My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Morning Woke With Sunshine in its Eyes ❤️
What a welcome sight!
Even the art room got a good start today, lit my maybe-done maybe-still-needs-work painting, In the Light – very fitting, lol! I do think it’s either done or needs to dry and become a test case for trying out a varnish coat later.
Anyone out there w/stories of their own varnishing experiments? Let us know in the comments! 😊
Two Differing Painting Re-evaluations
Two more paintings I wanted to re-evaluate in terms of their “finished” status. Kinda understandable for Fog Along Lady Bird Lake below, since it’s practically a Notan with some light color glazing, and I painted in this spring (ie, not that long ago.) No decision re what to do about this one yet.
Now, with Barton Springs Morning Fog Lifting, circa 2005, I have multiple layers of problems (literally) deciding. In very limited just-right light, it looks the way I want it to. In light like below, it doesn’t. Do I need to enhance the value differences? Or try a varnish? Would it’s highly textured surface be a destructive problem (vs just a challenge?) My research says use a gloss of high quality that can be removed. I’ll try Gamblin Gamvar first then.
Walking With Sheila in the Sun 😊
What a difference a day makes, or at least a day like today after 1/2 a week of very un-Austin weather, lol! We ended up relaxing in those orange chairs, soaking up the sun, in our coats, true! ☺️ The soft warmth of the sun on my face reminded me of my youth, growing up in Houston, going to Galveston, literally soaking up the sun when the ozone and particulate matter in our air were very different. Also true. I’ve also read we (humanity) can reverse much of our problems massively replanting our forests (among other things). Don’t know how true. But I do like trees 💕 😊
Though there have been years (among the decades) where Austin’s gotten good fall foliage, spotty stuff like this, the light sparkling the reds and yellow like sparklers in daylight, is more the thing here in Central Texas. And, it beats the 106 degree heat of summer 😊
And this is Cham, short for champagne according to his owner – who also gave Cham his rainbow colored tail 😊 He’s one of several four legged friends we sometimes see along our walks 💕
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Saturday, Nov 16th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper; 1st Paint Lay-in with Masking FluidAt 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, I was able to use my brushes fairly effectively where I wanted them, and applied some Turner masking fluid (with a thin palette knife) “fairly” easy. And yes, some foot proportions are off a bit, lol, and her back blouse almost looks like it’s the front, but all in not too bad toward my primary priority – quickly achieve some degree of dappling look. Once the masking fluid comes off though, it could be very different….
- September 21, 2021 – Initial Review of “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James NestorI’d been doing a day to day posting of a continuing study-sketch project with figures in a watercolor landscape and ran into a time roadblock – grandchild, groceries, fitness (walking, yoga, Essentrics), picking up line art to practice-paint at my printer, etc 😊 and wasn’t able to wiggle any more time to work on that project and write about it, so… I took a deep breath and picked up a book (virtually, via my Kindle Reader, lol!) The editorial reviews often mentioned this read like a novel & my intro and beginning pages already confirm that.
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html