First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕
Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
We missed the best of the spring flowers, but the wonderful folks at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center had plenty they’ve managed to keep fresh and beautiful into our now upper 90s to 100 degree pre-summer heat, lol!
Even Max couldn’t wait to get his camera out and going!
The vistas were beautiful and hinted at the natural Hill Country of the past, carefully preserved and nurtured by the Center.
While many features are still closed, the Cafe and Gift Shop along with several off-shoot paths, both most the Western trails (which we took) and the eastern hill country preserve (saved for later), were available. Directionals indicated one way trekking and the many groups of families out with children of all ages remained very respectful each other and well distanced.
Masks were optional, and we, as most everyone else, chose to wear them near other families passing nearby, but gladly pulled them down when the three of us were more alone 😊
While some of the fun architectural structures were closed up, like the viewing tower with its stone walls and circling stairway, others were at least visible, lending their beauty to the Center’s surroundings.
Max was quite quick to enjoy anything safe and allowed to do 😊
Visiting is by appointment, members only, and free with one’s membership. Visits are given in 2 hour increments, which is plenty right now in the summer heat, lol!
Hopefully, things’ll improve to where eventually Max’s mom can again give her fun readings from her illustrated children’s butterfly book, Skydancer, in the Center’s arboretum 🦋
That should be a grand day indeed, as it’d probably mean we’re getting a handle on the virus ❤️
Take care everyone! Keep hope!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Aging Gracefully – Through Covid-19 – New Paris Paintings In-Progress: Lady in Paris 1889, Paris Arm Chair ViewNew Paris Paintings I want to have been finished with these two, lol! But they’ve needed little touches. The larger piece (20×20), Lady in Paris 1889, a true acrylic watercolor mix (a little more on that below) has needed tiny tiny touches to “unflatten” it so to speak. While the smaller 6×6 piece has needed quite a few varnish layers as the surface is too shiny in places and very matte in others. Anyone with suggestions re the latter please comment! 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym with Curt HollandRecently I uploaded a SilverSneakers stability class post, talked a little about how good the class was, both in terms of social distancing and the instructor, but hadn’t been able to get some pics – but now I have! 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – The Earth is a Garden: My Most Viewed Image this Week @FineArtAmerica June 2020I’ve been uploading my paintings since starting watercoloring (late Dec ‘19) recently by completed progression, with The Earth is a Garden one of the more recent. It’s a very pleasant surprise seeing it garnish this much attention vs some of the others I thought my be stronger received. One really never knows, which is just as well, lol! Getting most views for the week, even as a temporary phenomenon, is worth perking up to 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Gardening our Balcony: Bird on Camera! ❤️Just a very quick update post w/pics Sheila caught of one of her suitors, uh, bird visitors 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Gardening our Balcony: New Bird Bath and Feeder 🐦 😊Some things are old, some new, some we got, some either our son or youngest girl and the grandson’ve given us, but nature accommodates most things in the wild, and luckily, so far, on our balcony 😊
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – Austin Covid-19 Warning re Hospital Bed Capacity by Mid-July 2020Austin has quickly reached a crossroads of choices that may or may not prevent the city and area from having to shut down again.
- Aging Gracefully – During Covid-19 – SilverSneakers Stability Class at Gold’s Gym Austin1st Live Stability Class Since March! 🤸♀️ Well, ok, we didn’t do any handstands, lol! But Sheila and I did go to our first stability class since at least early March, if not late February on Monday morning!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html