Hi everyone! All the Austin weather folk have us boxed in with fog. Good thing Sheila & I took advantage of this past weekend’s unbelievably nice weather 😊 But the change in weather hasn’t slowed us down much, lol! Yesterday we hit Gold’s Gym for a SilverSneakers class, delivered a replacement art piece & picked up two at one of Creative Art Society’s Venues, Urban Hair, then made a quick low-traffic detour to Michael’s and picked up a watercolor kit and watercolor paper pad for the year year old. He seems to have a real affinity for the medium, as seen by the expression on his face, bottom of review ❤️
The afternoon I spent catching up on my various in-progress 6×6 watercolor acrylic wash experiments.
Some have been a disaster, so the good news is I can experiment even more freely with them 😊 This was esp true of an attempt to recreate watercolor effects just via acrylics on a black gesso’d surface. Not a pretty picture, lol!
I’m letting a new mix of Golden’s Soft Tar Gel & 20% water settle to release air bubbles then gonna pour it onto what I hope will be a satisfying solution to this one project. The masking tape “wall” is an idea I got via one of Nancy Reyner’s many acrylic posts. If successful, may mean more of these; we’ll see!
Among fiddling with about 5 6×6 projects, I also cut down foam board to mount 4 new 12×16 prints I hope to take to the Old Bakery & Emporium tomorrow (Wed). My aim is to set up and paint for the 1st time since early last year!
This’ll be Playtime’s and Mount Mansfield Sunrise’s first appearance at the Old Bakery 😊
But first, after our morning walk, so then first, lol! We hope to see Daniel Craig’s Knifed Out movie before lunch. It’ll also be our 1st going-out-to movie since 2018 when we took the then 4 year old to an animated film! It was so cold in the theatre we almost had to leave, so we’re taking our coats w/us, even though it’s warmed into the 60s, lol!
Finally, my goal, blog post wise, is still to get some semblance of a post on my various projects. I wanted to do one big post, but it’d be too big I think. So I’ll pick something to focus on. Hopefully 😏
Enjoy everyone! Thanks so much!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 27, 2021 – Rushing Creativity Late in the Day When Tired Results in a Learnable Mess, lol!“I won’t deny it. I don’t really like my painting. But I do see somethings I like — “
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.19.3“When quiet found a moment to be heard, their breaths warmed the scent of salt and moisture on their hands and thighs.”
- January 26, 2021 – When Creativity and Chores Collide, lol!Well, it’s past 5pm, didn’t get to paint, but sure got more than a couple of handfuls of chores done, plus, a little touch of art.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.19.2“Arturo spread their warm worn blanket, thin but protecting, alongside the fold-out windbreak meant for the winds in winter.”
- January 25, 2021 – New Watercolor Upload to Fine Art America, Magenta MountainMagenta Mountain In a sign this is as good a rendition to other folks as to myself, I received two comments on Fine Art America within the hour of its posting!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.19.1“At the city’s boundary wall, they stopped, looked back at the lights of the hotel, held each other briefly with tenderness….”
- January 24, 2021 – Update on My “The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series”, It’s Nearing It’s Initial Run!My excerpt series from my novella, The Old American Artist, is nearing the end of its initial run!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html