Yes, I did get started choosing art to place in the Old Bakery & Emporium when it hopefully reopens this summer (more on this late this week), and yes, that forced me to unpack several huge boxes that now need taking to storage lol! But most the rest of the day, after mid-afternoon, was basically blown having the 8 year old over ❤️ So it’s only sorta blown, lol!
As has been the case in the past, I have a few shots of the day 😊
Once wife and I’d picked him up at school, we grocery shopped at our old Sprouts Farmers Market location, the little Sprouts we call it, then headed home so Max could catch him Ninja class on zoom –
Btw, those boxes to his right (above) I’d just emptied of large paintings that morning 😊 I was ready to rest, but meanwhile, Max was just getting going! The image below is just a warmup to our trip to the nearby greenbelt, lol!
I’ve been told I was very much the same way when his age, but I’m pretty sure I only have made up memories of remembering being like that! ☺️ And once we’d crossed the creek bed (further up stream than usual, due to the rains), he was set to go
Bursting ‘cross bridges –
Bounding up stone steps –
Hurtling down, stick in hand, with his imagination! ♥️
And me, well –
I usually wasn’t too far behind 😊
So, yes, the bulk of the afternoon was blown, from chores for sure, lol!
But from everything else I could think of on our quick trek – nah, it was all good, all welcome 🙏
May we all have our moments like this 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Grandchildren” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- October 27, 2021 – New Masking Fluid/Light Molding Paste #ArcylicAbstract Project Completed – “Angel”Difficult to get this image close, much less “right” digitally for me, but this is very close; well, except for the texture, but hope the close-up crops below help 😊 First though, a before / after side-by-side look of my Angel looked like with my masking fluid layin hidden under my 1st paint pass through —
- October 26, 2021 – I’ve Been Reading, and It’s Triggered a Realization on My Part How Important the Surface of a Painting, My Own Paintings in Particular, Are to Me….…tinkering with the surface of my current art work. I enjoy doing that, immensely. The surface of my work often being as important, or I should say, as interesting to me, as the image as a whole. And of course now I want to make the image as a whole, whether seen from a short nose-to-the canvas space, to the further distance where the image is, well, simply just an image as a whole.
- October 25, 2021 – New Masking Fluid Project – “Angel”Continuing with more new paintings I’ve recently set in motion, Angel appears to be a dark swirl but is actually hiding some carefully but casually placed masking fluid lines. I’ll be showing some detail shots of “Angel”‘s more recent state tomorrow, but am still working on the painting as a whole. This particular masking fluid experiment is almost a direct descendant of an abstract study on paper I recently wrecked, lol!
- October 24, 2021 – My Most Viewed Image This Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Arm Chair View Paris, an early #watercolor #blackandwhite #figureart circa Sept 2020An interesting most viewed results on my Fine Art America site this past viewing period — Plus, as surprising, was the fact 4 of my top 6 most viewed images were Paris themed, 2 of the remainder were also from places we’ve visited (New York & Vermont), followed by most viewed “period” of an Austin pink sunset 😊 On top of that I’ve apparently never included an image of Arm Chair View Paris in one of my blog posts before! Well we’re remedying that here now ❤️
- October 23, 2021 – New #Acrylic Upload @FineArtAmerica – Mother and ChildIt’s been quite a development for this painting, growing from an idea of a previous work with a less defined at the time unrealized depiction of a younger and older person. Probably the most important development is my own realization of that development, lol! Frankly, though I often saw a realization-glimpse of that sort even from my 20s about my art, and maybe as a child, I literally blew it off and kept on going 😊
- October 22, 2021 – A Day With the 8 Year Old = Painting His Wooden Sword for Halloween, Circling the Trailhead to Barton Creek Greenbelt, Visiting Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Celebrating Veterans Art at the Old Bakery & Emporium, and Watching Big Hero 6 on Disney+!!!This post is long on pictures, mostly because it was a long day from getting up to getting back to bed, lol! But what a good day it was ❤️ Here’s hoping this long post of pictures brings a similar good feeling! First up, above, is a special project Max has had his heart on, re-creating a magical sword he sees and experiences using in one of his video games – Zelda Breath of the Wild! All part of his progressing Halloween costume….
- October 21, 2021 – Delivering New Art to the Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, Texas – 3 Piece Floral Set and 1 Autumn 6×6, all #WatercolorsDespite my many gripes about living in Austin, Texas, there’s of course a handful of things I do like. Among them is the opportunity the city makes for artisans 50 or older living in the Austin area to show their creative work. I’ve been fortunate to have some sales, and am very grateful to be able to replenish my inventory with the paintings above.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊