Hi everyone! All the Austin weather folk have us boxed in with fog. Good thing Sheila & I took advantage of this past weekend’s unbelievably nice weather 😊 But the change in weather hasn’t slowed us down much, lol! Yesterday we hit Gold’s Gym for a SilverSneakers class, delivered a replacement art piece & picked up two at one of Creative Art Society’s Venues, Urban Hair, then made a quick low-traffic detour to Michael’s and picked up a watercolor kit and watercolor paper pad for the year year old. He seems to have a real affinity for the medium, as seen by the expression on his face, bottom of review ❤️
The afternoon I spent catching up on my various in-progress 6×6 watercolor acrylic wash experiments.
Some have been a disaster, so the good news is I can experiment even more freely with them 😊 This was esp true of an attempt to recreate watercolor effects just via acrylics on a black gesso’d surface. Not a pretty picture, lol!
I’m letting a new mix of Golden’s Soft Tar Gel & 20% water settle to release air bubbles then gonna pour it onto what I hope will be a satisfying solution to this one project. The masking tape “wall” is an idea I got via one of Nancy Reyner’s many acrylic posts. If successful, may mean more of these; we’ll see!
Among fiddling with about 5 6×6 projects, I also cut down foam board to mount 4 new 12×16 prints I hope to take to the Old Bakery & Emporium tomorrow (Wed). My aim is to set up and paint for the 1st time since early last year!
This’ll be Playtime’s and Mount Mansfield Sunrise’s first appearance at the Old Bakery 😊
But first, after our morning walk, so then first, lol! We hope to see Daniel Craig’s Knifed Out movie before lunch. It’ll also be our 1st going-out-to movie since 2018 when we took the then 4 year old to an animated film! It was so cold in the theatre we almost had to leave, so we’re taking our coats w/us, even though it’s warmed into the 60s, lol!
Finally, my goal, blog post wise, is still to get some semblance of a post on my various projects. I wanted to do one big post, but it’d be too big I think. So I’ll pick something to focus on. Hopefully 😏
Enjoy everyone! Thanks so much!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html