Yes, I did get started choosing art to place in the Old Bakery & Emporium when it hopefully reopens this summer (more on this late this week), and yes, that forced me to unpack several huge boxes that now need taking to storage lol! But most the rest of the day, after mid-afternoon, was basically blown having the 8 year old over ❤️ So it’s only sorta blown, lol!
As has been the case in the past, I have a few shots of the day 😊
Once wife and I’d picked him up at school, we grocery shopped at our old Sprouts Farmers Market location, the little Sprouts we call it, then headed home so Max could catch him Ninja class on zoom –
Btw, those boxes to his right (above) I’d just emptied of large paintings that morning 😊 I was ready to rest, but meanwhile, Max was just getting going! The image below is just a warmup to our trip to the nearby greenbelt, lol!
I’ve been told I was very much the same way when his age, but I’m pretty sure I only have made up memories of remembering being like that! ☺️ And once we’d crossed the creek bed (further up stream than usual, due to the rains), he was set to go
Bursting ‘cross bridges –
Bounding up stone steps –
Hurtling down, stick in hand, with his imagination! ♥️
And me, well –
I usually wasn’t too far behind 😊
So, yes, the bulk of the afternoon was blown, from chores for sure, lol!
But from everything else I could think of on our quick trek – nah, it was all good, all welcome 🙏
May we all have our moments like this 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Grandchildren” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 30, 2021 – What a Difference a New Keyboard Makes : LENRICH iPad pro 12.9 case with keyboardThis is an older now discontinued keyboard, but one of the few still available for my IPad Pro 2nd generation model (current model is 5th generation I believe), but I’m impressed with it enough to post about it and (if all continues well) my renewed ease of use not having to use the onscreen keyboard for blog posts, emails etc – that’s a big deal for me, lol! 😊
- July 29, 2021 – Whew! Yesterday Was a Day of Plowing Through, lol!Above is a picture of me November 2019 (notice the weather is warm but hot, finally 😊) and I look just a bit worn out? I’d just climbed the 218 steps to top of Old Baldy near Wimberley Texas! That’s kinda how I felt yesterday, only without as nice a view, lol! I’ll just say that….
- July 28, 2021 – New 25×40 #Acrylic on Canvas In-Progress : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerA chore heat filled day where my keyboard evidently is deciding it’s had it, lol! Hopefully I finish this post 😊 Basically I started the groundwork for my newest painting, acrylic, wanting to settle on my composition before hand, unlike how I handled my just finished watercolor, same size, where I inserted my figure at the end.
- July 27, 2021 – 4 Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismI’m sure I’ve had images repeat as most viewed 4 times in a row, but I wasn’t paying as much attention to that as I try to nowadays 😊 Summer is a Lady continues to simmer atop my selection of photos and artwork and illustrated poetry ♥️
- July 26, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New #Watercolor on Canvas Completed : Barton Springs Greenbelt Indian SummerI just took another look at my newly completed painting (above) to try for some settled sentiment I can include for my post, and I do have that – some settled sentiment. I’m still digesting and assimilating what this new work means to me. Though I know it’s incomplete, because I also know this work is more a conscious marker of where I want to head, and feel compelled to head toward, I do have a grasp enough to point out some things that are making themselves more known to me.
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
Thanks again, everyone! 😊