My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Another good day working on paintings 😊
Today, with the weather improving and getting two pictures wired for Sheila to take to Buda, a small town immediately south of Austin, I concentrated on walking and working on getting other canvases ready for “whatever” lol! 😊
Above is a small 8×10 oil circa bout 2004. Frame’s about the same age, could use a little touch up. It was already nice looking, and wasn’t sure it really needed varnishing, but that’d worked well enough so far, so I went ahead and varnished it and wallah! Freshened it up nicely! 😊
Ditto this little 8×10.
Varnishing the two pieces really brought back memories, worries I had then, 15/16 years ago. Was this too much paint in the trees? Was the look of the water too rough? Does that sky even come close? Well, maybe, no, yes, lol! Looking back, feeling the memories of those feelings, the actual strokes on the canvas with my paint – and now, looking at the same small painting, and seeing the feeling I’d felt then embedded on the tiny surface – I’d have to say not much of those technical concerns mattered that much.
They mattered, but not for the same reasons.
They mattered because they needed to capture what I felt gazing out at Lady Bird Lake from the southern shore along the then much more peaceful quite hike and bike trail.
They mattered because I remember going to Laguna Gloria and seeing the tiny almost toy-boat dock off behind the grove of trees leading from the stately museum and the art school‘s classrooms to the winding weave of the river west of where I’d stood on the hike and bike trail on a different day.
And they matter now when I look at the work below, started 15/16 years later, and stylistic changes aside, realizing I was again feeling the same type of questions: the wondering: wondering if the strokes were too this or that or not, wondering if the colors meshed between the intense and the soft.
Then remembered —
— this was the same eventual result : I was seeing on canvas my feelings at my tiny junction of an incredibly moving sunrise from darkest twilight to full break of day and it was all, all the minutes of that morning, all of it filled with this rolling changing light that swept from sleep to waking to rousing to then suddenly being awake. This was, the picture above, I realized, remembered, that particular moment..how it loooked..how it felt inside me….
And this little temporarily abandoned little piece from spring before the surgeries, was simply part of my experiments then, a throw-down, a toss colors across the weave of the canvas and let’s see if I can make something of it 😊
Well. Now it’s time to see.
How will it change? I don’t know yet. Is this the correct, ie, eventual canvas orientation? Will rotate, flip, become a transformer and fly away? No idea. Yet 😊
Thanks so much everyone! Take care, enjoy the full moon!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 31, 2021 – Prepping a New 16×20 Acrylic, Working Title : Testing the WaterThe initial goal was to simply select and mark the area for my figure. Then I freely applied Golden’s light molding paste, leaving the selected area for my figure much more level, and forming the paste into potentially vegetative designs as inspiration and malleable ground meshed —
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html