Hi everyone! All the Austin weather folk have us boxed in with fog. Good thing Sheila & I took advantage of this past weekend’s unbelievably nice weather 😊 But the change in weather hasn’t slowed us down much, lol! Yesterday we hit Gold’s Gym for a SilverSneakers class, delivered a replacement art piece & picked up two at one of Creative Art Society’s Venues, Urban Hair, then made a quick low-traffic detour to Michael’s and picked up a watercolor kit and watercolor paper pad for the year year old. He seems to have a real affinity for the medium, as seen by the expression on his face, bottom of review ❤️
The afternoon I spent catching up on my various in-progress 6×6 watercolor acrylic wash experiments.
Some have been a disaster, so the good news is I can experiment even more freely with them 😊 This was esp true of an attempt to recreate watercolor effects just via acrylics on a black gesso’d surface. Not a pretty picture, lol!
I’m letting a new mix of Golden’s Soft Tar Gel & 20% water settle to release air bubbles then gonna pour it onto what I hope will be a satisfying solution to this one project. The masking tape “wall” is an idea I got via one of Nancy Reyner’s many acrylic posts. If successful, may mean more of these; we’ll see!
Among fiddling with about 5 6×6 projects, I also cut down foam board to mount 4 new 12×16 prints I hope to take to the Old Bakery & Emporium tomorrow (Wed). My aim is to set up and paint for the 1st time since early last year!
This’ll be Playtime’s and Mount Mansfield Sunrise’s first appearance at the Old Bakery 😊
But first, after our morning walk, so then first, lol! We hope to see Daniel Craig’s Knifed Out movie before lunch. It’ll also be our 1st going-out-to movie since 2018 when we took the then 4 year old to an animated film! It was so cold in the theatre we almost had to leave, so we’re taking our coats w/us, even though it’s warmed into the 60s, lol!
Finally, my goal, blog post wise, is still to get some semblance of a post on my various projects. I wanted to do one big post, but it’d be too big I think. So I’ll pick something to focus on. Hopefully 😏
Enjoy everyone! Thanks so much!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Painting Looser III: Chasing the Lost … and Found Edge via Caroline Buchanan Watercolors“Lost and found edges normally don’t just happen. You must plan. And you must use restraint. It is MUCH EASIER to complete an edge than to lose and find it.”
- The Power of Understatement (Lost Edges) via Dianne Mize Studio Feb 2020“In the 1960's I attended an art show in which hung a huge mural size painting showing as its content the total of three words: "Say Everything Completely". I rebelled against that message then and I bristle at it now. The reason is that in my work, a part of my personal aesthetic is understatement.”
- 2nd Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 02.11.20“Over all I feel my realizations and near misses, design-wise, outweigh my mistakes and the very real possibility this will become a “conversation learning-piece” work vs anything I can call finished and available for sale. I’m hoping I’m wrong about that last part, and find a way to finish it 😊 Very briefly, these are … Read more
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Spectrafix Non-Toxic Fixative Spray for Watercolor (Flowering at Dawn)“I’ve been experimenting with absorbent ground on 6×6 inch canvases lately and this is probably #6 or 7 in the batch. Brush on isolation layers worked on all the previous pictures til I reached the first one with gouache, ruined it! So, if I was to continue to be able to do pieces like this … Read more
- Adan’s Movie/Cable TV Reviews – “Howard’s End” – Outstanding Beyond Expectation! – ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️“I’m still processing the details of why and how this particular production via Masterpiece has stuck with both myself and my wife so strongly. There was no doubt, by the end of Episode 1 (of 4), I very much wanted to watch this….”
- Ridges of Spring Light – New 6×6 Watercolor Acrylic Upload on Fine Art America“It was my 2nd almost literally stab at slipping watercolor onto one of my new absorbent ground 6×6 inch canvases. My 1st try, Bird’s Eye View (now sold), was more cautious, although that’s relatively speaking, lol!”
- 40th Anniversary of Meeting, And Still Wondering What We’ll Do Next 💕“Today Sheila and I celebrate 40 years since the day we first met, sneaking glances at each other (though I think I was the more blatant 😊 ) at the start of a two week 8-5 training for new jobs we had with the state ❤️ ”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html