Those Who Came Before~
Both the images and context of Cindy’s post struck me as important as art and as a testament to the human experience. Which nowadays might be good to remember, is also apparently, an experiment….
I tried to convey this via my comment on her post, though I had to re-read my own comment a few times to get the gist I was struggling to convey. It’s a tough concept, at least to me, that these folks back then, if we are one humanity, are really us, just sooner in time ❤️
Here’s my comment,
Minus thousands of years of shared knowledge, and the freedom and/or defiance to do just that, that “is” us, I think. Together we’ve traveled that far to now. Amazing! So glad you shared this, Cindy! 😊https://cindyknoke.com/2020/01/19/those-who-came-before/
I guess what I was trying to say without saying too much, is, these folks back then, artists in their minds or not, partly appear as artists to us, not just early versions of us, because art does communicate. Across centuries, millennia, and chasms of technology some folks I know today think make us better. A challenge that will become more acute as genetics and genetic engineering slowly begin manufacturing humans 2.0. And ideas of a superior race surface once again. Which I think would be not only stupid, but possibly a fatal mistake (not sure how, but feels so); which would be like thinking because we’re vaccinated against illnesses that killed millions of us since the beginning of human time, makes us superior people. There’s something innate in the human experience that strings a commonality across time we haven’t been able to universalize into our consciousness yet. Something intangible we almost all feel, from minutely and buried, to glaring as mid-summer sun – but feel it we do ❤️ The unfortunate humans who can not feel this, vs not wanting to, are like the machines we’re building that are, as my 6 year old grandsons says, way smarter than us, but still can’t tell when or if their hurting us. Empathy. Compassion. I see that in the image I chose to highlight from Cindy’s post. Someone back then saw this. Many someone’s. And we are here now 😊
So anyway, lol! Without nearly the verbiage above ☺️ take a look if you can at Cindy’s post. Sparse on extra words, strong with great pics 💕
Thanks, everyone! Enjoy!
ps – Cindy’s other post I’ve shared is also visual-arts related and is a truly stunning capture –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
- April 07, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Poster 2 : Poetry, Line Art and Digital WashIt had to happen, lol! I had to finally apply my new line art with wash coloring style to one of my writings and I figured, well, my volleyball poem series has about seven titles, so they’d be a good one to create alternative choice imaging for! 😊
- April 06, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Radiology Technologist”Radiology Technologist is my newest “most viewed” for a one week period at Fine Art America! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html