First trip I can think of for Sheila & myself, much less with Max, since maybe pre-Covid! 💕
Short, less than 2 hours, and less than 15 minutes from home, but what a treat! 😊
We missed the best of the spring flowers, but the wonderful folks at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center had plenty they’ve managed to keep fresh and beautiful into our now upper 90s to 100 degree pre-summer heat, lol!
Even Max couldn’t wait to get his camera out and going!
The vistas were beautiful and hinted at the natural Hill Country of the past, carefully preserved and nurtured by the Center.
While many features are still closed, the Cafe and Gift Shop along with several off-shoot paths, both most the Western trails (which we took) and the eastern hill country preserve (saved for later), were available. Directionals indicated one way trekking and the many groups of families out with children of all ages remained very respectful each other and well distanced.
Masks were optional, and we, as most everyone else, chose to wear them near other families passing nearby, but gladly pulled them down when the three of us were more alone 😊
While some of the fun architectural structures were closed up, like the viewing tower with its stone walls and circling stairway, others were at least visible, lending their beauty to the Center’s surroundings.
Max was quite quick to enjoy anything safe and allowed to do 😊
Visiting is by appointment, members only, and free with one’s membership. Visits are given in 2 hour increments, which is plenty right now in the summer heat, lol!
Hopefully, things’ll improve to where eventually Max’s mom can again give her fun readings from her illustrated children’s butterfly book, Skydancer, in the Center’s arboretum 🦋
That should be a grand day indeed, as it’d probably mean we’re getting a handle on the virus ❤️
Take care everyone! Keep hope!
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- Election 2020 – 6 Days to Election Day“My feeling is we need a national voting law or act that universalizes voting rights and procedures for all of us, of any political party, from top to bottom, in all voting jurisdictions in our country. “Vote, and vote early everyone! 😊 🇺🇸 “
- Election 2020 – 7 Days to Election DayMy feeling is we need a national voting law or act that universalizes voting rights and procedures for all of us, of any political party, from top to bottom, in all voting jurisdictions in our country. Vote, and vote early everyone! 😊 🇺🇸
- Election 2020 – 8 Days to Election Day“I’m putting my regular posting on hold (‘cept for an art post or so 😊) until after the election…Meanwhile I’ll try to….”
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.18.1“One of the nicer things Arturo and Rosetta had learned from years of living in Galveston was the enjoyment of living near nature.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.3“Senior classes, in general, were too non-stop, with little variety, and little information about how each routine benefited them. The idea seemed to be to….”
- Tweets That Caught My Eye on Twitter – Sarah Loft @SMaureneLoft #AbstractConstruction“I’ve watched and enjoyed and shared her work as she herself struggled with varying illnesses, never wavering in her commitment to both share hers and others’ work, plus remaining creative herself.“
- The Old American Artist Twitter Excerpt Series, Number II.17.2“Trying various fitness classes meant an effort, together, to find a common ground again….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html