My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
So these are actually Friday’s “long day” of seemingly countless steps, lol! 😂 I list them here for Saturday because of their bleed-over effect of tiredness today, though today was another long day of things, mostly good, to do and be done 😊
As you can see from above, Friday I ended up with over 11,000 steps. Not huge back in mid Spring in the spring of my steps, so to speak 😊 but BIG even now, several months after my 2 surgeries. Today, Saturday, it’s 8:30 pm & my Garmin tracker says I’m clocked in at just over 9000 steps.
If I maintain, as I did other than a few days a week or so ago, at and over 7500 (usually 8000) steps, then I’ll be back where I was mid to late spring in terms of my next fitness goal: returning to more classes and/or self-paced yoga & strength routines at home.
These are good on their own of course, but the other “thing” about my health I’ve never had much reason to mention is, ‘cause of my mild but double scoliosis, and the herniated discs in my spine (top to bottom, mild to severe), I can’t have “work” done on my spine. Neuro docs say no one piece of my spine can be replaced singularly. The rest of my spine’s not strong enough to support a rod anywhere along it’s length. It’d have to be all or none, if and when necessary. Best hope? Stem cell developments before it won’t matter for me anymore, lol! And, meanwhile, keep my muscular strong enough to hold my spine well enough so’s to not create nerve pain (local and/or radiating).
So I have lots of incentive to keep walking ❤️
Painting’s InProgress, Acrylic & Oil
This oil painting has bedeviled me since spring when I did an initial abstract layin, and then worked from there to find what recognizable object to add to create a combo image of something familiar amid abstracted patterns.
It is finally developing into something I very much like, but am most “bedeviled” now by my inability to capture a true image of it digitally. The real thing, the actual painting, is much softer, less garish, and more soothing now. Oh well. As my regular readers probably know, I’ll be poking at the goal til I finally get something very close 😊
My acrylic work, getting nearer and nearer to feeling finished, look marvelous in the morning light, even digitally, lol! Because of the lower resolution I have my media files set to, this still doesn’t show the nuances unless I do patches of closeups, at least via my phone. My cannon compact is able to capture a lot more detail that somehow conveys. This isn’t always necessary with my photos, but via my paintings, it’s often necessary to get a really good representation.
Normally I would do a full report on the way I’m experiencing glazing between the two mediums, oil and acrylic. Especially their respective amazing usage-pluses. I can quickly say how pleasurable it is to be able to finally recognize and feel the advantages of both oils and acrylics, at least in terms of glazing, which I’d never done much of, usually preferring straight-from-the-tube paintings. It really is fun! 💕
Max’s Ninja Tests
This was actually several classes, including children of slightly older ages and ended up taking nearly four hours, ie, the whole afternoon, but was absolutely fascinating! The judging panel, from the folks there at Traditional Martial Arts Academy, was exceptionally astute and gently coaching of each child to points of self confidence to express themselves verbally, respectfully, and physically. It was a joy to experience. Max, above, seems to most assured among his parents and grandmother. I was taking pictures so I didn’t count, lol!
Also notice how sharp and nice my photo above is vs my captures of my paintings! My iPhone XR definitely excels capturing images of people ❤️
Though Max earned his next belt to acknowledge his dedication and self reliance development, I awarded myself next door at Hobby Lobby with a new mop brush (esp good now that I’m getting into glazes!). I had a 40% coupon but was told I couldn’t use it ‘cause it was on sale for 50% – yeah, I’ll take that 😊
Finally home, after 1st grocery shopping at Sprouts on the other side of Hobby Lobby nearby, it was already dark and getting chilly, but after our evening snack (I had Cabot white cheddar, a fresh bran muffin from Sprouts, plus shared a banana w/Sheila 😊) I took a short walk to get the mail and, well, walk, lol! The above shot is my cheater shot ‘cause I have some really nice sharp versions of this, but just felt like posting the soft looking version (slightly out of focus).
A combo nature-manmade Notan this time around! Good to see that happen 💕
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 10, 2021 – Volleyball Kill Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmerica5th of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Kill, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html