Those Who Came Before~
Both the images and context of Cindy’s post struck me as important as art and as a testament to the human experience. Which nowadays might be good to remember, is also apparently, an experiment….
I tried to convey this via my comment on her post, though I had to re-read my own comment a few times to get the gist I was struggling to convey. It’s a tough concept, at least to me, that these folks back then, if we are one humanity, are really us, just sooner in time ❤️
Here’s my comment,
Minus thousands of years of shared knowledge, and the freedom and/or defiance to do just that, that “is” us, I think. Together we’ve traveled that far to now. Amazing! So glad you shared this, Cindy! 😊https://cindyknoke.com/2020/01/19/those-who-came-before/
I guess what I was trying to say without saying too much, is, these folks back then, artists in their minds or not, partly appear as artists to us, not just early versions of us, because art does communicate. Across centuries, millennia, and chasms of technology some folks I know today think make us better. A challenge that will become more acute as genetics and genetic engineering slowly begin manufacturing humans 2.0. And ideas of a superior race surface once again. Which I think would be not only stupid, but possibly a fatal mistake (not sure how, but feels so); which would be like thinking because we’re vaccinated against illnesses that killed millions of us since the beginning of human time, makes us superior people. There’s something innate in the human experience that strings a commonality across time we haven’t been able to universalize into our consciousness yet. Something intangible we almost all feel, from minutely and buried, to glaring as mid-summer sun – but feel it we do ❤️ The unfortunate humans who can not feel this, vs not wanting to, are like the machines we’re building that are, as my 6 year old grandsons says, way smarter than us, but still can’t tell when or if their hurting us. Empathy. Compassion. I see that in the image I chose to highlight from Cindy’s post. Someone back then saw this. Many someone’s. And we are here now 😊
So anyway, lol! Without nearly the verbiage above ☺️ take a look if you can at Cindy’s post. Sparse on extra words, strong with great pics 💕
Thanks, everyone! Enjoy!
ps – Cindy’s other post I’ve shared is also visual-arts related and is a truly stunning capture –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html