My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Wish I’d taken a shot of the display of carnival squash before they’d been sold, lol! But there was still a really nice variety Sunday morning. I got one of the last of the carnival variety though! Maybe more next week 😊
Experimenting with Acrylic Paints
Continuing my acrylic experimental painting (previous stages chronicled in recent My Yesterday in Pictures posts), I took one of the blooms in basic lay-in of being in light (vs the shadowed background) and micro-sized my shadow-light lay-in to the upper right bloom. It’s still very basic, but I’m pleased with the way I can shade (or lighten) an area w/acrylic, just simply touch-coloring over the dried previous color.
Luckily, my more textured initial lay-in shaping of the blooms using marble dust in my paint has left wonderful ridges of guidelines for my edges!
Blending vs using oils, for me anyway, is totally different w/acrylic, as I can “mix” a wet color into a dry one, but, I can stumble it, which I like anyway for it’s effect of uneven dappled-like light.
Here again, my Fredrix marble dust paint mixture for the center of the blooms really helped me in my color-dabbing to simulate the real flower’s texture.
It’ll be interesting too — way later on it seems, the speed I’m developing this painting, lol! — to see how varnish will bring it the color nuances and sense of depth. I’ll definitely be using my recently purchased oil/acrylic-use Gambling Gamvar if I do varnish it ‘cause it’s removable! Didn’t think that’d even be important to me til now, lol!
Walking with Max
Max & family were back from a visit to the other grandparents and when we went by to say hello, Sheila & I’d just eaten so, yes, I needed to walk, lol! Max was raring to join me, probably cause it was such a gorgeous 1st day of December! It reminded me (I told my Vermont born wife) of a perfect gentle summer day back in her home state. That gave her a good laugh 😊 She, way more than me, is aware how brutal their weather is there already, even compared to our unusually cold winter start here in Central Texas!
Even stopping for a rest, a six year old – if not konked out tired & asleep 😂 – little ones are go go go! ❤️
ps 1 – I did look up “konked out vs conked out” & looks like they’re both acceptable, sorta 😊 Also found an interesting post re the term’s origins! Fun stuff!
ps 2 – my afternoon walk w/Max was instrumental in my reaching 7500+ steps Sunday 1st time in a few days. I initially blamed the weather for the lapse, then the holidays, then my schedule of things to do (combo of desired & necessary), and finally settled on the need for recovery; the latter probably being the actual determining reason ☺️
And finally, becoming one of my fav framed views from our balcony is the view down and through the upper hallway across from us. I had some great pics through there of the last of the fall colors, and now this, a beautifully lit night view almost as if done by an artist! Maybe it was ♥️
Here’s a little cleaner view below —
Take care everyone! Watch out for beauty everywhere! 💕
My Day Ahead series posts, on an intermittent basis, elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html