My apologies for the break in communication continuity since yesterday morning – it’s been a rough but promising ride, and, I got my own answer as to how come the phrase/idea, “Why the Caged Bird Sings” has always appealed to me 😊
Maya Angelou’s iconic phrase has appealed to me before I knew who had said it or why. It just did.
And I’ve come to the conclusion it’s just one of those universally appealing truths that fits all peoples and all times, good and bad – and it’s the phrase that came to me when I spotted the bird above in the bird feeder that’d gone empty for who knows how many days before I could refill it yesterday.
And below, 1/2 the main reason we’re able to be back home happily exhausting ourselves replenishing food, water, gas in the car, and of course, the bird feeder – our water is back along with our power! 💕 The water from the spigot may not be “blue” blue, but it was sweet and blue as I could imagine ❤️
The water lines btw, were thousands of cars deep early this morning at the nearest place us, but I was able to get some Ozarka 5 gallon spring water at Central Market, plus about a ton and a half it seemed of fresh vegetables, lol! Smile
So, right now, before I go on a late afternoon walk, then a “very” much needed shower and beard trim, I want to finish this short post. For awhile, earlier this week, during the height of the #TexasFreeze, I was mostly only able to blog, now, recovering, it’s a squeeze. So, hopefully very soon, a better balance all around will shape back up.
Tomorrow our oldest girl is coming in from Houston for the middle granddaughter plus bringing us more H2O.
We’re not out of the recovery woods yet, but just talking about restoring and removing and resetting ourselves is a HUGE plus! 😊
Hopefully I’ll even soon be able to paint again, and post about that again!
Take care everyone 🙏
ps – recently posted my 1st new #watercolor on Fine Art America in awhile ❤️ –
Below, some of the pluses and minuses from #TexasFreeze via The Texas Tribune
Touch or tap tweets above to like and share 💕
See more of images & videos of #TexasFreeze at –
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for Winter Scenes –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- March 06, 2021 – A Yoga Teacher – Gift Writing / Poetry by AdanYesterday I posted about another of my gift writings, one that sold just recently, Volleyball Setter, and I thought I’d post a short note about another I’ve always liked – A Yoga Teacher.
- March 05, 2021 – Volleyball Setter Gallery Wrap Canvas Print SOLD @FineArtAmerica“…pleased to say I’ve sold a gallery wrapped canvas print featured in one of my most viewed posts on my site, Volleyball Setter – Original Sports Poetry Back in Stock, to a buyer in Sturgis, Michigan!”
- March 04, 2021 – Masks in Grocery Stores in Austin – Back to Mask/Mass ConfusionAll I feel I can really do is wish and pray for the safety of everyone in those stores without mandates, whether pro or con re the masks. If we’re in this together, we really need to act like we’re are in this together ♥️
- March 03, 2021 – Why We’re Only Shopping at Sprouts For Groceries (and a few others) Here in Austin For Now, Hint: Covid-19“… for us to choose to voluntarily restrict ourselves to Sprouts, and a few other stores I’ll highlight hopefully tomorrow, is a big deal. Fixed incomes of the qualifying-for-most-any-level of stimulus cut-off-money work that way 😊 “
- March 02, 2021 – 1st Full Day of Recovery After My 1st Covid VaccinationI’m developing a different kind of problem ☺️ – too many good things to choose from I want to do!
- March 01, 2021 – Floating Butterfly 1 Pen and Ink with Watercolor – circa 2021 Watercolor – Adan’s PhotoPoems“…wings spotted like the sun’s own face….”
- February 28, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Week @FineArtAmerica, Watercolor, “Charcoal Mountain”Using one of Arteza’s black brush pens, it shows the pen’s exceptional ability to lay down thick and wash pigment (see image below). The thick nicely textured Canson XL watercolor paper of course helps too 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊