Those Who Came Before~
Both the images and context of Cindy’s post struck me as important as art and as a testament to the human experience. Which nowadays might be good to remember, is also apparently, an experiment….
I tried to convey this via my comment on her post, though I had to re-read my own comment a few times to get the gist I was struggling to convey. It’s a tough concept, at least to me, that these folks back then, if we are one humanity, are really us, just sooner in time ❤️
Here’s my comment,
Minus thousands of years of shared knowledge, and the freedom and/or defiance to do just that, that “is” us, I think. Together we’ve traveled that far to now. Amazing! So glad you shared this, Cindy! 😊https://cindyknoke.com/2020/01/19/those-who-came-before/
I guess what I was trying to say without saying too much, is, these folks back then, artists in their minds or not, partly appear as artists to us, not just early versions of us, because art does communicate. Across centuries, millennia, and chasms of technology some folks I know today think make us better. A challenge that will become more acute as genetics and genetic engineering slowly begin manufacturing humans 2.0. And ideas of a superior race surface once again. Which I think would be not only stupid, but possibly a fatal mistake (not sure how, but feels so); which would be like thinking because we’re vaccinated against illnesses that killed millions of us since the beginning of human time, makes us superior people. There’s something innate in the human experience that strings a commonality across time we haven’t been able to universalize into our consciousness yet. Something intangible we almost all feel, from minutely and buried, to glaring as mid-summer sun – but feel it we do ❤️ The unfortunate humans who can not feel this, vs not wanting to, are like the machines we’re building that are, as my 6 year old grandsons says, way smarter than us, but still can’t tell when or if their hurting us. Empathy. Compassion. I see that in the image I chose to highlight from Cindy’s post. Someone back then saw this. Many someone’s. And we are here now 😊
So anyway, lol! Without nearly the verbiage above ☺️ take a look if you can at Cindy’s post. Sparse on extra words, strong with great pics 💕
Thanks, everyone! Enjoy!
ps – Cindy’s other post I’ve shared is also visual-arts related and is a truly stunning capture –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 02, 2020With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
- Aging Through Covid-19, April 01, 2020Line to the register had the now familiar blue tape line social distancing markers for the mandate Austin put in weeks ago – back way back, early March, when SXSW was cancelled amid mixed (but now grateful) reviews. And, no one in line! Lucky us – by the time we were barely half way checked out we had 3+ people waiting behind us at the various blue strips of tape.
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 31, 2020My walking, which was beginning to suffer because of pain in my legs, esp at night, has been incredibly helped by some simple shin splits stretches. The hardest part is holding the stretch for 30 seconds, lol!
- Aging Through Covid-19, March 30, 2020Though generally healthy, but in the target age group for most vulnerable, Sheila and I had early on began practicing social distancing. We also ate well, better even. More veggies. More sleep – can’t tell you what a blessing that’s been for me, lol! 😊
- New SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Monday 03.23.20 10:30 CSTI’m glad SilverSneakers has already added/scheduled a followup to this week’s initial live class stream – very much looking forward to it! 💕
- Update / Review : SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20Jenny, the instructor, carried all the energy and humor and relatedness that can only be found in a live class, and only surpassed by a live class of the same caliber teacher but with equally real time feedback to the participants in the class.
- SilverSneakers Exercise Streaming Opportunity on Facebook Thursday 03.19.20At a time when so many resources are being curtailed, and much needed other health resources are just beginning to be provided, it’s good, and very welcome, that such a solid standby for seniors as SilverSneakers is providing this.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html