My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Afternoon Walk with Sheila
Wonderful blue sky today for my walk with Sheila ❤️
If you look real close, mid-point, between the white bow tie of a cloud and the scratchy tree tops, is a resting crescent moon 🌙 😊
Continuing Acrylic Painting Experiment
Monday I filled in the other blooms’ petals with white over the heavier beige mixed with marble dust. Still a long way from finished, but I feel I have a beginning. A long running beginning, lol! But a beginning never the less 😊
I think it’ll be fun adding drops of water to a bit of acrylic for some glazes soon! Anyone have any suggestions? I never did glazes all the years I did acrylics in the 80s, all I did was glob paint with fun, lol! But glazes seem like they might be fun too 😊 Dick Blick had a cyber Monday special for a glass jar and an eye dropper for just over 2 bucks so I ordered one. I can I’ll be able to choose to pour or drip 😏 Or maybe the deal was really the shipping vs their usual discounted price. Either way, a good deal! Also read in several places best to use filtered water (if not using medium) otherwise impurities could (would?) mess with the binding quality of the paint!
I tried to photo a close-up of the top right flower but didn’t come out well as I’d liked. Still, you can better see the center texture and petal edges. One of the things I don’t like ‘bout the image is the way the canvas texture is magnified through the paint. It hasn’t seemed to look that way all this time in “real” life, lol! Tomorrow I’ll try and take a good look while it’s still sunny outside; this was shot w/indoor light only after sun’d gone down. Ahhh, the challenges of art 😊
And speaking of photo’ing my art, my recent Reblog, Photography for Painting, a newsletter tip via artist-teacher Dianne Mize, handling a different aspect of using photography along w/one’s painting work, is also up! ❤️
Ship at Sea, oil in progress
Whole time I’ve worked on this piece, it was “un-named” – Monday I decided it was Ship at Sea. No bird, bouy, or site of land. All expansiveness and the ship. We’ll see what other tune-ups this will need 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Neuroscience Says Listening to This Song Reduces Anxiety by Up to 65 Percent | Inc.com by Melanie CurtinThe group that created "Weightless", Marconi Union, did so in collaboration with sound therapists. Its carefully arranged harmonies, rhythms, and bass lines help slow a listener's heart rate, reduce blood pressure and lower levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 13-14, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 13-14, 2019 – Trip to Houston: Christmas Lights, My Mom
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 12, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 12, 2019 – Grandchildren & grandparents ❤️ My artist process – old starts becoming new paintings 👩🎤
- Pursuit of Perfection in the Arts by David J. Rogers“The virtuoso performance is the single most exciting and popular feature not only of drama but of any art, and the most thrilling feature of a virtuoso performance is not the possibility that the artist may fail. Rather, it is the spectacle of succeeding in an extraordinary way…”
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 11, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 11, 2019 – Creativity: My artist process / comparison 2003 vs 2019 – is it that much different?
- My Yesterday in Pictures for, Dec 10, 2019 😊My Yesterday in Pictures – Dec 10, 2019 – Varnishing, glazing, and delivery two paintings to Buda Mercantile Co., Buda Tx 😊
- Glazing with Acrylics, Oils and Watercolors / Just Paint via Stacy Brock & Golden Artist ColorsThe word “glaze” can have a very slightly different meaning whether you are painting with oils, acrylics or watercolor. In all three media, a glaze is a translucent layer of color applied on top of a base of other colors or an underpainting.
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html