Good morning all 😊
I’ve been unintentionally negligent putting out a new post for more days than I wanted. No terrible bad reason beyond simple lack of time and a list of pressing priorities, thank goodness.
The last few weeks wife & I have had a bit more dr appts than usual, but this week that converged with a strong slate of visits to Gold’s Gym for both of us, an additional check up dr visit for the 7 year old (parents at work), a soft opening (Thur) of a new mercantile gift shop by our younger daughter followed by the official grand opening yesterday (Sat) – both with the 7 year old happily in tow ❤️
There were a few days no painting or photography were done at all. The other days all I could do was piddle, meaning, sketch out some ideas on some newly watercolor ground applied 6x6s, or flush out floral and/or butterfly outlines with masking fluid on same, and even re-coat one 6×6 I wisely gave up trying to “fix” lol!
I did however manage to upload a new macro floral photo image to Fine Art America 😊
While my wife has consistently maintained going to SilverSneakers classes, I’ve been more and more utilizing the gym’s strength machines and indoor walking track, logging in over 10K steps several days this past week!
My strength work, which I’m getting into more enthusiastically lately, includes strengthening my legs and upper body, particularly for posture with the latter.
My fitness tracker shows quite an increase in my moderate to vigorous intensity minutes for the week – definitely pushing me to take advantage of wanting to get to sleep sooner and more often, lol 😂
And this, sleep, I believe, is where I lost any chance of creating blog posts this week (beyond a fun reblog of Kirt Tisdale’s digital work). It’s no secret we need sleep to exist. What’s happening to me lately is I’m looking forward more now to what seems to be a more quality sleep. Waking up more refreshed. Eager to do art, work out, do blog posts, have fun!
All part of “trying” to live aging gracefully ❤️
With less dr visits planned this coming week, I’m hoping to use that extra time to paint again (beyond prep work) – and – post regularly again! And I did, as mentioned above, upload my first new image to Fine Art America last night in almost three weeks, and hope to have a “new FAA uploads” post up featuring my three latest but not yet blogged uploads there —
Meanwhile, before I go to Central Market then return to breakfast, here’s a peek at some of my recent 6×6 watercolor work. All pieces are available at this time 😊
Take care everyone! 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- December 05, 2021 – Sold! At the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – 12×18 Print, Spring is a Lady!My 1st sale of this early watercolor / line art figure painting of mine. Uploaded early spring of this year (2021), it’s gotten fairly nice views, thought it’s twin ( flipped horizontally ), Summer is a Lady has been my most viewed on Fine Art America 1/2 a dozen different weeks! Very glad their both getting attention now, even if via different directions 😊
- December 04, 2021 – Delivering New Art to the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – Peace, a New Holiday PaintingPeace, my delivered painting, itself has gone through several metamorphoses to completion, starting way back to August this year (2021) when I was tentatively calling it Holiday Walk; I’d posted about it early September – September 08, 2021 – Developing 2 New Figure Paintings on Light Molding Paste on Canvas – 1 Watercolor, 1 Acrylic with Watercolor Til about a month ago it was still a vertical work, but….
- December 03, 2021 – I Am Tired, But I Am Happy; I’ve Been Painting, A Lot!The above pic contrasts below with this earlier pic shot shot in November —
- December 02, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 2, Major ShiftThe large blue area (which I loved) had to be muted (or change the other orange/red areas). Blue bottom areas were also muted. The white/yellow glaze over the blue area tinting it into green. But, do I want to do more? Do I need to do more?
- December 01, 2021 – My Minimalist Art Experiment, “Abstract Minimalism 1 (in-progress) Part 1, a BeginningA funny thing happened on my way to my newest attempt to correctly ( ie, satisfyingly ) extrapolate a detail shot ( variations of which I’m calling, “Approach” ) of one of my paintings (Autumn Passage) — — during the 2nd lay-in, after applying Light Molding Paste over the canvas, I ended up, when I’d see it from a distance, ie through a door from another room, very much liking its basic look; enough so I decided to try and enhance the current stage of the painting, yet, keep it’s basic minimalism intact 😊
- November 30, 2021 – My Idea for Promoting My WordPress Blog Posts on Twitter (With My Pinned Tweet), Part 4And so far, I’m very pleased with how it’s working. It’s saving me a bit of time, yet also keeping tweets going out promoting my more recent posts. I could probably do with slightly more frequently….
- November 29, 2021 – Fine Art America News : “Easy Morning” and “Walking in Light” Featured in Art Groups + Sold a “If Dads Were” Coffee CupBoth figures in the painting above and below are watercolors, though, Easy Morning is all watercolor on absorbent ground. Walking in Light’s paint, around the figure below, is acrylic; both the watercolor figure and remainder of my painting done on Golden’s Light Molding Paste. Golden has evidently been at improving acrylics a long time, as I learned in this post (with links to Golden’s article), and I can say that for me, working on their molding paste, in watercolor and acrylic, is a real treat!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html