My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Christmas Lights in Houston Neighborhood 💥
We didn’t arrive to Houston til after dark so my oldest girl took us on a brief but beautiful tour of a nearby neighborhood’s Christmas array of lights 😊
Drivers were amazingly courteous and patient. We all wanted to see and just peacefully enjoy the display of lights and decorations —
Part of the beauty I think was the wonderful backdrop of trees all around, something about the parts of Houston I grew up around I often forget about after all these years in Austin.
I thought the Santa on the small terrace was a nice touch 😊
This is a short 12 second video as we circled the cul-de-sac for the round trip 😊
Saturday in Houston
New neighborhoods continue to sprout up in Houston the way high rises continue to, well, high rise, lol 😂 in Austin. Over congestion of either sort isn’t particularly good, but I really kinda prefer the neighborhoods. Texas cities, the big ones at least, seem to want to emulate the metro experiences of New York and Paris and such, but really, here in Texas, where one has to drive or pay a fortune for the convenience of a ride share? As my oldest granddaughter, who loves Austin (born & raised) says, “Why can’t I be able to just walk to a small shop and buy a baguette for a dollar?” (ala Paris or NY) Good question 😊
And finally, the reason for my trip to Houston, and where we spent the bulk of the day, visiting w/my mom. She’s been in the hospital w/pneumonia for almost a week, but is spunky and getting much better 💕
Here’s hoping everyone stays healthy! Am hoping to pick up my walking routine again today after in-the-car drives & sitting-visits last two days. But all very much worthwhile; very grateful I had such great company back & forth and of course in my old but sprawling-like-new hometown 😊
For more Christmas fun, see my Christmas Bazaar pics & video at Donn’s Depot art show 🎄
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- 7 Expert Tricks To Improve Your Author Newsletter | David Gaughran“There is so much more you can do with author newsletter these days beyond simply telling your fans that you have a new book.”
- Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic – “We are mirrors…”
- On the Way to the Cantina by Tiffany Arp Daleo 😊“She often writes that she paints intuitively, from the heart, finding any suggestion of image within her process itself, an amazing feat I “sometimes” feel I pull off 😏 ”
- In the Egg # 2 by Francisco Bravo CabreraFrancisco is an exceptionally prolific artist, with work that ranges from lush to whimsical or elegant.
- Villa Ladera – Private Hillside Escape * Pura Vida in Costa Rica! ❤️“…absolutely gorgeous, with 3 bedrooms- all with their own huge bathroom and shower! The sparkling pool and the seating area is just perfect for grilling and hanging out. And the location??!! ITS a 1 MINUTE WALK TO THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH AND DOZENS OF WONDERFUL RESTAURANTS!”
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Golden’s Clear Tar Gel – Messy, Tricky, and Wonderful Results! 😊“I was “very” hesitant to try Clear Tar Gel out, but had gotten to a point with a small acrylic work where either I chunked it, or tried this. I just hadn’t been able to keep the look I created when wet, no matter how much glaze medium & such I used; mostly in regard … Read more
- Manet made the doodles in his letters look effortless … by using tracing paper | Art and design | The Guardian“of the illustrated letters: “They are always described as breezy, virtuosic and effortless, and dashed off in a moment. But what I discovered is that most of these things seem to have been traced from more searching and careful drawings.”
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html