My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Experimenting with Acrylics
Adding the background base —
So I finally painted in the larger black/dark background, getting most the floral edges pretty clean, but also knowing they’re shaped and I’ll be coming back much later to re-shape & color them how I’d like.
Below, I’ve added a kind of placeholder spot for my signature. I’ve found that sometimes, either because of textural patterns, or, less frequently, the image is so complete I can’t find where to sign it without losing some of the effect. So once in awhile I paint in a placeholder spot to remind me where I think my sig may go best.
It might seem obvious that the big bottom right spot’ll have lots of room for my name, but if the textural pattern is ridged strongly in just the right, or maybe I should say, wrong spot, then the sig looks off, or weird, or both, lol!
So my sig here now reminds to keep that small area relatively smooth. And it may sound weird, but I also had to experiment, even here, not only where to sign, but how big!
If you look closely at the bottom image’s blowup of the middle image’s signature area —
— you can see, not a digital ghost, but where I tried my 1st sig placement. It’s easy to see it would be too low, and, that it was too big 😊
I wish I had more pics, but I ran out of juice. Still needed to walk, plus prep the dishwasher and a few other details. I’d thought to add some photos of the acrylic paints I snagged on sale at Michael’s today, but I bought several different brands, esp of white, and didn’t think either of the 3 brands would appreciate my putting a pic of the 3 side by side, lol! But trust me, I got some great one-day bargains, plus picked up an online order for store pick-up I placed the day before (different sale 😊)
Take care everyone, be safe, be creative! In any way that helps your soul and heart ❤️
My Day Ahead series posts elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday.
My Day Ahead for Sunday, Dec 1st, posts well after this post, and may carry a bit more commentary about the images above. It’ll also automatically show up via the link above when posted – thanks everyone!
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent | Inc.com by Melanie CurtinThe group that created "Weightless", Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists. Its carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms, and bass lines help slow a listener's heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 13-14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 13-14, 2019 – Trip to Houston: Christmas Lights, My Mom
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 12, 2019 – Grandchildren & grandparents ❤️ My artist process – old starts becoming new paintings 👩🎤
- Pursuit of Perfection in the Arts by David J. Rogers“The virtuoso performance is the single most exciting and popular feature not only of drama but of any art, and the most thrilling feature of a virtuoso performance is not the possibility that the artist may fail. Rather, it is the spectacle of succeeding in an extraordinary way…”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 11, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 11, 2019 – Creativity: My artist process / comparison 2003 vs 2019 – is it that much different?
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 10, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 10, 2019 – Varnishing, glazing, and delivery two paintings to Buda Mercantile Co., Buda Tx 😊
- Glazing with Acrylics, Oils and Watercolors / Just Paint via Stacy Brock & Golden Artist ColorsThe word “glaze” can have a very slightly different meaning whether you are painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor. In all three media, a glaze is a translucent layer of color applied on top of a base of other colors or an underpainting.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html