Last Sunday (pic below & more pics in post ❤️ ) Sheila and I had our youngest grandchild over and socially distanced a short walk on a trail near us. Being early January, a light sweater was all we needed. Well, not today, lol!
I also knew, last Sunday, via the projected ten day weather forecast, we might get some colder than usual weather.
And, I also knew, a few days ago, via an alert on my Garmin step tracker, that today – Sunday, January 10, 2021 – I would, for the first time since June 04, 2019, before I was hobbled by an infected gall bladder, esophageal correction, and hiatal hernia correction – two surgeries (eight abdominal incisions) and numerous other procedures – I would TIE my longest 7500+ step day since that early June day over a year and a half ago.
And it worried me. Would I reach the a tie, then hopefully surpass it this coming Monday?
Well, I still don’t know. I did go out to take pics, but water several inches high, and ice forming, is keeping me mostly inside today.
But I did plan ahead. Doing ten minute indoor walks before and after meals (vs walking only after a meal), and – hopefully – on a realistic track to hit 7500+ later this evening. It’s after 4pm here, cst. And I’m still 2000+ steps short.
But as I mentioned. I am hopeful.
I’ve left off any more painting for today.
I’m finishing up this, my only blog post for the day, definitely relevant, lol!
And I’ve rescheduled my projected longer post about both my own Garmin tracker, and my wife’s new FitBit.
After all, one of the purposes of having a tracker is to, yes 😂 track my steps so’s to keep up with reasonable doable fitness goals 🏃♂️
With that, I leave you for the day.
I’ll have a good review article on our trackers soon; why they’ve been so helpful for our fitness.
Plus, news about finishing my series of excerpts for my 2014 novella, The Old American Artist, and what I plan on building on from it, re-presenting my excerpts again, but with commentary (looking back on the novella, particularly each individual excerpt). Should be another fun series to follow ❤️
Oh, and whether I do tie my old walking steps record, and, hopefully, continue on to surpass it! ☺️
Blessings to us all! 💕
Direct link to Glynn Young’s review post of The Old American Artist in tweet above –
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- April 13, 2021 – Moving in Our 70s During Covid – Removing Pictures from the WallsYesterday was a small but significant day in our move-prep days, I took down the remainder of our paintings and pictures from the walls.
- April 12, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Inspiring Gift Writing, “Volleyball Setter Poster 2”It’s very neat to see my new visual design for Volleyball Setter hit the mark of most-seen last week at Fine Art America!
- April 11, 2021 – Poetry Titles and Covers That Caught my Eye on AmazonI was tweeting some poetry titles I’d found & liked on Amazon and thought, a short tweet string of some of these might be interesting….
- April 10, 2021 – Interesting Tweets This WeekBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- April 09, 2021 – Volleyball Blocker Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaQuick post to let folks know the 3rd of my seven Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Blocker, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items!
- April 09, 2021 – Reading “How to Paint Like Turner” – Stirring Vestiges Inside Me I’d Almost Forgotten or Thrown AwayI bought this book because it has good reviews re seeing “how” JMW Turner evolved – his whole artistic life it appears – as an artist absorbed in the creative process.
- April 08, 2021 – Volleyball Poster, My Newest #Sports Gift Upload @FineArtAmericaAfter only having Volleyball Setter Poster available for a long time, I’ve finally begun uploading my full Volleyball sports poetry series, beginning with Volleyball Poster, onto Fine Art America! Additional Volleyball titles….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊