Week ago I uploaded my 1st image of the greenbelt near our new location in Austin (off one of my blog posts), and I’ll readily admit, I’ll think some of images since then are even more impressive – but – I really like a lot of things ’bout this pic (beyond the great memory of having “discovered” this new-to-us gem in the heart of Austin) – enough so I wanted to try sketching it, then maybe even painting it. My art supplies are nebulous in my box filled art room, lol, but, as with some of my other images (paintings and photos), I can “do” things digitally on my iPad via Affinity Photo which both give me practice and give me true sense of being creative ❤️
The original image, seen below, has, it turns out, a lot going on for it that doing a sketch then a value study revealed to me, particularly how nicely the depth comes through.
And I did leave off the 3 or 4 darker value areas on the left side of the bank among the green. My feeling was I was better off with a flat value then adding the more (than the right side’s dark areas) modulated deep shading. We’ll see how all that comes out 😊
My hope is to do various monochrome (all blue or red, etc) wash-value studies, with the line art in place.
If that’ll be on the fly off the digital image on my iPad onto paper, or via watercolor paper preprinted with the line art portion only, or both, no idea yet. But either way, as Dianne Mize and others often point out, these’ll be both huge learning opps for me, and, fun! Even if a mess, lol!
Creativity comes in many ways, and for me, when away from it this long, kinda haltingly, but I should get my sea legs so to speak back soon enough again –
Stay creative in what ways you can – it’s like breathing – gotta do it! ♥️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Greenbelt parks in nature” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊