My Yesterday in Pictures Format
I’ve simply built my daily walking & painting up to the point where I need the time for these two vital parts of keeping me healthy and/or sane, lol!
My Day Ahead series posts will continue, but on a much more intermittent basis. Already it seems some of that series’ usefulness is being incorporated into this new series’ format, me yakking ‘bout what when on, on the yesterday part of my life anyway, lol! It’s a continuing experiment of course, so we’ll see 😊
Christmas Lights in Houston Neighborhood 💥
We didn’t arrive to Houston til after dark so my oldest girl took us on a brief but beautiful tour of a nearby neighborhood’s Christmas array of lights 😊
Drivers were amazingly courteous and patient. We all wanted to see and just peacefully enjoy the display of lights and decorations —
Part of the beauty I think was the wonderful backdrop of trees all around, something about the parts of Houston I grew up around I often forget about after all these years in Austin.
I thought the Santa on the small terrace was a nice touch 😊
This is a short 12 second video as we circled the cul-de-sac for the round trip 😊
Saturday in Houston
New neighborhoods continue to sprout up in Houston the way high rises continue to, well, high rise, lol 😂 in Austin. Over congestion of either sort isn’t particularly good, but I really kinda prefer the neighborhoods. Texas cities, the big ones at least, seem to want to emulate the metro experiences of New York and Paris and such, but really, here in Texas, where one has to drive or pay a fortune for the convenience of a ride share? As my oldest granddaughter, who loves Austin (born & raised) says, “Why can’t I be able to just walk to a small shop and buy a baguette for a dollar?” (ala Paris or NY) Good question 😊
And finally, the reason for my trip to Houston, and where we spent the bulk of the day, visiting w/my mom. She’s been in the hospital w/pneumonia for almost a week, but is spunky and getting much better 💕
Here’s hoping everyone stays healthy! Am hoping to pick up my walking routine again today after in-the-car drives & sitting-visits last two days. But all very much worthwhile; very grateful I had such great company back & forth and of course in my old but sprawling-like-new hometown 😊
For more Christmas fun, see my Christmas Bazaar pics & video at Donn’s Depot art show 🎄
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products For This Post
You can also begin a new search from any image below 😊
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
- June 12, 2021 – City of Austin’s Bark Rangers at Barton Creek Greenbelt….workers and volunteers with the City of Austin’s Bark Rangers were out in gentle but firm force….
- June 11, 2021 – Volleyball Dink Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmerica#6 of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Dink, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
Thanks everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html