It was very difficult waiting til now to write this post, but very much wanted to wait til my little 6×6 was delivered to its new owner in Florida and I’d uploaded my announcement post 😊
Bird’s Eye View is my 1st of my 6×6 experimental gallery wrapped canvases with absorbent ground and watercolor / acrylic paint, and it is a real joy it sold first ❤️
Though I used a small box of my own to mail it, I did find out quite a bit of very useful information at the post office about my Priority Rate options.
Flat Rate Priority Boxes
I knew they had flat rate boxes, but I’d already checked online and their small box is the same depth as my gallery wrap canvas work. Well within an 1/8th of an inch of each other, so no room for padding etc.
The next size flat rate box up, medium, is plenty big, even for delivering two 6×6’s. Nice!
And the size up from that, large, can fit 3 side by side, very nice!
Regular Postage Rate and Adding Needed Features
Though choosing to pay regular postage rate, being I had my own box, would have been somewhat cheaper, it didn’t include (1) tracking or (2) insurance, and, since I like to carry my box into the post office open, for easy inspection if needed, and – I didn’t bring any packing tape with me, (3) I would have also had to pay for the tape to seal the box.
By the time we got to that 3rd additional cost, I was definitely ready for priority mail! 😊
Alternative Priority Mailing Box
Combining advantages of both the Priority Flat Rate Boxes and shipping via Regular Postage Rate, the non-flat rate Priority Box is weighed like a Regular Postage Rate mailing, but charged and shipping at a special Priority Box rate based on weight and destination.
Maybe a great choice for when what one has to mail is too big for the small Flat Rate Priority Box, but also too small for the much larger medium Flat Rate Priority Box. This is a nice size box, measuring about (in inches) 2 3/4 x 12 1/4 x 13 5/8, and could save one a nice percentage off using either the medium or large Flat Rate Priority Box options. That’s basically what I did, but with my own small box, with the Priority Rate features added.
The alternative Priority Mailing Box is already notated Priority Mail and automatically includes insurance and tracking. And I didn’t have to scrape off an old label from when I’d originally received it, lol! I like that 😊
It’s important to remember though, to compare the price of using the Alternative Priority Mailing Box and paying by zone and weight, vs a Flat Rate Priority Box. It wouldn’t take much to quickly be much better off with a Flat Rate Priority Box, especially if your item is heavy.
I haven’t been able to find a link to the description for this box, or how to get one. I was fortunate to have a postal employee stationed near the front door point the box out to me in the display of free boxes we can take with us to use (or use right then). If I get a link I’ll be sure and post it. Or if anyone has an appropriate link, please post in the comments!
So that’s about it, for now anyway, lol!
If you have your own “story” about the pluses or minuses of using a type of postal service delivery for your art or book, like particular size prints, let us know 😊
Stay healthy! Be creative, ie, be yourself! ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 13, 2021 – Moving in Our 70s During Covid – Removing Pictures from the WallsYesterday was a small but significant day in our move-prep days, I took down the remainder of our paintings and pictures from the walls.
- April 12, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Volleyball Setter Poster 2”It’s very neat to see my new visual design for Volleyball Setter hit the mark of most-seen last week at Fine Art America!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html