I did capture some nice pics today, but nearing 48 hours later tonight without power, way over 50 hours by morning, then seeing this pic above after braving Austin drivers (more than 1/2 doz, true) speeding past us on ice crusted roads a 50-60 mph just to get food from our apt for us and the folks who’ve graciously housed us, well, the disparate handling is just too much.
Info is coming out about ignored warnings within our Texas statewide energy agency’s possible mis-use of power margins (I don’t know the details) and warnings of energy crunches, expected during one of our seemingly unending hot summers – but happening now!
The local news calls it the beginning of “a lot of finger pointing.”
Fortunately our governor is now wanting an investigation, plus asked for an emergency declaration from our new president, which I believe was an easy yes for Joe.
Meanwhile, in the picture above, in re to the question of who has power, one might also ask, who has money?
In yesterday’s post I showed the rare single digit low that morning here in Austin; this morning this —
Brrrrr! Yes indeed!
Take care everyone! Wanting to stay warm and safe!
ps – tomorrow I’ll try and post the “nice” pics from today’s found-moments, those that made today almost as much a positive as the yuk stuff above, lol 😊
ps ps – below is a partial of a long and detailed thread as to the causes of our energy failure here in Texas; lot of surprising information on my end; important stuff to know about in relation to our whole energy future in the US and beyond —
Touch or tap tweet above to like, share, and view Jesse’s other related tweets about our #TexasFreeze
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊