My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Sunny Start to the Day
A cold 30 degree morning with the promise of abundant sunshine and warmer temps 😊
And we were able to take in several nice walks today! ❤️
First Varnishing, Ever! 😊
Late this morning, I finally got a bottle of quality varnish, Gamblin Gamvar Picture Varnish, and finally tried my 1st experiment!
Woman in Moonlight, as my image on Fine Art America shows, didn’t need any help to show well when 1st painted. Lately though, it had dulled, and darkened. This first application brought out the depths and nuances that’d made me feel it was complete ❤️
What I’ll be waiting to see now, as I see the varnish dry, is if one thin coat will be enough. I’ve already begun to see a slight unevenness as it dries (early evening).
But I’ll keep experimenting…so much at stake!
To see the creation of Woman in Moonlight, images and commentary and “story” of it 😊 please see my blog post at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2019/01/29/deciding-when-my-painting-is-done-part-4-discoverng-and-painting-a-story-woman-in-moonlight/
Sheila’s Famous Lunch for Today! ❤️
A new carnival squash, one just a touch larger than our 1st one recently. I cut it in half and this time then cut an X into the exposed halves, plus Sheila gave it longer in the oven. It paid off! Our 1st experience with this new squash was delicious, and this one was even better, softer and easier to eat!
I didn’t think I’d be able to eat my whole half of the squash, plus the rice pilaf and mussels – but I did 💕
Still unnamed since this past spring, I’d cast this 12×16 to the side, nearly to the trash, and almost to Goodwill. But it got lost in the shuffle of our move and stutter of two surgeries, and now it’s survived long enough for a hard 2nd look and benefit of my intensified interest in values & value gradations. I also see it as a “strong” candidate for my new varnishing experiments, lol!
Seeing it anew, with the lighting way below par (it being evening now), I still am impressed with the texture, both its rhythms and directional movements.
This shot does show a bit of highlight enhancements I made this evening. It needs a bit more. Then the question’ ll be if that, maybe a few small other changes, and the varnishing, will make this potential gem a candidate for one of Creative Arts Society’s modern art venues. We’ll see 😊
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Nov 17th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
[…] In-progress Painting Still in Progress, lol!But, progressing along enough to keep my interest – a bit more gradations, a little more definitions 😊 When done I’ll have to do a comparison strip of images. Yesterday’s “look” for this painting is here. […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ah, yes, experimenting with varnish, I’m still working on it too. It really can intensify the colors in a painting, I varnish everything I enter in a show or sell, for protection mostly, but it does help make colors pop!
LikeLiked by 1 person
These are the 1st times I’ve ever used it, crazy huh? Didn’t want the gloss, but seems like what I thought was my work was “off” (and may still be in some cases) was more the oil colors had faded as the oil dried out. The Gamvar I’m using is supposed to be good for both oil & acrylic; I have some of both. So far so good – fingers crossed 🤞 😊 You have any suggestions or precautions?
[…] I want to read up on and experiment more with varnishing, plus continue working on an unfinished piece from earlier this year.Temperatures are continuing to moderate, so also want to get outside more 😊 And, need to prepare […]
LikeLiked by 1 person