My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Another good day working on paintings 😊
Today, with the weather improving and getting two pictures wired for Sheila to take to Buda, a small town immediately south of Austin, I concentrated on walking and working on getting other canvases ready for “whatever” lol! 😊
Above is a small 8×10 oil circa bout 2004. Frame’s about the same age, could use a little touch up. It was already nice looking, and wasn’t sure it really needed varnishing, but that’d worked well enough so far, so I went ahead and varnished it and wallah! Freshened it up nicely! 😊
Ditto this little 8×10.
Varnishing the two pieces really brought back memories, worries I had then, 15/16 years ago. Was this too much paint in the trees? Was the look of the water too rough? Does that sky even come close? Well, maybe, no, yes, lol! Looking back, feeling the memories of those feelings, the actual strokes on the canvas with my paint – and now, looking at the same small painting, and seeing the feeling I’d felt then embedded on the tiny surface – I’d have to say not much of those technical concerns mattered that much.
They mattered, but not for the same reasons.
They mattered because they needed to capture what I felt gazing out at Lady Bird Lake from the southern shore along the then much more peaceful quite hike and bike trail.
They mattered because I remember going to Laguna Gloria and seeing the tiny almost toy-boat dock off behind the grove of trees leading from the stately museum and the art school‘s classrooms to the winding weave of the river west of where I’d stood on the hike and bike trail on a different day.
And they matter now when I look at the work below, started 15/16 years later, and stylistic changes aside, realizing I was again feeling the same type of questions: the wondering: wondering if the strokes were too this or that or not, wondering if the colors meshed between the intense and the soft.
Then remembered —
— this was the same eventual result : I was seeing on canvas my feelings at my tiny junction of an incredibly moving sunrise from darkest twilight to full break of day and it was all, all the minutes of that morning, all of it filled with this rolling changing light that swept from sleep to waking to rousing to then suddenly being awake. This was, the picture above, I realized, remembered, that particular moment..how it loooked..how it felt inside me….
And this little temporarily abandoned little piece from spring before the surgeries, was simply part of my experiments then, a throw-down, a toss colors across the weave of the canvas and let’s see if I can make something of it 😊
Well. Now it’s time to see.
How will it change? I don’t know yet. Is this the correct, ie, eventual canvas orientation? Will rotate, flip, become a transformer and fly away? No idea. Yet 😊
Thanks so much everyone! Take care, enjoy the full moon!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html