My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Wish I’d taken a shot of the display of carnival squash before they’d been sold, lol! But there was still a really nice variety Sunday morning. I got one of the last of the carnival variety though! Maybe more next week 😊
Experimenting with Acrylic Paints
Continuing my acrylic experimental painting (previous stages chronicled in recent My Yesterday in Pictures posts), I took one of the blooms in basic lay-in of being in light (vs the shadowed background) and micro-sized my shadow-light lay-in to the upper right bloom. It’s still very basic, but I’m pleased with the way I can shade (or lighten) an area w/acrylic, just simply touch-coloring over the dried previous color.
Luckily, my more textured initial lay-in shaping of the blooms using marble dust in my paint has left wonderful ridges of guidelines for my edges!
Blending vs using oils, for me anyway, is totally different w/acrylic, as I can “mix” a wet color into a dry one, but, I can stumble it, which I like anyway for it’s effect of uneven dappled-like light.
Here again, my Fredrix marble dust paint mixture for the center of the blooms really helped me in my color-dabbing to simulate the real flower’s texture.
It’ll be interesting too — way later on it seems, the speed I’m developing this painting, lol! — to see how varnish will bring it the color nuances and sense of depth. I’ll definitely be using my recently purchased oil/acrylic-use Gambling Gamvar if I do varnish it ‘cause it’s removable! Didn’t think that’d even be important to me til now, lol!
Walking with Max
Max & family were back from a visit to the other grandparents and when we went by to say hello, Sheila & I’d just eaten so, yes, I needed to walk, lol! Max was raring to join me, probably cause it was such a gorgeous 1st day of December! It reminded me (I told my Vermont born wife) of a perfect gentle summer day back in her home state. That gave her a good laugh 😊 She, way more than me, is aware how brutal their weather is there already, even compared to our unusually cold winter start here in Central Texas!
Even stopping for a rest, a six year old – if not konked out tired & asleep 😂 – little ones are go go go! ❤️
ps 1 – I did look up “konked out vs conked out” & looks like they’re both acceptable, sorta 😊 Also found an interesting post re the term’s origins! Fun stuff!
ps 2 – my afternoon walk w/Max was instrumental in my reaching 7500+ steps Sunday 1st time in a few days. I initially blamed the weather for the lapse, then the holidays, then my schedule of things to do (combo of desired & necessary), and finally settled on the need for recovery; the latter probably being the actual determining reason ☺️
And finally, becoming one of my fav framed views from our balcony is the view down and through the upper hallway across from us. I had some great pics through there of the last of the fall colors, and now this, a beautifully lit night view almost as if done by an artist! Maybe it was ♥️
Here’s a little cleaner view below —
Take care everyone! Watch out for beauty everywhere! 💕
My Day Ahead series posts, on an intermittent basis, elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
- May 14, 2022 – My 1st Classical Stretch Workout with Miranda Esmonde-White ( via YouTube ) in Many Months!Though similar to SilverSneakers’ classes, Miranda’s classes focus largely on making the fascia network in our bodies more fluid. Some movements are very similar, but more extended, dance-like, reflecting Miranda’s ballerina and dance background!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html