My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Sunny Start to the Day
A cold 30 degree morning with the promise of abundant sunshine and warmer temps 😊
And we were able to take in several nice walks today! ❤️
First Varnishing, Ever! 😊
Late this morning, I finally got a bottle of quality varnish, Gamblin Gamvar Picture Varnish, and finally tried my 1st experiment!
Woman in Moonlight, as my image on Fine Art America shows, didn’t need any help to show well when 1st painted. Lately though, it had dulled, and darkened. This first application brought out the depths and nuances that’d made me feel it was complete ❤️
What I’ll be waiting to see now, as I see the varnish dry, is if one thin coat will be enough. I’ve already begun to see a slight unevenness as it dries (early evening).
But I’ll keep experimenting…so much at stake!
To see the creation of Woman in Moonlight, images and commentary and “story” of it 😊 please see my blog post at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2019/01/29/deciding-when-my-painting-is-done-part-4-discoverng-and-painting-a-story-woman-in-moonlight/
Sheila’s Famous Lunch for Today! ❤️
A new carnival squash, one just a touch larger than our 1st one recently. I cut it in half and this time then cut an X into the exposed halves, plus Sheila gave it longer in the oven. It paid off! Our 1st experience with this new squash was delicious, and this one was even better, softer and easier to eat!
I didn’t think I’d be able to eat my whole half of the squash, plus the rice pilaf and mussels – but I did 💕
Still unnamed since this past spring, I’d cast this 12×16 to the side, nearly to the trash, and almost to Goodwill. But it got lost in the shuffle of our move and stutter of two surgeries, and now it’s survived long enough for a hard 2nd look and benefit of my intensified interest in values & value gradations. I also see it as a “strong” candidate for my new varnishing experiments, lol!
Seeing it anew, with the lighting way below par (it being evening now), I still am impressed with the texture, both its rhythms and directional movements.
This shot does show a bit of highlight enhancements I made this evening. It needs a bit more. Then the question’ ll be if that, maybe a few small other changes, and the varnishing, will make this potential gem a candidate for one of Creative Arts Society’s modern art venues. We’ll see 😊
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Nov 17th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent | Inc.com by Melanie CurtinThe group that created "Weightless", Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists. Its carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms, and bass lines help slow a listener's heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 13-14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 13-14, 2019 – Trip to Houston: Christmas Lights, My Mom
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 12, 2019 – Grandchildren & grandparents ❤️ My artist process – old starts becoming new paintings 👩🎤
- Pursuit of Perfection in the Arts by David J. Rogers“The virtuoso performance is the single most exciting and popular feature not only of drama but of any art, and the most thrilling feature of a virtuoso performance is not the possibility that the artist may fail. Rather, it is the spectacle of succeeding in an extraordinary way…”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 11, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 11, 2019 – Creativity: My artist process / comparison 2003 vs 2019 – is it that much different?
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 10, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 10, 2019 – Varnishing, glazing, and delivery two paintings to Buda Mercantile Co., Buda Tx 😊
- Glazing with Acrylics, Oils and Watercolors / Just Paint via Stacy Brock & Golden Artist ColorsThe word “glaze” can have a very slightly different meaning whether you are painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor. In all three media, a glaze is a translucent layer of color applied on top of a base of other colors or an underpainting.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html