Today Sheila and I celebrate 40 years since the day we first met, sneaking glances at each other (though I think I was the more blatant 😊 ) at the start of a two week 8-5 training for new jobs we had with the state ❤️
We’re celebrating by driving south of Austin to the doctor (cause it’s faster than going to the office 3x closer to home in Austin itself, lol!). A little vertigo check up is all.
So that’s a part, a good part really, of celebrating 40 years with a dr appt – we’ve each other to help take care of ourselves. I’ve been driving her around for over a week, like she drove me around for weeks following my 2 surgeries.
And she still makes us the most delicious healthy fun meals!
Yes, love has many many flavors 💕
This is an edited edition of our conversation on our drive here (dr’s office). Reminiscent of our drive delivering my art work to Jerry’s Artarama last year, lol! 😂
Her: We’ll never make it in time.
Me: Google says this is faster than the freeway.
Her: I hate the freeway.
Me: (thinking: that’s why we’re going this way) Me too.
Her: I wait five more minutes then call we’re running late.
Me: (thinking: our appt’s in 9 minutes, call now) Good idea.
Her: We should’ve left earlier.
Me: (thinking: she’s right) Yeah. It’ll be ok.
Her: I’ll call, oh, I don’t have their number!
Me: Look them up on Safari on your phone, then click their # to call.
Her: I never done that on the phone.
Her: (looking at iPhone icons) I don’t know which one’s Safari!
Me: (coming to a another stop) Lemme see (hands me phone). Wow, you’ve got like twenty tabs open.
Her: I just need to call them.
Me: Right. (close several tabs, see one blank for Google, hand her phone) Tap on the address part and put in the dr and city.
Her: It won’t let me type.
Me: Try typing.
Her: Why’s it working? I didn’t have a blank screen!
Me: (truthfully) I never know how something’s gonna work on these things, I just try it and see.
Her: It’s calling, shhh!
Thanks everyone! Be blessed! I’m beginning to think it’s a choice to be open to this – being blessed. Otherwise, a miracle’ll do 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.9.2“The sergeant reached down to the plain wood table beside him, pinched a small safety razor, and lifted it up to the room.“
- My Two Most Read Posts July 2020 – SilverSneakers Stability Class, and My Review Of AcornTV’s Brokenwood“I knew even before the month ended these two would be my top July 2020 posts, there was no one close enough to hardly even threaten an upset, lol!“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.9.1“In the Air Force, shaving everyday is like the sun rising, expected.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.8.3“In the early spring, with fog on the waves, Arturo moved to Galveston. History shows, he reflected, the weather is less predictable there….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.8.2“After another try, with an artistically supportive woman….”
- Awash in Dreams – One Painting, Four Digital Variations“Sometimes I spend a lot of time debating which variations to keep, which to toss, I come up with, from any one of my originals. This time around the process just seemed to slip by without as much stutter and hesitation – much the way this painting came about.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number I.8.1“Dancers, he quickly found, like himself as an artist….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html