Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
FaceTime with the grandson 😊
With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
me: pick up where you left off last time; do you remember where that was?
max: (pages shuffling) yes (eyes lit up)
Sheila: can you read it to us?
max: (more page shuffling, drops book, iPad screen tilts to ceiling) uh….
me: that’s ok, we can read it
max: (big smile) ok (finds page he wants, repositions iPad, shows us the next illustrated page to read out)
And so it went, to a surprising funny conclusion of that chapter 😊 He somehow gets a kick out of one of us, or both wife & I, reading the comic out loud to him. Sheila esp gets quite animated in some scenes, lol! I like it too!
We used to, if we hadn’t seen him awhile, and probably weren’t going to for awhile more longer, have like an hour long play-chat with him via FaceTime. That won’t work now, too exhausting for wife & I 😂 But shorter video visits, with promises and assurances of another revisit “very soon” – yeah, that might work.
It’s obvious assumed hopefulness is Max’s usual disposition. It feeds us a living reminder of ourselves I think, whose assumption of hopefulness is chipped away by so much uncertainty.
Uncertainty of course, is a fact of life. Preparing for those uncertainties, much acting on a new unfolding reality, doesn’t have to be.
Countries and peoples, so far away I only see them as an abstracted sketch of ourselves and lives here in our country, have evidently forged through the beginning wave or curve of this virus crisis.
And I say evidently only because there is still so much unknown, and unsolved, ie, treatments, vaccines.
But these fellow human beings on our one planet show it can be done, even if we modify the method, but keep the essentials – testing, social distance, preparation and acting on it.
I thank them for their example, as I am sure we have been an example to many with our democracy 🙏
And I thank the angels this pandemic has happened in a time where at least, for a few minutes, we can see and almost touch each other across the ether 💕
Tomorrow I hope to post a few pics of most recent small paintings ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search results about how South Korea, Japan and others in Asia have fared with Covid-19 – https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALeKk02GsoOTLjhUxx4aOLfrkG1F4Tio5Q%3A1585843443708&ei=8wyGXpXgKszQsAX1yZoo&q=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&oq=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCMgUIIRCrAjoECCMQJzoFCCEQoAFQ7j1Y3M0BYK_QAWgCcAB4AIABwAGIAbwdkgEENi4yN5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjVpYaZj8roAhVMKKwKHfWkBgUQ4dUDCAo&uact=5 .
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, A Little Water in Barton Creek“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 12, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Map for Barton Creek Greenbelt Near Us via Google Maps“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 11, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Absorbing Nature“…here goes a short quickshot pictorial of my 1st probe of the nearest Austin nature area new to us, one we’ve never explored before; all done yesterday evening at the last moment.”
- May 10, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Max Jumping Steps
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html