Listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd (Simple Man, Free Bird), Bruce Springsteen (Dancing in the Dark, Hungry Heart, I’m Goin’ Down, I’m on Fire), Adele (Someone Like You, Lovesong, Set Fire to the Rain)
My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Temperature in Austin & Paris – the Same, lol!
Granted, though these were the same temps for both places at the same-sorta time (8:23/8:24), one’s pm (Paris) & one am (Austin) 😊
But still, how often’s that gonna happen! That got me wanting to use a pic, but was wondering what was the date, so I searched my photo library of Paris pics from late 2012, but without much luck finding the exact shot —
It turned out my recent list of updated blog posts included this one pic (above) from Paris in Luxembourg Gardens. That prompted me to find the original of the above (Nov 28, 2012) then saw several others I liked, including one of both me and Sheila. I hope to do a special post of that soon once I format the various images. All that from a chance spotting of the same temp, same time (sorta) here (Austin) as in Paris! Pretty neat! 😊
Here’s a sneak peek ☺️
Yep, it was cold, cold and beautiful!
I do remember too, though (to be fair to Austin) it stayed about 42 that day in Paris, and in Luxembourg Gardens. Here, in Austin, temps that started in the 30s, rose past that 42, then settled low-70s bright clear cool and also beautiful! ❤️
Acrylic Painting Experiment w/Image, Floating Blooms
The day before’s My Yesterday in Pictures had, I felt a too-late in the day, low light photo capture of my then current stage of acrylic painting development from my photo of Floating Blooms, so this morning I saw the light sat warmly, more calmly, on the canvas!
I forced myself to not let the moment go, went and found my phone, and took two quick shots. Though not accurate like to the in-person eye, a much better look at where I was I think 😊
The day passed doing chores, knowing today (Wednesday) I have, for all practical purposes, a nearly all day of driving into and back from downtown and the bulk of the day at the Old Bakery & Emporium. We’re taking in over 50 fellow artists’ work (150+ pieces) for the December gallery show at the Bakery! Yeah, I’ll be taking some energy bars, lol! Hopefully I’ll think to take some pics and post them in tomorrow’s My Yesterday in Pictures!
Then with about an hour of light left, I scooted onto my painting space in my art room and painted ❤️ The image immediately below is an ok but dark representation near end of my session —
I was gonna simply delete it and just use the next shot, which was better & I’d adjusted the exposure setting before clicking the shutter. Then thought they’d make a good comparison. Reminded me of Dianne Mize’s Photography for Painting reblog post I’d done. Not exactly what she was talking about, but along the same thread – using photography more completely to reach into the shadows and see what’s there. ‘Cept in this case I’m showing more of what’s in the shadow of the painting itself (see below).
Here again, not perfect, but much closer to what I saw last light of day – warmer tones hinting from the darkness – the floating blooms proof of what’s possible. Now, I really have the tough job before me, keeping the background intact, and doing the flowers justice. I did add, between the dark shot above this capture and this last capture itself, tiny beginning of the centers of the central and left side flowers with touches of the burnt sienna-water-marble dust mix I used into the black and over the top right corner.
Always did like burnt sienna 😊
My Photography & Art Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html