Last week was practically a push through memory lane for me, lol! I delivered art work from both the 80s and 2000s, to two different art venues (sponsored by Creative Arts Society – CAS), featuring art in acrylic (80’s) and oil (2000’s).
I did include a few different images of the deliveries via My Yesterday in Pictures posts for Nov 11th (Mon) and the 13th (Wed), and this post adds to them.
Later today (Tue, Nov 19th) Sheila & I plan to meet a friend for lunch at Cypress Grill 😊
Hopefully I’ll have more pics of this “authentic” Cajun restaurant, and my paintings on the walls w/customers about. If so I’ll post them in My Yesterday in Pictures for Tuesday, Nov 19th. They always run a day behind cause they’re, well, yesterday, lol!
This is an early morning pre-open view. But with a menu like theirs (and we’ve peeked in their before, being very close to one of our Gold’s Gyms options 😊 – it gets packed!)
I hope to have images of both paintings up and available for prints and gift items on Fine Art America very soon 😊
I’m not much a visitor to any hair salons, or barber shops, lol, as recent bio pics of myself (like the one at top of the post) show, but I recognize a well run snazzy place when I come across one 😊
Delivering my art was quite a festive gathering of artists coming & going and I could see (this was my 1st of the week’s 2 deliveries) the quality of art via CAS members is quite good!
In the image below, the brownish-red-orange abstract is mine. And, if you glance at the mirror to its right, the red framed, red matted abstract in the distance is also mine 😊. This is a very nice venue and I’m very happy to be showing here!
Being Austin, Urban Hair also has a neat web page, The Urban Report, w/CAS featured at the top and articles headlined as – OUR TAKE ON THE CURRENT NEWS IN HAIR – nice!
I’ve only recently rejoined CAS since before Sheila and I left for Vermont in 2010, and it’s already proving itself better than then!
So if you happen to be in Austin, I’ve several places to take a peek at my art, like Urban Hair & Cypress Grill, including also of course, the Old Bakery & Emporium 😊
And if you’re from out of town and would like info on how to get to any location, just let me know in the comments 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 24, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Arm Chair View Paris, an early #watercolor #blackandwhite #figureart circa Sept 2020An interesting most viewed results on my Fine Art America site this past viewing period — Plus, as surprising, was the fact 4 of my top 6 most viewed images were Paris themed, 2 of the remainder were also from places we’ve visited (New York & Vermont), followed by most viewed “period” of an Austin pink sunset 😊 On top of that I’ve apparently never included an image of Arm Chair View Paris in one of my blog posts before! Well we’re remedying that here now ❤️
- October 23, 2021 – New #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Mother and ChildIt’s been quite a development for this painting, growing from an idea of a previous work with a less defined at the time unrealized depiction of a younger and older person. Probably the most important development is my own realization of that development, lol! Frankly, though I often saw a realization-glimpse of that sort even from my 20s about my art, and maybe as a child, I literally blew it off and kept on going 😊
- October 22, 2021 – A Day With the 8 Year Old = Painting His Wooden Sword for Halloween, Circling the Trailhead to Barton Creek Greenbelt, Visiting Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Celebrating Veterans Art at the Old Bakery & Emporium, and Watching Big Hero 6 on Disney+!!!This post is long on pictures, mostly because it was a long day from getting up to getting back to bed, lol! But what a good day it was ❤️ Here’s hoping this long post of pictures brings a similar good feeling! First up, above, is a special project Max has had his heart on, re-creating a magical sword he sees and experiences using in one of his video games – Zelda Breath of the Wild! All part of his progressing Halloween costume….
- October 21, 2021 – Delivering New Art to the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – 3 Piece Floral Set and 1 Autumn 6×6, all #WatercolorsDespite my many gripes about living in Austin, Texas, there’s of course a handful of things I do like. Among them is the opportunity the city makes for artisans 50 or older living in the Austin area to show their creative work. I’ve been fortunate to have some sales, and am very grateful to be able to replenish my inventory with the paintings above.
- October 20, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Paris Dreams (Dreaming of Paris)I’m very grateful to my buyer at the Old Bakery & Emporium in Austin Texas! 🙏 With as few months as the Old Bakery’s been reopen, and all the precautions needed to be taken recently here in Austin, it’s a miracle to be able to share my art a this time 💕
- October 19, 2021 – Turning 71 Feels Like Turning on the Spigots!I’ve meandered around what to write for my birthday post this year, probably reflecting not exactly the chaos (though there’s enough of that, lol!) but the whirl of activity in my life right now – fitness activities, art – of all kind, family, and the stutteringly slow but certain shift from unbearable 6 month summer in Austin to, well, breathable walkable art-doable weather ❤️ Weatherman says the weekend days’ highs into my birthday (Tuesday) are the coolest temps since mid-April. That’s a very long time, lol! 😅
- October 18, 2021 – A Good Problem, Lots of Interesting Pics and Posts Developing in My Blog Pipeline! Part 3, 1st Completed Work of 5 – “Playtime, Mother and Child”I’m also breaking a bit of tradition in terms of my routine and going ahead and posting my completed image, not as good a resolution etc as I’d like (yet), and also not yet uploaded to Fine Art America. It’s simply a time choice. Paint and create. Or paint less but massage the photo capture & upload to FAA more. It’s not really a win-lose thing.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html