Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
FaceTime with the grandson 😊
With a skipped day in-between, both wife and I and the 7 year old were pretty ready for a little FaceTime together, lol! He tried on superhero costumes for us and we asked him if he could resume reading his graphic novel-comic, Dog Man, with us —
me: pick up where you left off last time; do you remember where that was?
max: (pages shuffling) yes (eyes lit up)
Sheila: can you read it to us?
max: (more page shuffling, drops book, iPad screen tilts to ceiling) uh….
me: that’s ok, we can read it
max: (big smile) ok (finds page he wants, repositions iPad, shows us the next illustrated page to read out)
And so it went, to a surprising funny conclusion of that chapter 😊 He somehow gets a kick out of one of us, or both wife & I, reading the comic out loud to him. Sheila esp gets quite animated in some scenes, lol! I like it too!
We used to, if we hadn’t seen him awhile, and probably weren’t going to for awhile more longer, have like an hour long play-chat with him via FaceTime. That won’t work now, too exhausting for wife & I 😂 But shorter video visits, with promises and assurances of another revisit “very soon” – yeah, that might work.
It’s obvious assumed hopefulness is Max’s usual disposition. It feeds us a living reminder of ourselves I think, whose assumption of hopefulness is chipped away by so much uncertainty.
Uncertainty of course, is a fact of life. Preparing for those uncertainties, much acting on a new unfolding reality, doesn’t have to be.
Countries and peoples, so far away I only see them as an abstracted sketch of ourselves and lives here in our country, have evidently forged through the beginning wave or curve of this virus crisis.
And I say evidently only because there is still so much unknown, and unsolved, ie, treatments, vaccines.
But these fellow human beings on our one planet show it can be done, even if we modify the method, but keep the essentials – testing, social distance, preparation and acting on it.
I thank them for their example, as I am sure we have been an example to many with our democracy 🙏
And I thank the angels this pandemic has happened in a time where at least, for a few minutes, we can see and almost touch each other across the ether 💕
Tomorrow I hope to post a few pics of most recent small paintings ❤️
Til then, stay well everyone!
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Suggested link, Google search results about how South Korea, Japan and others in Asia have fared with Covid-19 – https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&hl=en-us&sxsrf=ALeKk02GsoOTLjhUxx4aOLfrkG1F4Tio5Q%3A1585843443708&ei=8wyGXpXgKszQsAX1yZoo&q=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&oq=overcoming+coronavirus+in+hong+kong+and+south+korea&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAzIFCCEQqwIyBQghEKsCMgUIIRCrAjoECCMQJzoFCCEQoAFQ7j1Y3M0BYK_QAWgCcAB4AIABwAGIAbwdkgEENi4yN5gBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXo&sclient=psy-ab&ved=0ahUKEwjVpYaZj8roAhVMKKwKHfWkBgUQ4dUDCAo&uact=5 .
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
Note: Each time I post while doing this series (may it be a short series, but if so, for positive reasons 😊), I’ll post one or more links to posts I feel are worth seeing or reading. Some will be COVID-19 specific, some just uplifting, some encouraging via exercise or nutrition etc, but all within the rubric of what we’re all facing tougher ❤️
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 22, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – Last Day Today!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 21, 2021 – Amazon Prime Days Are Here! – June 21 & 22!Amazon Prime Days June 21 & 22, 2021 😊
- June 20, 2021 – Happy Father’s Day!I’d had several ideas what to post for today, got mired in different possible thoughts, finally settled on saving posting anything til I had my morning walk at the greenbelt, my Father’s Day morning at Barton Springs Greenbelt 😊
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html