With today’s stability class via SilverSneakers at Gold’s Gym today, I would make going to the same class 4 weeks in a row since before time was being kept. Well, since before I was keeping time of that, lol! But maybe, I’d say, since early 2018 when I was going for a 7am seniors’ back class at the Y.
Stability class can be as accommodating or challenging as one is up for.
The 1st two weeks I went I opted to really challenge myself, and felt it, hard, esp in my legs at night, though not as much after the 2nd class as the 1st. Last week I chose to pace myself a tad more gently. Still felt it, but more constructively. Plus I’m seeing and feeling a slow but steady improvement in some of the more difficult stability moves. Today? We’ll see 😊
After, picking up some goodies at Randalls, including probably the nicest, fluffy-est, softness giant bagels we’ve found at any of our several fav stores we like to rotate through (yesterday picked up goodies at Central Market, Wednesday aiming for Sprouts). They’re so big Sheila and I split one in the evening as a snack. Well. For me it’s a snack. She puts liverwurst and cheese on hers. I like almond butter and blueberry spread 💕 😊
Another unseasonably beautiful day predicted to last all day again today. Yesterday (Sunday) sat out on the balcony and painted while Sheila sipped some wine 👩🎨 🍷
I hope to do that again today, maybe painting the sides of a couple of 6x6s that I might have to call finished; which also means I may finally be able to prepare a full post re the process of creating these 1st two of my acrylic wash paintings on absorbent ground – wish me luck! 🍀
Hope ya’ll’s day goes well today, regardless of weather 😊
Related Amazon Search & Products
I do like to point out I pick my selections to showcase from my Amazon searches. May not always be the case, or wholly always the case, but for now, I prefer picking titles and book covers and gift items that just really appeal to me. There’s lots more to choose from, but only have so much room, lol! I hope you enjoy —
My Related Blog Posts
My Latest Blog Posts
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 5 – Place Saint Michel Paris, Photography circa 2012From archival prints to yoga mats and coffee mugs, see it all here – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/place-saint-michel-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
- Painting Update – My Lost Edges and Masking Fluid Ideas 02.18.20This weekend, I reblogged two really interesting articles on the aesthetic or idea of employing lost edges, where the boundaries of given recognizable objects meld into the color space around it (side plane, background, etc). I’d already haphazardly begun working with the idea, wondering if I was off-base to even be considering it, when I … Read more
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
- 2nd Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 02.11.20“Over all I feel my realizations and near misses, design-wise, outweigh my mistakes and the very real possibility this will become a “conversation learning-piece” work vs anything I can call finished and available for sale. I’m hoping I’m wrong about that last part, and find a way to finish it 😊 Very briefly, these are … Read more
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolor (Flowering at Dawn)“I’ve been experimenting with absorbent ground on 6×6 inch canvases lately and this is probably #6 or 7 in the batch. Brush on isolation layers worked on all the previous pictures til I reached the first one with gouache, ruined it! So, if I was to continue to be able to do pieces like this … Read more
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Howard’s End” – Outstanding Beyond Expectation! – ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️“I’m still processing the details of why and how this particular production via Masterpiece has stuck with both myself and my wife so strongly. There was no doubt, by the end of Episode 1 (of 4), I very much wanted to watch this….”
Thanks so much everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html