First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕
Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
We missed the best of the spring flowers, but the wonderful folks at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center had plenty they’ve managed to keep fresh and beautiful into our now upper 90s to 100 degree pre-summer heat, lol!
Even Max couldn’t wait to get his camera out and going!
The vistas were beautiful and hinted at the natural Hill Country of the past, carefully preserved and nurtured by the Center.
While many features are still closed, the Cafe and Gift Shop along with several off-shoot paths, both most the Western trails (which we took) and the eastern hill country preserve (saved for later), were available. Directionals indicated one way trekking and the many groups of families out with children of all ages remained very respectful each other and well distanced.
Masks were optional, and we, as most everyone else, chose to wear them near other families passing nearby, but gladly pulled them down when the three of us were more alone 😊
While some of the fun architectural structures were closed up, like the viewing tower with its stone walls and circling stairway, others were at least visible, lending their beauty to the Center’s surroundings.
Max was quite quick to enjoy anything safe and allowed to do 😊
Visiting is by appointment, members only, and free with one’s membership. Visits are given in 2 hour increments, which is plenty right now in the summer heat, lol!
Hopefully, things’ll improve to where eventually Max’s mom can again give her fun readings from her illustrated children’s butterfly book, Skydancer, in the Center’s arboretum 🦋
That should be a grand day indeed, as it’d probably mean we’re getting a handle on the virus ❤️
Take care everyone! Keep hope!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Easy Morning – New Watercolor #FigureArt on Absorbent Ground, May 2020Easy Morning, new watercolor on absorbent ground 6×6 gallery wrap canvas #figureart My newest figure work had the usual tug and pull process painting it 😊 I really like the soft gentle feel of it, and especially like the look my wife got seeing it ❤️
- At Rest With Nature – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020At Peace With Nature has several firsts for me. One, it’s a 5×7 stretched canvas, another size like my recent 6×12, A Walk Among the Wildflowers, I haven’t done in quite awhile, certainly even further back by maybe even decades, lol! It’s an interesting size, being small, yet enabling and enhancing the sense of length or height, like the 6×12, but more subtly.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 27, 2020Personal Transitions During Stay-at-Home Distancing No BIG in the typical sense of what I tend to think “big” life change/transitions are, but with no blog post for 5 or 6 days, I gave up figuring out the exact # of days, lol, I felt compelled to say a little something.
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 26, 2020Photo Lessons for Dummies by BE KITSCHIG is a superb humor laden look at the all too common pitfalls and inadvertent mistakes we all non-professionals make with our cameras 😂
- A Walk Among the WildFlowers – New Watercolor on Absorbent Ground, May 2020As one can tell by my photo below, I took a few liberties, but to some extent, that happens whether I plan it or not, lol 😂 But I like the result too much to alter anything on it. Another version, another time, will elicit a different response, and I do think this is one motif I’ll want to do more of, vs variations for just practice 😊
- Aging Through Covid-19, May 20, 2020A bit of news out of my home state of Texas. For the past decade, the two main political parties of that state have battled in and out of court in regard to things vote related. Actually seemingly everything vote related, lol!
- Covid-19 Visit to Lady Bird Wildflower Center May 2020 💐First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕 Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html