My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Afternoon Walk with Sheila
Wonderful blue sky today for my walk with Sheila ❤️
If you look real close, mid-point, between the white bow tie of a cloud and the scratchy tree tops, is a resting crescent moon 🌙 😊
Continuing Acrylic Painting Experiment
Monday I filled in the other blooms’ petals with white over the heavier beige mixed with marble dust. Still a long way from finished, but I feel I have a beginning. A long running beginning, lol! But a beginning never the less 😊
I think it’ll be fun adding drops of water to a bit of acrylic for some glazes soon! Anyone have any suggestions? I never did glazes all the years I did acrylics in the 80s, all I did was glob paint with fun, lol! But glazes seem like they might be fun too 😊 Dick Blick had a cyber Monday special for a glass jar and an eye dropper for just over 2 bucks so I ordered one. I can I’ll be able to choose to pour or drip 😏 Or maybe the deal was really the shipping vs their usual discounted price. Either way, a good deal! Also read in several places best to use filtered water (if not using medium) otherwise impurities could (would?) mess with the binding quality of the paint!
I tried to photo a close-up of the top right flower but didn’t come out well as I’d liked. Still, you can better see the center texture and petal edges. One of the things I don’t like ‘bout the image is the way the canvas texture is magnified through the paint. It hasn’t seemed to look that way all this time in “real” life, lol! Tomorrow I’ll try and take a good look while it’s still sunny outside; this was shot w/indoor light only after sun’d gone down. Ahhh, the challenges of art 😊
And speaking of photo’ing my art, my recent Reblog, Photography for Painting, a newsletter tip via artist-teacher Dianne Mize, handling a different aspect of using photography along w/one’s painting work, is also up! ❤️
Ship at Sea, oil in progress
Whole time I’ve worked on this piece, it was “un-named” – Monday I decided it was Ship at Sea. No bird, bouy, or site of land. All expansiveness and the ship. We’ll see what other tune-ups this will need 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 14, 2021 – The Unintended SculptureAttractive as it is – the modeled plastic cup/drink container – it was an accidental sculpture courtesy of our dishwasher, lol!
- April 13, 2021 – Moving in Our 70s During Covid – Removing Pictures from the WallsYesterday was a small but significant day in our move-prep days, I took down the remainder of our paintings and pictures from the walls.
- April 12, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Volleyball Setter Poster 2”It’s very neat to see my new visual design for Volleyball Setter hit the mark of most-seen last week at Fine Art America!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html