My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Afternoon Walk with Sheila
Wonderful blue sky today for my walk with Sheila ❤️
If you look real close, mid-point, between the white bow tie of a cloud and the scratchy tree tops, is a resting crescent moon 🌙 😊
Continuing Acrylic Painting Experiment
Monday I filled in the other blooms’ petals with white over the heavier beige mixed with marble dust. Still a long way from finished, but I feel I have a beginning. A long running beginning, lol! But a beginning never the less 😊
I think it’ll be fun adding drops of water to a bit of acrylic for some glazes soon! Anyone have any suggestions? I never did glazes all the years I did acrylics in the 80s, all I did was glob paint with fun, lol! But glazes seem like they might be fun too 😊 Dick Blick had a cyber Monday special for a glass jar and an eye dropper for just over 2 bucks so I ordered one. I can I’ll be able to choose to pour or drip 😏 Or maybe the deal was really the shipping vs their usual discounted price. Either way, a good deal! Also read in several places best to use filtered water (if not using medium) otherwise impurities could (would?) mess with the binding quality of the paint!
I tried to photo a close-up of the top right flower but didn’t come out well as I’d liked. Still, you can better see the center texture and petal edges. One of the things I don’t like ‘bout the image is the way the canvas texture is magnified through the paint. It hasn’t seemed to look that way all this time in “real” life, lol! Tomorrow I’ll try and take a good look while it’s still sunny outside; this was shot w/indoor light only after sun’d gone down. Ahhh, the challenges of art 😊
And speaking of photo’ing my art, my recent Reblog, Photography for Painting, a newsletter tip via artist-teacher Dianne Mize, handling a different aspect of using photography along w/one’s painting work, is also up! ❤️
Ship at Sea, oil in progress
Whole time I’ve worked on this piece, it was “un-named” – Monday I decided it was Ship at Sea. No bird, bouy, or site of land. All expansiveness and the ship. We’ll see what other tune-ups this will need 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 21, 2022 – Sheila & I Are Attending 2 Gallery Openings Today! #PrimalGalleryDS #AustinArtSpaceSheila and I are off to a busy fun art-openings day that include some of my art at two local galleries today – AVAA’s Austin Art Space, and Primal Gallery in nearby Dripping Springs!
- May 20, 2022 – Will My New #Austin #Photography Poster, Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Join My Austin Pink Sunset Photo and Lou Neff Digital Art Poster in Sales?The question itself, whether Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt will match or join my currently selling best prints, is a question more of hope and companionship for my image of a truly usually bright spot in Austin, the system of greenbelts preserving the water that makes living here even possible ❤️
- May 19, 2022 – Hardest / Best Part of My Strength Class Recently – Releasing Myself a SmileIt’s nearing 8pm and I’m trying to apply an exercise lesson our online SilverSneakers instructor, Michelle, brought up a few times today – smile 😊
- May 18, 2022 – Places In or Near Austin Texas You Can See and Buy My Prints ( Art and Photography ) #PrimalGallery #OldBakery&EmporiumPrints have consistently out-sold my originals if for no other reasons than they are less expensive and usually have more items to choose from. Not bad reasons at all 😊 What I want to do now though is, begin to –
- May 17, 2022 – I Have a Lot of Happenings ( art & personal ) This Week, But Still Finding Moments To Start a New Painting : Morning’s PromiseIt’s nice to dance the surface of my canvas as needed. And able ☺️ And right now, a light step, at an easy pace, may give me the time – and energy – to get more than a handful of other needed things also done this week. Not a bad compromise. For now 😊
- May 16, 2022 – New Diptych : “Freedom” Almost Finished, Panels Need Signing ( front & back )And what I’ve come across figuring out how to make prints of this that folks can work with, ie, close to or within standard size dimensions, was how to get a 22×28 image convert into – in 2 examples – an 8×10 or 12×18, and I came up with this as a starting prototype….
- May 15, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Spring Rising”I’d done a lot of deep or darker night-like paintings for a bit, so it felt pretty nice to lighten up my palette for awhile. Working back & forth, from the two approaches – playing the potential good from both approaches seems to suit my Libra middle, lol!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html