My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Sunny Start to the Day
A cold 30 degree morning with the promise of abundant sunshine and warmer temps 😊
And we were able to take in several nice walks today! ❤️
First Varnishing, Ever! 😊
Late this morning, I finally got a bottle of quality varnish, Gamblin Gamvar Picture Varnish, and finally tried my 1st experiment!
Woman in Moonlight, as my image on Fine Art America shows, didn’t need any help to show well when 1st painted. Lately though, it had dulled, and darkened. This first application brought out the depths and nuances that’d made me feel it was complete ❤️
What I’ll be waiting to see now, as I see the varnish dry, is if one thin coat will be enough. I’ve already begun to see a slight unevenness as it dries (early evening).
But I’ll keep experimenting…so much at stake!
To see the creation of Woman in Moonlight, images and commentary and “story” of it 😊 please see my blog post at – https://felipeadanlerma.com/2019/01/29/deciding-when-my-painting-is-done-part-4-discoverng-and-painting-a-story-woman-in-moonlight/
Sheila’s Famous Lunch for Today! ❤️
A new carnival squash, one just a touch larger than our 1st one recently. I cut it in half and this time then cut an X into the exposed halves, plus Sheila gave it longer in the oven. It paid off! Our 1st experience with this new squash was delicious, and this one was even better, softer and easier to eat!
I didn’t think I’d be able to eat my whole half of the squash, plus the rice pilaf and mussels – but I did 💕
Still unnamed since this past spring, I’d cast this 12×16 to the side, nearly to the trash, and almost to Goodwill. But it got lost in the shuffle of our move and stutter of two surgeries, and now it’s survived long enough for a hard 2nd look and benefit of my intensified interest in values & value gradations. I also see it as a “strong” candidate for my new varnishing experiments, lol!
Seeing it anew, with the lighting way below par (it being evening now), I still am impressed with the texture, both its rhythms and directional movements.
This shot does show a bit of highlight enhancements I made this evening. It needs a bit more. Then the question’ ll be if that, maybe a few small other changes, and the varnishing, will make this potential gem a candidate for one of Creative Arts Society’s modern art venues. We’ll see 😊
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Nov 17th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.18.1“One of the nicer things Arturo and Rosetta had learned from years of living in Galveston was the enjoyment of living near nature.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.3“Senior classes, in general, were too non-stop, with little variety, and little information about how each routine benefited them. The idea seemed to be to….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Sarah Loft @SMaureneLoft #AbstractConstruction“I’ve watched and enjoyed and shared her work as she herself struggled with varying illnesses, never wavering in her commitment to both share hers and others’ work, plus remaining creative herself.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.2“Trying various fitness classes meant an effort, together, to find a common ground again….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.1“The first days, when Arturo and Rosetta were once again together, meals especially, were exceptionally quiet….”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 20 – Lit Like Stained Glass , Uploaded 04.13.16“Burlington, my wife’s home town in Vermont, is a very walkable city, and summers and early fall we’d often walk back at night from festivals and such….”
- Turned 70 Today – A Lot To Be Grateful For!“Plus… The first family meal, outdoors, socially distanced from other folks, since the beginning of the pandemic!”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html