My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Experimenting with Acrylics
Adding the background base —
So I finally painted in the larger black/dark background, getting most the floral edges pretty clean, but also knowing they’re shaped and I’ll be coming back much later to re-shape & color them how I’d like.
Below, I’ve added a kind of placeholder spot for my signature. I’ve found that sometimes, either because of textural patterns, or, less frequently, the image is so complete I can’t find where to sign it without losing some of the effect. So once in awhile I paint in a placeholder spot to remind me where I think my sig may go best.
It might seem obvious that the big bottom right spot’ll have lots of room for my name, but if the textural pattern is ridged strongly in just the right, or maybe I should say, wrong spot, then the sig looks off, or weird, or both, lol!
So my sig here now reminds to keep that small area relatively smooth. And it may sound weird, but I also had to experiment, even here, not only where to sign, but how big!
If you look closely at the bottom image’s blowup of the middle image’s signature area —
— you can see, not a digital ghost, but where I tried my 1st sig placement. It’s easy to see it would be too low, and, that it was too big 😊
I wish I had more pics, but I ran out of juice. Still needed to walk, plus prep the dishwasher and a few other details. I’d thought to add some photos of the acrylic paints I snagged on sale at Michael’s today, but I bought several different brands, esp of white, and didn’t think either of the 3 brands would appreciate my putting a pic of the 3 side by side, lol! But trust me, I got some great one-day bargains, plus picked up an online order for store pick-up I placed the day before (different sale 😊)
Take care everyone, be safe, be creative! In any way that helps your soul and heart ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Dec 1st, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html