Yesterday, New Years Day 2021 – yay! – I posted the full image of the detail shot above, saying my little watercolor of my 2001 photo of Monet’s garden outside Paris was a marker of sorts, and it is, in many ways.
It’s been a two decades since Sheila and I made our first trip to Paris, taking a day trip to
Giverny to see Monet’s home and gardens.
A decade ago I launched this website / blog post under my main interest at the time, and named it via a suggestion from my wife – Yoga Adan. I hated changing the name to my full name a few years later, but I felt it would be misleading to keep the name, since my focus wasn’t fully yoga – though the ancient discipline does permeate so much of what I do and feel 😊
One of my most important-to-me series of posts was Yoga-to-Dance aha! Moments!
I marveled how consistently, now that I was back then reincorporating yoga into my life in the 60s for the first time since my 20s, and was also continuing with my wife with Jazzercise, thus combining music and movement and yoga (separately, I thought 😏) – that I was having epiphanies of sorts!
About a lot of things! Mainly to do with fitness, often to do with fitness and yoga, almost always incorporating something about the yogic philosophy of life being inevitably intertwined and connected.
After while, I just took it for granted.
Then mostly forgot about it.
But it’s crept back up on me, slowly, so slowly I didn’t perceive it til yesterday, when Sheila and I did a New Year’s SilverSneakers, our regular Friday aerobics-strength-stability class (ending with some yogic-stretch-relaxation time). And then it hit me very powerfully, in – I believe – a very good way ❤️
I remembered my posts about my yoga to dance moments as we dance-stepped to SilverSneaker versions hits of the 60s and 70s.
I remembered because I thought of my ongoing internal conversation of how to develop my figure drawings and paintings more. As I was moving. Listening to the music. Feeling the rhythm of my mind and body mesh. A decade after I’d felt the same way writing posts about fitness and yoga in 2011.
Two decades after visiting Monet’s garden outside Paris. And doing my one art shoe in New York in 2001.
Three decades (1991) after Sheila and I began writing our one page poems about family and sports and occupations during art and crafts shows – to the tune of about 1000 writings we eventually sold more of than my art!
Four decades – 1981 – after Sheila and I got married and joined our family of three kids 💕
Coincidence? I doubt it, lol!
And I thought, moving the music, thinking, daydreaming – really – of my figure work in watercolors as I moved, I could develop – try to develop – figure work to go with some of my writings – like mom, and nurse, and (my wife’s best writing), My Sister My Friend. Even for some of my other writings, like baseball.
Even, I thought, yoga.
So yes. A synergy of sorts. Even more, a moving meditation.
And yes. There is a plan in our lives it seems. Even if it’s just a sketch. Just enough to let us color in the details and feelings ☺️
Take care everyone! Let’s survive this pandemic, and then thrive like folks did when they survived the world wars. Because this one didn’t carry a flag. It only carried bodies out the door.
We can learn from this. We must learn from this.
There’s no truce signed with Mother Nature.
She issues warnings. Sometimes 😊
I pray we listen ❤️
* My watercolor related blog posts –
* My Impressionist related blog posts –
* My Meditation related blog posts –
* My Dance related blog posts –
Direct link to this image for prints or gifts is –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- May 17, 2021 – Searching for Old Images Without Names or Descriptions Among My WordPress Media FilesI had a heck of a time finding the above pic of Sheila in my WordPress media files today when I’d updated the post and wanted to tweet it so I could use the tweet in today’s Random image post!…Why? Because back then, in Oct of 2014, about 3 1/2 years into having a blog post, I was still not naming or describing my image files.
- May 17, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Morning View Walk in a Light RainI left off our car at a shop we’re trying out near our place for numerous routine minor stuff and walked the short distance back. Luckily I had an umbrella….
- May 16, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, After a Light Rain Barton CreekIt didn’t rain heavy, but it did rain off and on steadily, lol! And more of the same, some heavier, might come our way next 3 days or so. There was just enough rocks still above water I could walk out and….
- May 15, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, Bird Friends at Our BalconyGranted, my real life observation of birds is relatively limited, I’ve never seen this before, one Cardinal feeding two! Wonderful really, so amazed at the joy of such a tiny slice of nature ❤️ To say it’s adorable seems nearly a cliche, but adorable it is!
- May 14, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our New Balcony Brings a FriendAdding on to yesterday’s pic of our 1st bird visitor to our new balcony at our new location is, I assume 😊, the same little bird, but with a friend, her red feathered boy cardinal I think! The expressions, I think, are priceless!
- May 13, 2021 – Random (sorta) Pic of the Day, First Bird to Visit Our Balcony in Our New LocationA simple pic tonight, a simple mingling of sentiments – innocence, curiosity, hunger….
- May 13, 2021 – Our #1 Learned Lesson This Move : Number the Boxes and Make a Digital List!“Such a simple idea, and Sheila says she’s either read or heard something similar, but only occurred to me this morning searching for random items I must’ve stuffed into a box with other stuff and now can’t find them – number each box, make a list of….”
Thanks again, everyone! 😊