My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Morning Woke With Sunshine in its Eyes ❤️
What a welcome sight!
Even the art room got a good start today, lit my maybe-done maybe-still-needs-work painting, In the Light – very fitting, lol! I do think it’s either done or needs to dry and become a test case for trying out a varnish coat later.
Anyone out there w/stories of their own varnishing experiments? Let us know in the comments! 😊
Two Differing Painting Re-evaluations
Two more paintings I wanted to re-evaluate in terms of their “finished” status. Kinda understandable for Fog Along Lady Bird Lake below, since it’s practically a Notan with some light color glazing, and I painted in this spring (ie, not that long ago.) No decision re what to do about this one yet.
Now, with Barton Springs Morning Fog Lifting, circa 2005, I have multiple layers of problems (literally) deciding. In very limited just-right light, it looks the way I want it to. In light like below, it doesn’t. Do I need to enhance the value differences? Or try a varnish? Would it’s highly textured surface be a destructive problem (vs just a challenge?) My research says use a gloss of high quality that can be removed. I’ll try Gamblin Gamvar first then.
Walking With Sheila in the Sun 😊
What a difference a day makes, or at least a day like today after 1/2 a week of very un-Austin weather, lol! We ended up relaxing in those orange chairs, soaking up the sun, in our coats, true! ☺️ The soft warmth of the sun on my face reminded me of my youth, growing up in Houston, going to Galveston, literally soaking up the sun when the ozone and particulate matter in our air were very different. Also true. I’ve also read we (humanity) can reverse much of our problems massively replanting our forests (among other things). Don’t know how true. But I do like trees 💕 😊
Though there have been years (among the decades) where Austin’s gotten good fall foliage, spotty stuff like this, the light sparkling the reds and yellow like sparklers in daylight, is more the thing here in Central Texas. And, it beats the 106 degree heat of summer 😊
And this is Cham, short for champagne according to his owner – who also gave Cham his rainbow colored tail 😊 He’s one of several four legged friends we sometimes see along our walks 💕
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Saturday, Nov 16th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 15 – Yoga Creativity and Awareness, Digital Art circa 2016“I’d very much begun to think ‘digital’ was the way for me to go by this time in early 2016, but I’d both begun to see my technical limitations and feel a growing reluctance within myself to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.2“Arturo began to search for an emerging wholeness in the images.“
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Laurie @retsebez“Laurie’s tweets are something I’ve only recently found myself looking for more of….”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html