My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Wish I’d taken a shot of the display of carnival squash before they’d been sold, lol! But there was still a really nice variety Sunday morning. I got one of the last of the carnival variety though! Maybe more next week 😊
Experimenting with Acrylic Paints
Continuing my acrylic experimental painting (previous stages chronicled in recent My Yesterday in Pictures posts), I took one of the blooms in basic lay-in of being in light (vs the shadowed background) and micro-sized my shadow-light lay-in to the upper right bloom. It’s still very basic, but I’m pleased with the way I can shade (or lighten) an area w/acrylic, just simply touch-coloring over the dried previous color.
Luckily, my more textured initial lay-in shaping of the blooms using marble dust in my paint has left wonderful ridges of guidelines for my edges!
Blending vs using oils, for me anyway, is totally different w/acrylic, as I can “mix” a wet color into a dry one, but, I can stumble it, which I like anyway for it’s effect of uneven dappled-like light.
Here again, my Fredrix marble dust paint mixture for the center of the blooms really helped me in my color-dabbing to simulate the real flower’s texture.
It’ll be interesting too — way later on it seems, the speed I’m developing this painting, lol! — to see how varnish will bring it the color nuances and sense of depth. I’ll definitely be using my recently purchased oil/acrylic-use Gambling Gamvar if I do varnish it ‘cause it’s removable! Didn’t think that’d even be important to me til now, lol!
Walking with Max
Max & family were back from a visit to the other grandparents and when we went by to say hello, Sheila & I’d just eaten so, yes, I needed to walk, lol! Max was raring to join me, probably cause it was such a gorgeous 1st day of December! It reminded me (I told my Vermont born wife) of a perfect gentle summer day back in her home state. That gave her a good laugh 😊 She, way more than me, is aware how brutal their weather is there already, even compared to our unusually cold winter start here in Central Texas!
Even stopping for a rest, a six year old – if not konked out tired & asleep 😂 – little ones are go go go! ❤️
ps 1 – I did look up “konked out vs conked out” & looks like they’re both acceptable, sorta 😊 Also found an interesting post re the term’s origins! Fun stuff!
ps 2 – my afternoon walk w/Max was instrumental in my reaching 7500+ steps Sunday 1st time in a few days. I initially blamed the weather for the lapse, then the holidays, then my schedule of things to do (combo of desired & necessary), and finally settled on the need for recovery; the latter probably being the actual determining reason ☺️
And finally, becoming one of my fav framed views from our balcony is the view down and through the upper hallway across from us. I had some great pics through there of the last of the fall colors, and now this, a beautifully lit night view almost as if done by an artist! Maybe it was ♥️
Here’s a little cleaner view below —
Take care everyone! Watch out for beauty everywhere! 💕
My Day Ahead series posts, on an intermittent basis, elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic – “We are mirrors…”
- On the Way to the Cantina by Tiffany Arp Daleo 😊“She often writes that she paints intuitively, from the heart, finding any suggestion of image within her process itself, an amazing feat I “sometimes” feel I pull off 😏 ”
- In the Egg # 2 by Francisco Bravo CabreraFrancisco is an exceptionally prolific artist, with work that ranges from lush to whimsical or elegant.
- Villa Ladera – Private Hillside Escape * Pura Vida in Costa Rica! ❤️“…absolutely gorgeous, with 3 bedrooms- all with their own huge bathroom and shower! The sparkling pool and the seating area is just perfect for grilling and hanging out. And the location??!! ITS a 1 MINUTE WALK TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH AND DOZENS OF WONDERFUL RESTAURANTS!”
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Golden’s Clear Tar Gel – Messy, Tricky, and Wonderful Results! 😊“I was “very” hesitant to try Clear Tar Gel out, but had gotten to a point with a small acrylic work where either I chunked it, or tried this. I just hadn’t been able to keep the look I created when wet, no matter how much glaze medium & such I used; mostly in regard … Read more
- Manet made the doodles in his letters look effortless … by using tracing paper | Art and design | The Guardian“of the illustrated letters: “They are always described as breezy, virtuosic and effortless, and dashed off in a moment. But what I discovered is that most of these things seem to have been traced from more searching and careful drawings.”
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Knives Out” – a Charmer with Daniel Craig+++ 😊“I left the theatre and spent the evening wondering if my obsession that Knives Out was a grand modernized tribute to Agatha Christie was just my imagination, and my limited exposure to the wide variety of mystery niches in books and film.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html