My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Warm soft air feathered with the first clouds of change. Mild change. Slow change, not the charging cutting cold fronts of a few weeks’ past. They’ll return this winter, but not this time around, this week. The clouds of change instead are a gauze of beauty to see and walk under.
The view of the entrance to the walk alongside the bridge over Slaughter Creek is filled with the angles, shadows and lines of humanity’s crossings across the edges of the Hill Country. Below, beyond those lines, are the dry vestiges of one edge to that Hill Country.
The path across a currently dry creek capable of rising a dozen or more feet in a flood is a long one. It’s hard to imagine the patience to pass through here enroute anywhere hundreds of years ago, on foot or horseback. On the other end of the walk I spotted three deer and a jackrabbit scurrying from one side of brush to the other. One of the deer spotted me and stopped, waiting a split second to size me up. How fast I might be, and if it mattered. I took a blurred picture and it joined the other two in the bush. The rabbit never hesitated. Traffic droned by and I headed back, glancing at the calligraphic clouds left like tell-tale smoke signals left like memories, signals to catch my eye. I glanced across the road, tempted to run across it vs the light further back. I sized up the speeds, gauging how fast the cars might be, and if it mattered. One passed in a blur, joining a car and a truck in passing to the other side of the creek, and I turned, heading back to the light. Yes. It mattered.
My Art at Cypress Grill
My crawfish PoBoy was delicious. Wasn’t on the printed menu, but had spotted it on the online version and definitely was available! Large, twice the size of small, wasn’t double in price so I chose that and never regretted it. And my side of steamed broccoli was as deep green and luscious as a freshly varnished painting and twice as delicious, lol! I never liked eating paint, even water soluble ones 😊 My paintings are, the bottom right pale-blues sky and sea with sailboats (Canyon Lake), and the 3rd from the right top row dock with reflecting sky and water (Dock at Laguna Gloria). That’s pretty marvelous other art surrounding mine, good company 💕 The light through the glass in the converted roll-down garage style loading dock door is perfect for the plant and the pictures. Very nice ☺️
Twilights, morning or evening, fascinate me. The light changes anywhere from fast to barely perceptible, and it’s not always predictable. My favorite full light twilight experiences (so far) have been in Vermont, like over Mt Mansfield. This little beauty below, on my iPhone XR, telephoto applied, pixelated itself into a painting without any further help from me 😊 and I’ll gladly take it ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Wednesday, Nov 20th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Manet made the doodles in his letters look effortless … by using tracing paper | Art and design | The Guardian“of the illustrated letters: “They are always described as breezy, virtuosic and effortless, and dashed off in a moment. But what I discovered is that most of these things seem to have been traced from more searching and careful drawings.”
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Knives Out” – a Charmer with Daniel Craig+++ 😊“I left the theatre and spent the evening wondering if my obsession that Knives Out was a grand modernized tribute to Agatha Christie was just my imagination, and my limited exposure to the wide variety of mystery niches in books and film.”
- Foggy Monday, Foggy Week (they say 😊) – Time For Art & a Movie! 01.14.20“Hi everyone! All the Austin weather folk have us boxed in with fog. Good thing Sheila & I took advantage of this past weekend’s unbelievably nice weather 😊 But the change in weather hasn’t slowed us down much, lol!”
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Woolley's Watercolour Episode 9 Line & Wash – The Perfect Combination, with Peter Woolley (Amazon Prime)“What I particularly liked about Peter’s presentation of creating with line and and wash in watercolor (beyond finding out the basics to begin with) is how he presented the exploration of the topic to the me, the viewer.”
- Catching Up the Weekend 01.12.20“Hi everyone, just a quick note. Haven’t been able to post this weekend like I’d like ‘cause, well, simply put, I had to choose between posting and being able to take advantage of a rare beauty of a weekend here in Austin with family and art projects 😊 ”
- Favorites Images of 2019: A Retrospective | Richard Bernabe“ Expect the unexpected might be a tired cliché but that doesn’t make it any less true, particularly with regard to travel. Planning is admirable and always recommended but you should also assume that most of your plans will eventually be replaced by improvisation and gut instinct.”
- My Most Recently Uploaded Image Onto Fine Art America, Birds Eye View 6×6 Acrylic Watercolor #1 😊“In effect I chose to experiment with what still seems an incredible new world of opportunity for me, over trying to force the developing image into what I thought I wanted to begin with – before I saw what was possible.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html