My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Christmas Lights in Houston Neighborhood 💥
We didn’t arrive to Houston til after dark so my oldest girl took us on a brief but beautiful tour of a nearby neighborhood’s Christmas array of lights 😊
Drivers were amazingly courteous and patient. We all wanted to see and just peacefully enjoy the display of lights and decorations —
Part of the beauty I think was the wonderful backdrop of trees all around, something about the parts of Houston I grew up around I often forget about after all these years in Austin.
I thought the Santa on the small terrace was a nice touch 😊
This is a short 12 second video as we circled the cul-de-sac for the round trip 😊
Saturday in Houston
New neighborhoods continue to sprout up in Houston the way high rises continue to, well, high rise, lol 😂 in Austin. Over congestion of either sort isn’t particularly good, but I really kinda prefer the neighborhoods. Texas cities, the big ones at least, seem to want to emulate the metro experiences of New York and Paris and such, but really, here in Texas, where one has to drive or pay a fortune for the convenience of a ride share? As my oldest granddaughter, who loves Austin (born & raised) says, “Why can’t I be able to just walk to a small shop and buy a baguette for a dollar?” (ala Paris or NY) Good question 😊
And finally, the reason for my trip to Houston, and where we spent the bulk of the day, visiting w/my mom. She’s been in the hospital w/pneumonia for almost a week, but is spunky and getting much better 💕
Here’s hoping everyone stays healthy! Am hoping to pick up my walking routine again today after in-the-car drives & sitting-visits last two days. But all very much worthwhile; very grateful I had such great company back & forth and of course in my old but sprawling-like-new hometown 😊
For more Christmas fun, see my Christmas Bazaar pics & video at Donn’s Depot art show 🎄
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
- September 15, 2021 – Birds at Pfluger Bridge Austin @FineArtAmericaBirds at Pfluger Bridge Austin is an 11×14 oil painting I finished a little over 3 years ago, but never wrote up about individually on my blog. I realized this was the case when I tried to find my WordPress image from an older blog post to include in my most recent post; about birds of course 😊 Why I hadn’t done a post, announcing when I’d uploaded it to Fine Art America is simply that I….
- September 14, 2021 – Playing with 4K Video to Grab Still ShotsNow that we’ve had our bird feeder up a few months at our new location, we’ve come across a wider variety of birds (and other critters) and’ve been working at grabbing shots of birds in motion I might could use for sketches and such 🦅
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html