My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
Plus, instead of having to work images into the My Day Ahead series posts, this new series will enable me to keep those as pure text, and supplement with images from a variety of possibilities here. It’s an experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Wish I’d taken a shot of the display of carnival squash before they’d been sold, lol! But there was still a really nice variety Sunday morning. I got one of the last of the carnival variety though! Maybe more next week 😊
Experimenting with Acrylic Paints
Continuing my acrylic experimental painting (previous stages chronicled in recent My Yesterday in Pictures posts), I took one of the blooms in basic lay-in of being in light (vs the shadowed background) and micro-sized my shadow-light lay-in to the upper right bloom. It’s still very basic, but I’m pleased with the way I can shade (or lighten) an area w/acrylic, just simply touch-coloring over the dried previous color.
Luckily, my more textured initial lay-in shaping of the blooms using marble dust in my paint has left wonderful ridges of guidelines for my edges!
Blending vs using oils, for me anyway, is totally different w/acrylic, as I can “mix” a wet color into a dry one, but, I can stumble it, which I like anyway for it’s effect of uneven dappled-like light.
Here again, my Fredrix marble dust paint mixture for the center of the blooms really helped me in my color-dabbing to simulate the real flower’s texture.
It’ll be interesting too — way later on it seems, the speed I’m developing this painting, lol! — to see how varnish will bring it the color nuances and sense of depth. I’ll definitely be using my recently purchased oil/acrylic-use Gambling Gamvar if I do varnish it ‘cause it’s removable! Didn’t think that’d even be important to me til now, lol!
Walking with Max
Max & family were back from a visit to the other grandparents and when we went by to say hello, Sheila & I’d just eaten so, yes, I needed to walk, lol! Max was raring to join me, probably cause it was such a gorgeous 1st day of December! It reminded me (I told my Vermont born wife) of a perfect gentle summer day back in her home state. That gave her a good laugh 😊 She, way more than me, is aware how brutal their weather is there already, even compared to our unusually cold winter start here in Central Texas!
Even stopping for a rest, a six year old – if not konked out tired & asleep 😂 – little ones are go go go! ❤️
ps 1 – I did look up “konked out vs conked out” & looks like they’re both acceptable, sorta 😊 Also found an interesting post re the term’s origins! Fun stuff!
ps 2 – my afternoon walk w/Max was instrumental in my reaching 7500+ steps Sunday 1st time in a few days. I initially blamed the weather for the lapse, then the holidays, then my schedule of things to do (combo of desired & necessary), and finally settled on the need for recovery; the latter probably being the actual determining reason ☺️
And finally, becoming one of my fav framed views from our balcony is the view down and through the upper hallway across from us. I had some great pics through there of the last of the fall colors, and now this, a beautifully lit night view almost as if done by an artist! Maybe it was ♥️
Here’s a little cleaner view below —
Take care everyone! Watch out for beauty everywhere! 💕
My Day Ahead series posts, on an intermittent basis, elaborate on both my day ahead & the day past, my yesterday 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 05, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Urban Forest Austin TexasAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 05, 2021 – Lady in Paris 1889, My Newest #AcrylicPainting Upload @FineArtAmerica* I began Lady in Paris 1889 in July last year, nearly a year ago now, and am glad to say I reached a resolution of how I wanted it to look, or more to the point, how I wanted it to feel, and finally uploaded it to Fine Art America yesterday ♥️
- May 04, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Mountain CloudsAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 04, 2021 – Volleyball Digger Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- May 03, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, 60s Style Mini-School BusAnother of my idea-searches for something at least relatively easy for me to post when I’d rather be painting, eating, sleeping, walking, or other random unrelated surprise opportunities the day might bring 😊
- May 03, 2021 – My Two Most Viewed Images This Week @FineArtAmerica, One Light, One Dark, One New, One Old, One Photo, One PaintingThere’s something especially nice when two of my images, each so distinct from the other, both come up nearly even in my most viewed count for the week at Fine Art America 💕
- May 02, 2021 – Contemplation Sunday : Moving During COVID-19, Exploring New Surroundings, Family, Art“Sunshine and higher temps broke out after nearly a week of slight to moderate rain and cloud cover…Like most things in life, the cooling off before the big heat of summer was a welcome relief, and the return of sunshine and ability to get around with slip-sliding was also. Variability, in some things, must be a good thing indeed! 😊 “
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html