Hi everyone! All the Austin weather folk have us boxed in with fog. Good thing Sheila & I took advantage of this past weekend’s unbelievably nice weather 😊 But the change in weather hasn’t slowed us down much, lol! Yesterday we hit Gold’s Gym for a SilverSneakers class, delivered a replacement art piece & picked up two at one of Creative Art Society’s Venues, Urban Hair, then made a quick low-traffic detour to Michael’s and picked up a watercolor kit and watercolor paper pad for the year year old. He seems to have a real affinity for the medium, as seen by the expression on his face, bottom of review ❤️
The afternoon I spent catching up on my various in-progress 6×6 watercolor acrylic wash experiments.
Some have been a disaster, so the good news is I can experiment even more freely with them 😊 This was esp true of an attempt to recreate watercolor effects just via acrylics on a black gesso’d surface. Not a pretty picture, lol!
I’m letting a new mix of Golden’s Soft Tar Gel & 20% water settle to release air bubbles then gonna pour it onto what I hope will be a satisfying solution to this one project. The masking tape “wall” is an idea I got via one of Nancy Reyner’s many acrylic posts. If successful, may mean more of these; we’ll see!
Among fiddling with about 5 6×6 projects, I also cut down foam board to mount 4 new 12×16 prints I hope to take to the Old Bakery & Emporium tomorrow (Wed). My aim is to set up and paint for the 1st time since early last year!
This’ll be Playtime’s and Mount Mansfield Sunrise’s first appearance at the Old Bakery 😊
But first, after our morning walk, so then first, lol! We hope to see Daniel Craig’s Knifed Out movie before lunch. It’ll also be our 1st going-out-to movie since 2018 when we took the then 4 year old to an animated film! It was so cold in the theatre we almost had to leave, so we’re taking our coats w/us, even though it’s warmed into the 60s, lol!
Finally, my goal, blog post wise, is still to get some semblance of a post on my various projects. I wanted to do one big post, but it’d be too big I think. So I’ll pick something to focus on. Hopefully 😏
Enjoy everyone! Thanks so much!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Sarah Loft @SMaureneLoft #AbstractConstruction“I’ve watched and enjoyed and shared her work as she herself struggled with varying illnesses, never wavering in her commitment to both share hers and others’ work, plus remaining creative herself.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.2“Trying various fitness classes meant an effort, together, to find a common ground again….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.1“The first days, when Arturo and Rosetta were once again together, meals especially, were exceptionally quiet….”
- Adan’s Fine Art America Images # 20 – Lit Like Stained Glass , Uploaded 04.13.16“Burlington, my wife’s home town in Vermont, is a very walkable city, and summers and early fall we’d often walk back at night from festivals and such….”
- Turned 70 Today – A Lot To Be Grateful For!“Plus… The first family meal, outdoors, socially distanced from other folks, since the beginning of the pandemic!”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.16.2“And in the middle of the top left third, in a sky as dense as the sea, rose a waxing moon, glow askew….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.16.1“Immediately on rising, his evening show in his mind’s peripheral vision, Arturo gathered a favored brush….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html