notan: The Dark-Light Principle of Design” (Dover Art Instruction), Kindle – 1st Impression
[update] – I’ve worked on In the Light more today (Tuesday, Nov 12’19), and feel I may have finalized it! I’m sure I’ll be talking about it in My Day Ahead (Wed, Nov 13’19) for tomorrow. Check my Category link for that series, it would show up in there – https://felipeadanlerma.com/category/my-day-ahead/
Of the other 3 images, two are new – Blue Hole Vintage (captured on a day trip to Wimberley Texas) & Mount Mansfield Panorama (part of a blog series on one morning’s sunrise in Vermont) – and one is a long time recurrent black and white favorite, Cobblestone Path Home, Paris 😊
All six images can be accessed on Fine Art America via the above posts and links – but please let me know in the comments if you’re having trouble reaching an image you’d like to see on FAA but can’t find it.
Prints of all sizes, and gift items like coffee mugs and yoga mats are also available for all my images through my Fine Art America site ❤️
Thanks so much everyone!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 18, 2020A superb article, mostly for two reasons. One, it covers a huge range of our everyday activities. Two, it differentiates into most the activities, delineating what makes it risky or less so, in general.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 17, 2020The current work, for now titled Dancing Free, below the Paris painting, shows how the transparent ground “clouds up”, creating the soft streaking across the black gesso.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks so much everyone!
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html