My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Afternoon Walk with Sheila
Wonderful blue sky today for my walk with Sheila ❤️
If you look real close, mid-point, between the white bow tie of a cloud and the scratchy tree tops, is a resting crescent moon 🌙 😊
Continuing Acrylic Painting Experiment
Monday I filled in the other blooms’ petals with white over the heavier beige mixed with marble dust. Still a long way from finished, but I feel I have a beginning. A long running beginning, lol! But a beginning never the less 😊
I think it’ll be fun adding drops of water to a bit of acrylic for some glazes soon! Anyone have any suggestions? I never did glazes all the years I did acrylics in the 80s, all I did was glob paint with fun, lol! But glazes seem like they might be fun too 😊 Dick Blick had a cyber Monday special for a glass jar and an eye dropper for just over 2 bucks so I ordered one. I can I’ll be able to choose to pour or drip 😏 Or maybe the deal was really the shipping vs their usual discounted price. Either way, a good deal! Also read in several places best to use filtered water (if not using medium) otherwise impurities could (would?) mess with the binding quality of the paint!
I tried to photo a close-up of the top right flower but didn’t come out well as I’d liked. Still, you can better see the center texture and petal edges. One of the things I don’t like ‘bout the image is the way the canvas texture is magnified through the paint. It hasn’t seemed to look that way all this time in “real” life, lol! Tomorrow I’ll try and take a good look while it’s still sunny outside; this was shot w/indoor light only after sun’d gone down. Ahhh, the challenges of art 😊
And speaking of photo’ing my art, my recent Reblog, Photography for Painting, a newsletter tip via artist-teacher Dianne Mize, handling a different aspect of using photography along w/one’s painting work, is also up! ❤️
Ship at Sea, oil in progress
Whole time I’ve worked on this piece, it was “un-named” – Monday I decided it was Ship at Sea. No bird, bouy, or site of land. All expansiveness and the ship. We’ll see what other tune-ups this will need 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 03, 2021 – I Am Tired, But I Am Happy; I’ve Been Painting, A Lot!The above pic contrasts below with this earlier pic shot shot in November —
- December 02, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 2, Major ShiftThe large blue area (which I loved) had to be muted (or change the other orange/red areas). Blue bottom areas were also muted. The white/yellow glaze over the blue area tinting it into green. But, do I want to do more? Do I need to do more?
- December 01, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 1, a BeginningA funny thing happened on my way to my newest attempt to correctly ( ie, satisfyingly ) extrapolate a detail shot ( variations of which I’m calling, “Approach” ) of one of my paintings (Autumn Passage) — — during the 2nd lay-in, after applying Light Molding Paste over the canvas, I ended up, when I’d see it from a distance, ie through a door from another room, very much liking its basic look; enough so I decided to try and enhance the current stage of the painting, yet, keep it’s basic minimalism intact 😊
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
- November 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Heart FragmentIf it was an amazing process to see older photos and artwork show up on my most viewed list last week (and it was 😊) then this batch is incredible! Work from so many years have shown up, and such a variety! It tells me, one can never quite tell what folks might be looking for day to day, week to week, and it’s nice for me to have the inventory assortment, “almost” a historical diary, of my work
- November 27, 2021 – LOL! I Don’t Like It, But I WANT It! : Preparing More Paintings and Applications for Places to Show and Sell!!I squashed together what I could to show a “fair” sampling of my work recently finished or in-progress right now. There’s more, tucked here and there among these, lol! And on another wall! I choose to consider that a good problem 😊 Seeing these together like tis, If I had to choose one thing tying them all together – the impressionist skews, the abstracted slants, the washes, the thick tones, the high key and (nearly) BW work – I’d say it’s….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html