My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Morning Woke With Sunshine in its Eyes ❤️
What a welcome sight!
Even the art room got a good start today, lit my maybe-done maybe-still-needs-work painting, In the Light – very fitting, lol! I do think it’s either done or needs to dry and become a test case for trying out a varnish coat later.
Anyone out there w/stories of their own varnishing experiments? Let us know in the comments! 😊
Two Differing Painting Re-evaluations
Two more paintings I wanted to re-evaluate in terms of their “finished” status. Kinda understandable for Fog Along Lady Bird Lake below, since it’s practically a Notan with some light color glazing, and I painted in this spring (ie, not that long ago.) No decision re what to do about this one yet.
Now, with Barton Springs Morning Fog Lifting, circa 2005, I have multiple layers of problems (literally) deciding. In very limited just-right light, it looks the way I want it to. In light like below, it doesn’t. Do I need to enhance the value differences? Or try a varnish? Would it’s highly textured surface be a destructive problem (vs just a challenge?) My research says use a gloss of high quality that can be removed. I’ll try Gamblin Gamvar first then.
Walking With Sheila in the Sun 😊
What a difference a day makes, or at least a day like today after 1/2 a week of very un-Austin weather, lol! We ended up relaxing in those orange chairs, soaking up the sun, in our coats, true! ☺️ The soft warmth of the sun on my face reminded me of my youth, growing up in Houston, going to Galveston, literally soaking up the sun when the ozone and particulate matter in our air were very different. Also true. I’ve also read we (humanity) can reverse much of our problems massively replanting our forests (among other things). Don’t know how true. But I do like trees 💕 😊
Though there have been years (among the decades) where Austin’s gotten good fall foliage, spotty stuff like this, the light sparkling the reds and yellow like sparklers in daylight, is more the thing here in Central Texas. And, it beats the 106 degree heat of summer 😊
And this is Cham, short for champagne according to his owner – who also gave Cham his rainbow colored tail 😊 He’s one of several four legged friends we sometimes see along our walks 💕
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Saturday, Nov 16th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html