My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Floating Blooms, closeup detail, art in-progress
Friday, one of the fullest and busiest and most tiring days in a very long time, and that covers a lot of days, was also a very good day. Just packed! 😊
Thankfully, the day rose bright if cool and breezy. With the soft morning sun shining through the art room’s windows, I took a much better image of my in-progress acrylic, Floating Blooms. I wanted to be able to show the depth of colors in the darkened areas behind the blooms and think this gives a pretty good representation.
After, I worked on the petals of all three, but more so the middle and right, but only because I ran out of time. If I was going to walk before all the following chores and good things to do, it had to be right then 😊
Morning Walk in Austin
From daybreak, the sun shone strongly but smoothly. A waltz, more than a rumba, lol!
After painting the little bit I did after capturing the background detail above, I went on my mid-morning walk. Shadows were clear cut from where the sun smiled. The air was cool, the breeze soft and southerly. It was obvious it was going to be one of the rarer nicer days. Good for being out taking care of chores and, later, picking up the 6 year old from school.
Delivering Art to Orange Coworking for Creative Arts Society show
Creative Arts Society has quite a spectrum of venues, and Orange Coworking is nearby and unusual but promising, a large co-working office space immediately the the HEB nearest us. Art had already been arriving when I showed, and my framed limited edition print of Three Cups joined the group 😊
There’s lots of meeting places and good lighting. Notice the shadow silhouettes of us waving to the wall, lol! It’ll be interesting to see how this works out. I’m always hopeful ❤️
Detour at Zilker Botanical Gardens
After delivering my art and stopping next door at HEB for a few things, we had lunch then picked up Max at school for a sleep over. But first we had a couple of detours. Since his school let out a bit before the reception that evening at the Old Bakery, we skipped over to Zilker Botanical Gardens. It and Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center are the crown garden jewels of Austin. Above, Max is at one of the ponds in the Oriental section. Even in near-winter, the gardens are superb ❤️
Around and down a path and as we neared the dinosaur section, this gem of colors and architecture greeted us. The last of the light was signaling us it was time to head into downtown for the art reception!
Festive, filled with both people and tons of goodies brought by all the participating artists (us too! 😊), it was another grand occasion where Max got to see my work, we got to see friends we hadn’t seen for awhile, some for years. By evening’s end it was dark and we slowly made our way home, watching long lines of headlights heading into town for another Friday night. We were glad to call it a day. A very good day 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
Painting Instruction Videos https://amzn.to/2ZNgxfi
Painting Instruction Prime Video https://amzn.to/35oeMq2
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.7.2“In July he began cutting mats and foam board for the prints, planning and finishing small works easier to sell, and securing a December booth at a nearby regional mall.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.7.1“One more Christmas season rolled past them, as the spent the holidays visiting their children or having them back home for festive meals and teasing each other about their varied plans.“
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 16 – Creativity and Awareness in Yoga, Uploaded 04.11.16“My previous post in this series of my uploads to Fine Art America since early 2016, was also a strongly developed digital creation, but Creativity and Awareness in Yoga was the last of works I developed with as much interlacing of images and dimensions.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.6.1“They sat side by side in the booth, talking about their family, the weather….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.5.1“Much like art, Arturo thought to himself, walking up the stone-touched step way to a nearby church where they taught other seniors, yes, produce from the heart….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Tina @Tina69911364 #LyricLandscape“Tina’s sharing of impressionist painter Richard Schmid’s image, plus Patricia Hampl’s evocative words, strikes a deep chord in me.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.4.1“Their exhausted satisfaction with their day at the art festival, left Rosetta and Arturo surprisingly wanting, needing, their own personal exhaustion, with each other.“
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html