My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Experimenting with Acrylics
Adding the background base —
So I finally painted in the larger black/dark background, getting most the floral edges pretty clean, but also knowing they’re shaped and I’ll be coming back much later to re-shape & color them how I’d like.
Below, I’ve added a kind of placeholder spot for my signature. I’ve found that sometimes, either because of textural patterns, or, less frequently, the image is so complete I can’t find where to sign it without losing some of the effect. So once in awhile I paint in a placeholder spot to remind me where I think my sig may go best.
It might seem obvious that the big bottom right spot’ll have lots of room for my name, but if the textural pattern is ridged strongly in just the right, or maybe I should say, wrong spot, then the sig looks off, or weird, or both, lol!
So my sig here now reminds to keep that small area relatively smooth. And it may sound weird, but I also had to experiment, even here, not only where to sign, but how big!
If you look closely at the bottom image’s blowup of the middle image’s signature area —
— you can see, not a digital ghost, but where I tried my 1st sig placement. It’s easy to see it would be too low, and, that it was too big 😊
I wish I had more pics, but I ran out of juice. Still needed to walk, plus prep the dishwasher and a few other details. I’d thought to add some photos of the acrylic paints I snagged on sale at Michael’s today, but I bought several different brands, esp of white, and didn’t think either of the 3 brands would appreciate my putting a pic of the 3 side by side, lol! But trust me, I got some great one-day bargains, plus picked up an online order for store pick-up I placed the day before (different sale 😊)
Take care everyone, be safe, be creative! In any way that helps your soul and heart ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Dec 1st, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
I don’t either! I mean, if nothing else, just so folks’ll know who to look for, for similar work etc! With my sig, I sometimes find myself in a fix ‘cause I’ve boxed myself in, unable to find a good spot to sign. I can see why some artist have like this neat arty letter or symbol they use that’s much easier to insert, but I’ve been using “Adan” for ages, so I’ll stick with it. If I remember early enough, I leave a “probable” spot I can use, lol! 😊
Ah, I often struggle with the signature placement! I’ve noticed many artists don’t sign their work at all, which I just don’t understand!
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] pics of my acrylic painting in progress are in today’s My Yesterday in Pictures, Nov 30’19 – link listed automatically once posted, under my Category link […]