Little Steps Poster ©Felipe Adan Lerma
New Black Absorbent Ground Watercolor 6x6s from Late April 2020
Nude with Robe Night
Yesterday’s post, with the 1st of 3 new watercolor gouache paintings on black absorbent ground, Moonlight Goblet, continues with my 2nd piece, experimenting using M. Graham white watercolor gouache (vs acrylic gouache) is Nude with Robe Night.
I had to work the lines to get the curves to get the feeling I wanted in this image. Part of the resetting and lifting of the water based gouache can be seen in the scruffiness to the left of the lady, and on the right side of her right elbow.
More black absorbent ground can replenish the original ground and completely cover the scruffiness, but something about the modulation to the background, without adding more than the small crescent moon and my sig, seems to satisfy this painting for me.
Neither this or Moonlight Goblet have been “fixed” with Spectrafix spray or varnished yet, but I think the work will hold up well, esp with the spray varnish which finishes matte tone.
I was of course extremely tempted to immediately dive into trying to produce more fine lined works like this on black absorbent ground, and maybe white acrylic on black gesso on canvas, but I have a few more experiments to follow through on.
Tomorrow’s work, Dancer in Moonlight, I’ll present is another figure, but much more sketchy expressive, but not, I feel, overly so. I hope you’ll tune in to see and let me know 😊
A final note for now on Nude with Robe Night, I especially liked how I progressed working the intensity level of the white gouache (which is opaque) from faint to bright white. I’m very far from where I’m want to be with that technique, but at least I feel I touched on what I want to eventually achieve ❤️
Stay well everyone! And cool, lol! Got to near 100 here in Austin today (don’t ask the heat index), but a “cool” front taking us down to the mid/upper 80s is due tomorrow. Ahhh, the small blessings so important this time of year here in Central Texas ❤️
Series link – Aging Through Covid-19
Do you have good, positive, useful or encouraging info to share? Please post in the moderated comments below 😊
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
Spectrafix general search – https://amzn.to/2LtejP8
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Martin Luther King, Jr Day – Remembrance, Reflection, Resolve – January 18, 2021Here, in a tiny token, are tweets I’ve seen so far today that struck a chord within me, tying those trying days over half a century ago..with today 💕
- January 18, 2021 – Selling 3 Small Originals at Buda Mercantile! Part 2Part 1 of my unexpectedly nice Saturday at Buda Mercantile has more pics, but didn’t have these, as I was still digitally processing them then uploading them to Fine Art America 😊
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.3“‘…come! We must present you,’ Macario smiled, wrapping the air with his arm around Arturo as if placing an elegant cloak on his back.”
- January 17, 2021 – Selling 3 Small Originals at Buda Mercantile! Part 1Today was a good day for my 1st day back this year with my art at Buda Mercantile.
- January 16, 2021 – My Three Most Popular Posts the 1st Half of January – Volleyball Setter Back in Stock (my original 1994 sports writing), Arteza and Richard Bernabe (November 2020 most popular posts report), and Margaret Hall (Sketching Outside in Winter with Watercolour)My 2021 blog posts are already showing their hand, with the arts (poetry, photography, painting) being the big draws, each post with their own subject matter to the artist or poet 😊
- January 15, 2021 – Placing a Few More WordAds in My Posts, For NowJust a quick post to let folks know I’ll have a few more WordAds in my posts. I’ve had one or so at or near the bottom of my posts, now I’ll also have one or more in the sidebar.
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number III.17.2“Arturo had arrived along this stretch of the Mediterranean with Rosetta less than a year ago….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html