My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Experimenting with Acrylics
Adding the background base —
So I finally painted in the larger black/dark background, getting most the floral edges pretty clean, but also knowing they’re shaped and I’ll be coming back much later to re-shape & color them how I’d like.
Below, I’ve added a kind of placeholder spot for my signature. I’ve found that sometimes, either because of textural patterns, or, less frequently, the image is so complete I can’t find where to sign it without losing some of the effect. So once in awhile I paint in a placeholder spot to remind me where I think my sig may go best.
It might seem obvious that the big bottom right spot’ll have lots of room for my name, but if the textural pattern is ridged strongly in just the right, or maybe I should say, wrong spot, then the sig looks off, or weird, or both, lol!
So my sig here now reminds to keep that small area relatively smooth. And it may sound weird, but I also had to experiment, even here, not only where to sign, but how big!
If you look closely at the bottom image’s blowup of the middle image’s signature area —
— you can see, not a digital ghost, but where I tried my 1st sig placement. It’s easy to see it would be too low, and, that it was too big 😊
I wish I had more pics, but I ran out of juice. Still needed to walk, plus prep the dishwasher and a few other details. I’d thought to add some photos of the acrylic paints I snagged on sale at Michael’s today, but I bought several different brands, esp of white, and didn’t think either of the 3 brands would appreciate my putting a pic of the 3 side by side, lol! But trust me, I got some great one-day bargains, plus picked up an online order for store pick-up I placed the day before (different sale 😊)
Take care everyone, be safe, be creative! In any way that helps your soul and heart ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Dec 1st, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.5.1“Much like art, Arturo thought to himself, walking up the stone-touched step way to a nearby church where they taught other seniors, yes, produce from the heart….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Tina @Tina69911364 #LyricLandscape“Tina’s sharing of impressionist painter Richard Schmid’s image, plus Patricia Hampl’s evocative words, strikes a deep chord in me.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.4.1“Their exhausted satisfaction with their day at the art festival, left Rosetta and Arturo surprisingly wanting, needing, their own personal exhaustion, with each other.“
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html