It’s late already today, but wanted to show the beginning of what I’ve been up to the last 3-4 days, starting my 1st new painting since before our move! At or just over a month – but I’m so glad I’m pushing pigment again, lol!
My plan is to work best I can on this 12×18 140 lb watercolor sheet. This is on the smooth side (vs my usual rough side preference) partly to see how I like this, and partly cause my printer wanted to try it out to see how his machine handled the smooth side (very well it turned out!) 😊
My further plan is to work on as many sheets like this, with my digital pen and ink sketch pre-printed on it, as I feel compelled to, and see how my work re-develops. Plus whatever new stuff I might learn along the way; maybe using various value densities and color combinations. Just gonna play it by ear ❤️
This is the 1st evening’s lay-in, ’bout 30 minutes tinkering; which included pondering and looking and just feeling what was going on ☺️
The BW on my iPad, to the left of my photo (now on Fine Art America) is a digital value study. Not sure how much I would stay within the ranges shown, but still very helpful
The gleamy-white in the bottom half of the poster is light reflecting off wet white gouache. At this point, I was “very” glad just to be working on an image again!
I’ll try and post each day I can as it moves along, plus thoughts or questions that arise as I work – wish me luck! 😊
Glad to be more creative again!
Stay well everyone!
ps – dual screen shot on my screen in each photo above is via my Affinity Photo program, iPad version 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “Watercolor landscapes” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- June 19, 2021 – Reblog : 10 Ways To Observe #Juneteenth This Year (via Women’s Health)Reblog – Women’s Health, 10 Ways To Observe Juneteenth This Year
- June18, 2021 – What Makes Dappled Light Work? It Almost Always Looks Good!Being in and around a changing if steady light at the greenbelt near us has given me the visual impetus to actually think about something I’ve long liked in much of Renoir’s and other impressionists’ art work – dappled light.
- June 17, 2021 – Update for Delivering Art for the Reopening of The Old Bakery and Emporium (across from the State Capital) Austin, TexasAlmost a month ago I posted pics of Sheila and I making our 1st visit in over a year to the Old Bakery & Emporium where I show and sell a variety of images and writings…One of the nicer surprise developments has been a request to offer prints of my 7 unit Volleyball series.
- June 16, 2021 – Interesting Tweets I’ve Spotted RecentlyBelow are random tweets I liked for some reason – uplifting, funny, inspiring, informative, hopeful, pretty..something good or encouraging at the least 😊
- June 15, 2021 – My New Upload @FineArtAmerica – Violet Crown Trail Morning (Digital Art) PosterThough most of my hikes to the Barton Springs Greenbelt nearby are still exploratory, even when taking the 8 year old along 😊, I am beginning to recognize when I need, and want, to be there.
- June 14, 2021 – Volleyball Server Poster, My Newest #SportsPoetry Upload @FineArtAmericaLast of my 7 Volleyball theme posters, Volleyball Server Poster, is now available on Fine Art America as both prints and gift items! 😊
- June 13, 2021 – Austin Texas….on-going authentic aspects of Austin, Texas….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊