My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Sunny Start to the Day
A cold 30 degree morning with the promise of abundant sunshine and warmer temps 😊
And we were able to take in several nice walks today! ❤️
First Varnishing, Ever! 😊
Late this morning, I finally got a bottle of quality varnish, Gamblin Gamvar Picture Varnish, and finally tried my 1st experiment!
Woman in Moonlight, as my image on Fine Art America shows, didn’t need any help to show well when 1st painted. Lately though, it had dulled, and darkened. This first application brought out the depths and nuances that’d made me feel it was complete ❤️
What I’ll be waiting to see now, as I see the varnish dry, is if one thin coat will be enough. I’ve already begun to see a slight unevenness as it dries (early evening).
But I’ll keep experimenting…so much at stake!
To see the creation of Woman in Moonlight, images and commentary and “story” of it 😊 please see my blog post at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2019/01/29/deciding-when-my-painting-is-done-part-4-discoverng-and-painting-a-story-woman-in-moonlight/
Sheila’s Famous Lunch for Today! ❤️
A new carnival squash, one just a touch larger than our 1st one recently. I cut it in half and this time then cut an X into the exposed halves, plus Sheila gave it longer in the oven. It paid off! Our 1st experience with this new squash was delicious, and this one was even better, softer and easier to eat!
I didn’t think I’d be able to eat my whole half of the squash, plus the rice pilaf and mussels – but I did 💕
Still unnamed since this past spring, I’d cast this 12×16 to the side, nearly to the trash, and almost to Goodwill. But it got lost in the shuffle of our move and stutter of two surgeries, and now it’s survived long enough for a hard 2nd look and benefit of my intensified interest in values & value gradations. I also see it as a “strong” candidate for my new varnishing experiments, lol!
Seeing it anew, with the lighting way below par (it being evening now), I still am impressed with the texture, both its rhythms and directional movements.
This shot does show a bit of highlight enhancements I made this evening. It needs a bit more. Then the question’ ll be if that, maybe a few small other changes, and the varnishing, will make this potential gem a candidate for one of Creative Arts Society’s modern art venues. We’ll see 😊
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Nov 17th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
- August 13, 2022 – My 1st Back to Back SilverSneakers 45 Minute Zoom Classes : Circuit and Yoga!!What’s particularly nice and that I really like about how SilverSneakers has their class info organized, is that one can do nearly any kind of search top of their class listings page….
- August 12, 2022 – Texas TOD ( Tourist Orientated Designation ) Sign Go-Fund-Me for #PrimalGalleryDSExpanding on yesterday’s post, there’s a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in – Primal Gallery! Joe the owner literally built his gallery from the ground up….
- August 11, 2022 – Aging Gracefully, Riding the Tide of a Busy DayHad wanted to write about a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in ( Primal Gallery ), but….
- August 10, 2022 – A Beginner’s ( Layman’s ) View : Today’s #Inflation Report on #Food and #EnergyI came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
- August 09, 2022 – Revisiting #FestivalBeachFoodForest with Max the 9-Year OldAnd while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
- August 08, 2022 – Bingo! At #TheLadyBird’s 55+ Residences #AustinTexasAfter a full day of live online SilverSneakers exercise classes, painting…and of course Sheila’s wonderful meals – Sheila and I, plus the 9 year old and his mom, had a good old-fashioned Bingo bash, lol! ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html