My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Warm soft air feathered with the first clouds of change. Mild change. Slow change, not the charging cutting cold fronts of a few weeks’ past. They’ll return this winter, but not this time around, this week. The clouds of change instead are a gauze of beauty to see and walk under.
The view of the entrance to the walk alongside the bridge over Slaughter Creek is filled with the angles, shadows and lines of humanity’s crossings across the edges of the Hill Country. Below, beyond those lines, are the dry vestiges of one edge to that Hill Country.
The path across a currently dry creek capable of rising a dozen or more feet in a flood is a long one. It’s hard to imagine the patience to pass through here enroute anywhere hundreds of years ago, on foot or horseback. On the other end of the walk I spotted three deer and a jackrabbit scurrying from one side of brush to the other. One of the deer spotted me and stopped, waiting a split second to size me up. How fast I might be, and if it mattered. I took a blurred picture and it joined the other two in the bush. The rabbit never hesitated. Traffic droned by and I headed back, glancing at the calligraphic clouds left like tell-tale smoke signals left like memories, signals to catch my eye. I glanced across the road, tempted to run across it vs the light further back. I sized up the speeds, gauging how fast the cars might be, and if it mattered. One passed in a blur, joining a car and a truck in passing to the other side of the creek, and I turned, heading back to the light. Yes. It mattered.
My Art at Cypress Grill
My crawfish PoBoy was delicious. Wasn’t on the printed menu, but had spotted it on the online version and definitely was available! Large, twice the size of small, wasn’t double in price so I chose that and never regretted it. And my side of steamed broccoli was as deep green and luscious as a freshly varnished painting and twice as delicious, lol! I never liked eating paint, even water soluble ones 😊 My paintings are, the bottom right pale-blues sky and sea with sailboats (Canyon Lake), and the 3rd from the right top row dock with reflecting sky and water (Dock at Laguna Gloria). That’s pretty marvelous other art surrounding mine, good company 💕 The light through the glass in the converted roll-down garage style loading dock door is perfect for the plant and the pictures. Very nice ☺️
Twilights, morning or evening, fascinate me. The light changes anywhere from fast to barely perceptible, and it’s not always predictable. My favorite full light twilight experiences (so far) have been in Vermont, like over Mt Mansfield. This little beauty below, on my iPhone XR, telephoto applied, pixelated itself into a painting without any further help from me 😊 and I’ll gladly take it ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate an both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday
My Day Ahead for Wednesday, Nov 20th, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, June 04, 2020Resting Up From Too Much Exertion, lol 😊 We had a rare patch of extremely nice weather for nearly a week here in Central Texas recently (now heading to near then above 100-107 next 10 days!) and I literally immersed myself in long fresh air walks and extra live online yoga and balance classes and two days ago could hardly move! 😂
- Easy Morning – New Watercolor #FigureArt on Absorbent Ground, May 2020Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground 6×6 gallery wrap canvas #figureart My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊 I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html