A bit back, as I posted the 2nd of June, after some unexpected but welcome heavy rains, water filled the usually fairly dry Barton Creek creek bed, and I discovered folks really like jumping off this rock into the water, lol!
That 1st time, it was a young man named, Matt; this time ’round it’s a young lady named Payton! 😊
Brave young lady, here she is above, preparing to launch off!
Then the point of no return – mid air almost in flight!
Wise lady, feet first, as I’ve heard recommended when one can’t see the bottom, ie, because it’s more likely one’ll resurface if one hits a recently displaced rock or piece of tree with one’s foot or feet, than hitting one’s head and possibly becoming disorientated, or worse!
Then the rushing pull of gravity – the inevitable return to earth, thankfully into the water 😊
When anything you might’ve could’ve done or didn’t doesn’t matter anymore.
I remember jumping off the high board several times at our nearby community pool growing up in Houston, and for me, this was the true time of trust that all would end up okay. That I’d rise, break the surface – and breathe! ❤️
Payton I’m sure, has her take on this moment of flight and impact! 😊
By the time this posts, I’ll (hopefully) be preparing to make my trip to Houston to see my mother off into her own true deep – though truthfully, I think she’ll already have risen and taken her truest of breaths 💕
Here’s a link of my post of her before our trip to say goodbye in Houston –
Stay well everyone! Breathe in the good, even if just in moments ☺️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “urban wilderness parks” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 11, 2022 – Aging Gracefully, Riding the Tide of a Busy DayHad wanted to write about a well-deserved much-needed Go Fund Me for a gallery I’m showing in ( Primal Gallery ), but….
- August 10, 2022 – A Beginner’s ( Layman’s ) View : Today’s #Inflation Report on #Food and #EnergyI came across several good articles, and felt The Hilll’s piece particularly well balanced and thoughtful, and, unlike as has been the case with many complex subjects, like the economy and climate and clean energy, not initially headline-presented in over-cheerily words.
- August 09, 2022 – Revisiting #FestivalBeachFoodForest with Max the 9-Year OldAnd while Max helped with some watering, I asked Karen about a bright berry cluster in a small tree the morning light was glowing on —
- August 08, 2022 – Bingo! At #TheLadyBird’s 55+ Residences #AustinTexasAfter a full day of live online SilverSneakers exercise classes, painting…and of course Sheila’s wonderful meals – Sheila and I, plus the 9 year old and his mom, had a good old-fashioned Bingo bash, lol! ❤️
- August 07, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week (again) @FineArtAmerica, “Walking in Light” : circa 2021Having reappeared last week as my most viewed image on Fine Art America last week – after also being most viewed late last year ( 2021 ) – “Walking in Light” has again surfaced as my most viewed this 1st week of August 2022!
- August 06, 2022 – Discovering / Exploring #FestivalBeachFoodForest with the 9-Year Old!!Sheila and I had heard there was to be a walk-through and intro to one of the garden areas near where we’ve recently relocated ( The LadyBird 55+ Austin Texas ) this Saturday ( today ) and we also happened to have the 9 year old overnight so… 😊
- August 05, 2022 – 2 Paintings Accepted for Juried Show at Inspired Minds Art Center, Buda Texas!!…the bigger news is I’ve had two paintings, “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” accepted for a juried show at Inspired Minds At Center, sponsored by Creative Arts Society, opening later this month!
Thanks again, everyone! 😊