Today Sheila and I celebrate 40 years since the day we first met, sneaking glances at each other (though I think I was the more blatant 😊 ) at the start of a two week 8-5 training for new jobs we had with the state ❤️
We’re celebrating by driving south of Austin to the doctor (cause it’s faster than going to the office 3x closer to home in Austin itself, lol!). A little vertigo check up is all.
So that’s a part, a good part really, of celebrating 40 years with a dr appt – we’ve each other to help take care of ourselves. I’ve been driving her around for over a week, like she drove me around for weeks following my 2 surgeries.
And she still makes us the most delicious healthy fun meals!
Yes, love has many many flavors 💕
This is an edited edition of our conversation on our drive here (dr’s office). Reminiscent of our drive delivering my art work to Jerry’s Artarama last year, lol! 😂
Her: We’ll never make it in time.
Me: Google says this is faster than the freeway.
Her: I hate the freeway.
Me: (thinking: that’s why we’re going this way) Me too.
Her: I wait five more minutes then call we’re running late.
Me: (thinking: our appt’s in 9 minutes, call now) Good idea.
Her: We should’ve left earlier.
Me: (thinking: she’s right) Yeah. It’ll be ok.
Her: I’ll call, oh, I don’t have their number!
Me: Look them up on Safari on your phone, then click their # to call.
Her: I never done that on the phone.
Her: (looking at iPhone icons) I don’t know which one’s Safari!
Me: (coming to a another stop) Lemme see (hands me phone). Wow, you’ve got like twenty tabs open.
Her: I just need to call them.
Me: Right. (close several tabs, see one blank for Google, hand her phone) Tap on the address part and put in the dr and city.
Her: It won’t let me type.
Me: Try typing.
Her: Why’s it working? I didn’t have a blank screen!
Me: (truthfully) I never know how something’s gonna work on these things, I just try it and see.
Her: It’s calling, shhh!
Thanks everyone! Be blessed! I’m beginning to think it’s a choice to be open to this – being blessed. Otherwise, a miracle’ll do 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 17, 2022 – Art Delivery to Cypress Grill Austin for a Creative Arts Society Rotating Member ShowingI’m happy to post I’m placing my 1st piece of art work at a Creative Arts Society member venue in over a year and a half!
- January 16, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Fantasy Landscape – New 16×20 #LyricalAbstract #AcrylicPaintingFantasy Landscape is currently residing at the Old Bakery & Emporium in downtown Austin across from the Texas State Capital. It’s a super playful acrylic I didn’t realize would be “so much” a landscape as it turned out, lol! All part of the “discovery” process inside each artist, often call the landscape inside, probably in more senses than one, as Joan Mitchell has alluded to.
- January 15, 2022 – New 12×24 Inch #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Blue Impressionist Abstract 1Third of my 3 uploaded acrylic color blocks, each 12×24 inches on gallery wrapped canvas, Blue gives me a triad of sorts, the other two paintings being red and yellow. A link to related blog posts is – https://felipeadanlerma.com/?s=Impressionist+abstract I’ve always like panoramas, even in my….
- January 14, 2022 – Painting + Capturing Photos of the Sides of 2 #ImpressionistAbstract Panoramas Accepted by Art for the People Gallery AustinA few posts ago I announced about my art audition for an upcoming show at Austin local gallery, Art for the People, and mentioned I’d had a couple of my Impressionist Abstract panoramas chosen! One, the red version, already had its sides painted, but the newer blue version didn’t, so I got to work right away. Like I tell folks who like hearing ’bout how I put these together, painting the sides almost always takes as long or longer than the painting! Why?
- January 13, 2022 – 2 New Works In-Progress : Good Conversation + Healthy Vines Happy Hearts – #AbstractPainting #LyricalAbstraction #TheAdjacentPossibleWasn’t sure what I wanted to paint this particular day, just really needed to 😊 I’ve been reading a creativity book, The Adjacent Possible; filled with good ideas, one of which emphasizes “just starting.” A concept the author calls zero to 1, which she explains is like this huge leap, from nothing, to something. She says it over and over, all different ways, and I understood it. First intellectually. Then emotionally. And today, physically.
- January 12, 2022 – Auditioned 3 Paintings at #ArtForThePeopleGallery, Snuck in 3 Unannounced Works, Got 4 of 6 Accepted!!!Well, I didn’t really “sneak” 3 additional works into my art audition at Art for the People Gallery here in Austin — but I did pack 3 extra pieces into my car & after they’d seen the 3 they’d asked to see, I asked them if they’d like to see some even newer work, basically blocks of color, with texture, that I had with me? And they said yes! The 3 they first asked to see….
- January 11, 2022 – Adan’s #ArtPoems / #PhotoPoems : Light is But Darkness Feeling…I’ve had a PhotoPoems / Photo Poems series of posts seems since near when I 1st started my blog, and was tempted to call this verse, for Angel, a PhotoPoem also. But even though I’ve a few posts tying poem and art work together, I don’t think that would be in the spirit of the thought behind the poems anymore. An art poem, I feel instinctively, is….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html