My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Warm soft air feathered with the first clouds of change. Mild change. Slow change, not the charging cutting cold fronts of a few weeks’ past. They’ll return this winter, but not this time around, this week. The clouds of change instead are a gauze of beauty to see and walk under.
The view of the entrance to the walk alongside the bridge over Slaughter Creek is filled with the angles, shadows and lines of humanity’s crossings across the edges of the Hill Country. Below, beyond those lines, are the dry vestiges of one edge to that Hill Country.
The path across a currently dry creek capable of rising a dozen or more feet in a flood is a long one. It’s hard to imagine the patience to pass through here enroute anywhere hundreds of years ago, on foot or horseback. On the other end of the walk I spotted three deer and a jackrabbit scurrying from one side of brush to the other. One of the deer spotted me and stopped, waiting a split second to size me up. How fast I might be, and if it mattered. I took a blurred picture and it joined the other two in the bush. The rabbit never hesitated. Traffic droned by and I headed back, glancing at the calligraphic clouds left like tell-tale smoke signals left like memories, signals to catch my eye. I glanced across the road, tempted to run across it vs the light further back. I sized up the speeds, gauging how fast the cars might be, and if it mattered. One passed in a blur, joining a car and a truck in passing to the other side of the creek, and I turned, heading back to the light. Yes. It mattered.
My Art at Cypress Grill
My crawfish PoBoy was delicious. Wasn’t on the printed menu, but had spotted it on the online version and definitely was available! Large, twice the size of small, wasn’t double in price so I chose that and never regretted it. And my side of steamed broccoli was as deep green and luscious as a freshly varnished painting and twice as delicious, lol! I never liked eating paint, even water soluble ones 😊 My paintings are, the bottom right pale-blues sky and sea with sailboats (Canyon Lake), and the 3rd from the right top row dock with reflecting sky and water (Dock at Laguna Gloria). That’s pretty marvelous other art surrounding mine, good company 💕 The light through the glass in the converted roll-down garage style loading dock door is perfect for the plant and the pictures. Very nice ☺️
Twilights, morning or evening, fascinate me. The light changes anywhere from fast to barely perceptible, and it’s not always predictable. My favorite full light twilight experiences (so far) have been in Vermont, like over Mt Mansfield. This little beauty below, on my iPhone XR, telephoto applied, pixelated itself into a painting without any further help from me 😊 and I’ll gladly take it ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Wednesday, Nov 20th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
You are not only a great painter and photographer, but a wonderful writer as well, I enjoy reading your clever words!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Ahhh, I’m humbled by your words, Tiffany ☺️ I have never felt myself “great” in most anything except “maybe” continuity of effort, but not in any one thing, maybe sadly so, lol 😊 But thank you! Certain types of images and certain types of occasions or interactions I’ve noticed bring out particular writing styles. I just try not to get more in the way than usual 😊 ❤️ I’m more fluid within that expression (writing) than I am yet w/painting. Photography’s getting closer to my writing that way (easier to practice). But there are those times w/painting, and oh, those are rare but wonderful to experience!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] the fringes of the hill country, evening twilight, and my art at Cypress Grill, are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 19’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link […]
LikeLiked by 1 person