Listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd (Simple Man, Free Bird), Bruce Springsteen (Dancing in the Dark, Hungry Heart, I’m Goin’ Down, I’m on Fire), Adele (Someone Like You, Lovesong, Set Fire to the Rain)
My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Temperature in Austin & Paris – the Same, lol!
Granted, though these were the same temps for both places at the same-sorta time (8:23/8:24), one’s pm (Paris) & one am (Austin) 😊
But still, how often’s that gonna happen! That got me wanting to use a pic, but was wondering what was the date, so I searched my photo library of Paris pics from late 2012, but without much luck finding the exact shot —
It turned out my recent list of updated blog posts included this one pic (above) from Paris in Luxembourg Gardens. That prompted me to find the original of the above (Nov 28, 2012) then saw several others I liked, including one of both me and Sheila. I hope to do a special post of that soon once I format the various images. All that from a chance spotting of the same temp, same time (sorta) here (Austin) as in Paris! Pretty neat! 😊
Here’s a sneak peek ☺️
Yep, it was cold, cold and beautiful!
I do remember too, though (to be fair to Austin) it stayed about 42 that day in Paris, and in Luxembourg Gardens. Here, in Austin, temps that started in the 30s, rose past that 42, then settled low-70s bright clear cool and also beautiful! ❤️
Acrylic Painting Experiment w/Image, Floating Blooms
The day before’s My Yesterday in Pictures had, I felt a too-late in the day, low light photo capture of my then current stage of acrylic painting development from my photo of Floating Blooms, so this morning I saw the light sat warmly, more calmly, on the canvas!
I forced myself to not let the moment go, went and found my phone, and took two quick shots. Though not accurate like to the in-person eye, a much better look at where I was I think 😊
The day passed doing chores, knowing today (Wednesday) I have, for all practical purposes, a nearly all day of driving into and back from downtown and the bulk of the day at the Old Bakery & Emporium. We’re taking in over 50 fellow artists’ work (150+ pieces) for the December gallery show at the Bakery! Yeah, I’ll be taking some energy bars, lol! Hopefully I’ll think to take some pics and post them in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures!
Then with about an hour of light left, I scooted onto my painting space in my art room and painted ❤️ The image immediately below is an ok but dark representation near end of my session —
I was gonna simply delete it and just use the next shot, which was better & I’d adjusted the exposure setting before clicking the shutter. Then thought they’d make a good comparison. Reminded me of Dianne Mize’s Photography for Painting reblog post I’d done. Not exactly what she was talking about, but along the same thread – using photography more completely to reach into the shadows and see what’s there. ‘Cept in this case I’m showing more of what’s in the shadow of the painting itself (see below).
Here again, not perfect, but much closer to what I saw last light of day – warmer tones hinting from the darkness – the floating blooms proof of what’s possible. Now, I really have the tough job before me, keeping the background intact, and doing the flowers justice. I did add, between the dark shot above this capture and this last capture itself, tiny beginning of the centers of the central and left side flowers with touches of the burnt sienna-water-marble dust mix I used into the black and over the top right corner.
Always did like burnt sienna 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 19, 2020 – Turning 70 in One Month Yet Feeling Like 16 Still Stuck in Time – But, This Time I Get to Vote“I remember distinctly hearing this song many places many times through several years while in high school, but especially early on.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.4“… he felt his body resting upon the bed.”
- Aging Gracefully During Covid-19 : The Seasons – and Hopefully The Times – Are A Changin’“Doubts about whether 70 would actually be that major a marker for me, in terms of how hard and how far to push myself, held me back from developing thIs post though, until today!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.3“Crying for movement, his body ached for down time from the active stillness of painting.”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 15 – Yoga Creativity and Awareness, Digital Art circa 2016“I’d very much begun to think ‘digital’ was the way for me to go by this time in early 2016, but I’d both begun to see my technical limitations and feel a growing reluctance within myself to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.3.2“Arturo began to search for an emerging wholeness in the images.“
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Laurie @retsebez“Laurie’s tweets are something I’ve only recently found myself looking for more of….”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html