My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Afternoon Walk with Sheila
Wonderful blue sky today for my walk with Sheila ❤️
If you look real close, mid-point, between the white bow tie of a cloud and the scratchy tree tops, is a resting crescent moon 🌙 😊
Continuing Acrylic Painting Experiment
Monday I filled in the other blooms’ petals with white over the heavier beige mixed with marble dust. Still a long way from finished, but I feel I have a beginning. A long running beginning, lol! But a beginning never the less 😊
I think it’ll be fun adding drops of water to a bit of acrylic for some glazes soon! Anyone have any suggestions? I never did glazes all the years I did acrylics in the 80s, all I did was glob paint with fun, lol! But glazes seem like they might be fun too 😊 Dick Blick had a cyber Monday special for a glass jar and an eye dropper for just over 2 bucks so I ordered one. I can I’ll be able to choose to pour or drip 😏 Or maybe the deal was really the shipping vs their usual discounted price. Either way, a good deal! Also read in several places best to use filtered water (if not using medium) otherwise impurities could (would?) mess with the binding quality of the paint!
I tried to photo a close-up of the top right flower but didn’t come out well as I’d liked. Still, you can better see the center texture and petal edges. One of the things I don’t like ‘bout the image is the way the canvas texture is magnified through the paint. It hasn’t seemed to look that way all this time in “real” life, lol! Tomorrow I’ll try and take a good look while it’s still sunny outside; this was shot w/indoor light only after sun’d gone down. Ahhh, the challenges of art 😊
And speaking of photo’ing my art, my recent Reblog, Photography for Painting, a newsletter tip via artist-teacher Dianne Mize, handling a different aspect of using photography along w/one’s painting work, is also up! ❤️
Ship at Sea, oil in progress
Whole time I’ve worked on this piece, it was “un-named” – Monday I decided it was Ship at Sea. No bird, bouy, or site of land. All expansiveness and the ship. We’ll see what other tune-ups this will need 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 04, 2021 – The Resurgence of COVID-19There’s few times life or death issues are so widespread they not only engulf those close to us, but nearly everyone one hears about – this is one of those times…KVUE news, whose images I’m using for this post, has an article title, “‘The choice now becomes vaccination or ventilator.’ 230 unvaccinated people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Austin in 2 weeks, versus 47 vaccinated.”
- August 03, 2021 – Working a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, Refining the Figure, Developing the BackgroundI wanted to do more on this but things are happening re Covid, in my life. I’ll have more on this very soon – nothing w/me or family here in Austin (despite horrid #s lately), but nearby, also here in Texas. Wonderful how fluid and flexible art is, giving us challenges one day, inspiration on another, and solace even when needed.
- August 02, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the Water, 1st Figure Lay-inI included my most recent updated image from a post a few days ago further below. Besides the figure work (not yet complete), you can see where I continued to rework the area around the figure, setting her off more completely.
- August 01, 2021 – Some Interruptions in Life are BlessingsJust back from an incredible trip to the Galapagos west of Ecuador, wife & I got the opportunity to have the youngest grandchild over. This is from our mid-morning walk in warm dappled light ❤️ I only wish I’d realized the value of this with our own children more fully…
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html