Hi everyone! All the Austin weather folk have us boxed in with fog. Good thing Sheila & I took advantage of this past weekend’s unbelievably nice weather 😊 But the change in weather hasn’t slowed us down much, lol! Yesterday we hit Gold’s Gym for a SilverSneakers class, delivered a replacement art piece & picked up two at one of Creative Art Society’s Venues, Urban Hair, then made a quick low-traffic detour to Michael’s and picked up a watercolor kit and watercolor paper pad for the year year old. He seems to have a real affinity for the medium, as seen by the expression on his face, bottom of review ❤️
The afternoon I spent catching up on my various in-progress 6×6 watercolor acrylic wash experiments.
Some have been a disaster, so the good news is I can experiment even more freely with them 😊 This was esp true of an attempt to recreate watercolor effects just via acrylics on a black gesso’d surface. Not a pretty picture, lol!
I’m letting a new mix of Golden’s Soft Tar Gel & 20% water settle to release air bubbles then gonna pour it onto what I hope will be a satisfying solution to this one project. The masking tape “wall” is an idea I got via one of Nancy Reyner’s many acrylic posts. If successful, may mean more of these; we’ll see!
Among fiddling with about 5 6×6 projects, I also cut down foam board to mount 4 new 12×16 prints I hope to take to the Old Bakery & Emporium tomorrow (Wed). My aim is to set up and paint for the 1st time since early last year!
This’ll be Playtime’s and Mount Mansfield Sunrise’s first appearance at the Old Bakery 😊
But first, after our morning walk, so then first, lol! We hope to see Daniel Craig’s Knifed Out movie before lunch. It’ll also be our 1st going-out-to movie since 2018 when we took the then 4 year old to an animated film! It was so cold in the theatre we almost had to leave, so we’re taking our coats w/us, even though it’s warmed into the 60s, lol!
Finally, my goal, blog post wise, is still to get some semblance of a post on my various projects. I wanted to do one big post, but it’d be too big I think. So I’ll pick something to focus on. Hopefully 😏
Enjoy everyone! Thanks so much!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Adan’s Product Reviews on Amazon – Watercolour Flower Painting Workshop (Collins Painting Workshop) by Hazel Soan (Book, Paper Edition)“Just beginning to use watercolors, and having seen Hazel Soan’s watercolor video on Prime Video, I knew I wanted one of her books. Though an older work, 1999 I believe, the information and images are timeless. The images themselves are stunning, stopped my wife in her tracks when I was browsing through the book 😊”
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on The First Snow 01.25.20“Later, once the piece is done, the gloss isolation layer and matte varnish will have to protect paint and masking fluid. The glossy isolation layer preserves the colors, and the clear matte varnish protects against dust etc, but restores the surface feel and matte finish of the completed work – as I found out via … Read more
- Progress Update Working with Golden Absorbent Ground and Fineline Masking Fluid, on Violet Blooms 01.24.20“Turns out this method (for me) is also not 100% foolproof, at least in regard to getting the right areas masked, etc. But I really think this is more to do with a learning curve, both in regard to watercolor choices in general, and using masking fluid for and with those choices.”
- 7 Expert Tricks To Improve Your Author Newsletter | David Gaughran“There is so much more you can do with author newsletter these days beyond simply telling your fans that you have a new book.”
- Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic ❤️ Adan’s PhotoPoems 💕PhotoPoem sayings 💕 Autumn Friends circa 1986 Acrylic – “We are mirrors…”
- On the Way to the Cantina by Tiffany Arp Daleo 😊“She often writes that she paints intuitively, from the heart, finding any suggestion of image within her process itself, an amazing feat I “sometimes” feel I pull off 😏 ”
- In the Egg # 2 by Francisco Bravo CabreraFrancisco is an exceptionally prolific artist, with work that ranges from lush to whimsical or elegant.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html