So many beginnings the 1st of May for my wife and I. It was Sheila and mine’s 40th anniversary, we’d just moved into a new apt close (we didn’t begin to realize how close! 😊) to Barton Springs Greenbelt here in Austin, and of course a new month of blog posts!
‘Course it did post the 1st of the month, but of my first of month posts it’s rare one carries its momentum the entire month and so convincingly, so, being such a special event moment for us, in so many ways, maybe that’s part of why ❤️
As interesting I think is how well my 2nd most viewed post, a Twitter tweet feature on Ros @Deli60Ros, did. Not posted til after mid-month, it came a very respectful close second. Ros’ combination image / word tweet carried such a generous dose of beauty and charm and reminder of the power and need for good in our lives, it nearly swept to the month’s top spot!
I hope we all venture forth this new month, with projects and art and life events we’ll want to proudly happily share!
Be well everyone! 😊
Direct link to blog post in above tweet 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “new beginnings” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 25, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Developing the Right Figure to AddAs you can tell from my top pic, my efforts to progress from my value study and digital studies below are not going great, lol! I take solace from several things —
- July 24, 2021 – My Newest Poster Upload @FineArtAmerica – Barton Springs Greenbelt Austin Rocks at the Flats PosterYesterday posting about my resuming progress on a new watercolor on canvas (with absorbent ground) via beginning a study process for adding a figure to the nearly finished work, I mentioned I’d spent my 1st time at the nearby greenbelt in nearly 2 weeks! It was a pristine morning, warm, sunny, lightly breezy, and hardly crowded at all – in other words : wonderful! 😊
- July 23, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progress, Preparing to Add a FigureLike my prep work for my 1st watercolor Austin Greenbelt poster on paper, I placed my source image and line drawing in one side by side file to work from – blocking out our friend’s face for privacy. Then I decided I should probably do a digital value study too, lol!
- July 22, 2021 – Where I Left Off Before Our Trip, New Watercolor on Canvas in-progressAt 25×40 this new work has stretched my memories and my muscles of years ago when I did much larger work. I just figured it was time to explore working on canvas again for a bit 😊 Below, on the left, is the work as posted back July 11th about inlaying light modeling paste, working with the pen and ink I hand applied 1st (vs printing my ink pattern as I did with my recent watercolor posters on paper).
- July 21, 2021 – Three Weeks Running! My Most Viewed Image For the Week @FineArtAmerica, Summer is a Lady : #Watercolor on Paper #ContemporaryImpressionismIt seems extra special to have Summer is a Lady repeat again as most viewed, joining a few other posts with repeated viewing rankings, some even crossing months or even years on my site 💕 A couple good examples are —
- July 20, 2021 – 1st Trip in Over 3 YearsTime to wrap up our short but wonderful stay with the 8 year old and other grandparents ♥️ Soon there’ll be another sunrise.
- July 19, 2021 – 1st Trip in Over 3 YearsI’d forgotten the feel of an immense sky above us – that’s the other grandpa in pic ❤️ It was one of the things I took for granted in Galveston, was amazed about in Costa Rica, and very much surprised about along Lake Champlain in Vermont 😊 Big skies!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊