Hi everyone! All the Austin weather folk have us boxed in with fog. Good thing Sheila & I took advantage of this past weekend’s unbelievably nice weather 😊 But the change in weather hasn’t slowed us down much, lol! Yesterday we hit Gold’s Gym for a SilverSneakers class, delivered a replacement art piece & picked up two at one of Creative Art Society’s Venues, Urban Hair, then made a quick low-traffic detour to Michael’s and picked up a watercolor kit and watercolor paper pad for the year year old. He seems to have a real affinity for the medium, as seen by the expression on his face, bottom of review ❤️
The afternoon I spent catching up on my various in-progress 6×6 watercolor acrylic wash experiments.
Some have been a disaster, so the good news is I can experiment even more freely with them 😊 This was esp true of an attempt to recreate watercolor effects just via acrylics on a black gesso’d surface. Not a pretty picture, lol!
I’m letting a new mix of Golden’s Soft Tar Gel & 20% water settle to release air bubbles then gonna pour it onto what I hope will be a satisfying solution to this one project. The masking tape “wall” is an idea I got via one of Nancy Reyner’s many acrylic posts. If successful, may mean more of these; we’ll see!
Among fiddling with about 5 6×6 projects, I also cut down foam board to mount 4 new 12×16 prints I hope to take to the Old Bakery & Emporium tomorrow (Wed). My aim is to set up and paint for the 1st time since early last year!
This’ll be Playtime’s and Mount Mansfield Sunrise’s first appearance at the Old Bakery 😊
But first, after our morning walk, so then first, lol! We hope to see Daniel Craig’s Knifed Out movie before lunch. It’ll also be our 1st going-out-to movie since 2018 when we took the then 4 year old to an animated film! It was so cold in the theatre we almost had to leave, so we’re taking our coats w/us, even though it’s warmed into the 60s, lol!
Finally, my goal, blog post wise, is still to get some semblance of a post on my various projects. I wanted to do one big post, but it’d be too big I think. So I’ll pick something to focus on. Hopefully 😏
Enjoy everyone! Thanks so much!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- September 22, 2021 – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1, #Watercolor on Paper; 1st Paint Lay-in with Masking FluidAt 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, I was able to use my brushes fairly effectively where I wanted them, and applied some Turner masking fluid (with a thin palette knife) “fairly” easy. And yes, some foot proportions are off a bit, lol, and her back blouse almost looks like it’s the front, but all in not too bad toward my primary priority – quickly achieve some degree of dappling look. Once the masking fluid comes off though, it could be very different….
- September 21, 2021 – Initial Review of “Breath: The New Science of a Lost Art” by James NestorI’d been doing a day to day posting of a continuing study-sketch project with figures in a watercolor landscape and ran into a time roadblock – grandchild, groceries, fitness (walking, yoga, Essentrics), picking up line art to practice-paint at my printer, etc 😊 and wasn’t able to wiggle any more time to work on that project and write about it, so… I took a deep breath and picked up a book (virtually, via my Kindle Reader, lol!) The editorial reviews often mentioned this read like a novel & my intro and beginning pages already confirm that.
- September 20, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” Still Not Done, But, Already a Learning Tool For Me!“Learning Tool for Me” is part of my blog title today simply ’cause I’ve looking at this post as specifically geared to get me where I wanna go – keeping in mind my destination is a generalized abstraction of image / feeling / and intuitive aspiration (hopefully including figurative work) & it’s reached a point of development over my previous renditions that I now need to put my resolve into concrete, hopefully creative, useful thoughts for my future directions. Lot of contradictions. Like life. Like me 😊 Here goes (for now) —
- September 19, 2021 – Dappled Light, “Figures in a Landscape Study” ContinuedJust a quick post updating yesterday’s release showing what I’ve changed/added on to a watercolor on paper I’d 1st posted about on Sept 7th…A bigger factor in today’s image update is the addition of more “white”.
- September 18, 2021 – Dapple Light, My Creative Conundrum and CaldronMy regular readers know I’ve been more and more attracted to the idea of being able to paint dappled light, consciously, and hopefully, eventually more spontaneously. I titled my post to include both “conundrum” – which I kept misspelling til I looked it up 😊 – and “caldron” – which I keep feeling my creative heart and mind are swimming in (over their heads) lol!
- September 17, 2021 – New Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, “Fantasy Walk” : Watercolor on Canvas on Light Molding Paste, #ContemporaryImpressionismSome times, some days, the little things, like the big things, if they are good and hopeful, then they are helpful.
- September 16, 2021 – Reblog(s) : Graham McQuade, Benchmarks 1 & 2 (Acrylic Painting) #figureartThis necessarily (on my part) a short post due to some time constraints, although I should add, Graham’s posts will be a quick read. They’re short, tight with information. What will take a little time, if you notice the time 😊 is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html