A 9×12 on 140lb x watercolor paper, like my previous (and 1st study subject) – Walking in Dappled Light Study 1 (1st rendition), Sunflower in Dappled Light Study 1 also seems quite lacking in dapple-ness, lol! (see comparison images below)
And like that 1st dappled light watercolor study, I’d had an idea of sorta-how I wanted to have the dapple light appear, and inlaid masking fluid onto the heavy paper before applying pigment; maybe this time a touch less randomly, and a smidge more applied with a one-study-under-my-belt educated guess 😊
Whether I applied too much pigment, or not enough masking fluid, especially considering I used “a lot” more masking fluid this time around (probably because my Sunflower study has relatively lots more detail, all those petals etc) is something I won’t know til I remove the masking fluid. Will make a more detailed think-through then ☺️
All of which will be revealed, to you and me alike, when I get to carefully rub the masking fluid off. It’ll be fun to see how this one goes then finishes up before heading back toward evolving my figures. But I figured, petals are like figures, similar, but also different. Degrees of curves, catching the light, being part of the world we’re in love with ❤️
That’s all for me today.
Wife and I’ve been doing a bit more family things than usual, plus picked up our walking quite a bit now we’re not breaking all-time heat records here in Austin, for now 🙏
This is 1) more a study, and 2) I don’t know what if any further paint added might be for naught. So tomorrow it’s time to remove the dried masking fluid – and we’ll see how that comes out 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy any changes for the better! 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “contemporary impressionism, in books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- August 19, 2022 – “Fantasy Walk” and “Walking in Light” in New Juried Art Show at Inspired Mind Art Center!The show overall has a great selection! Here’s a small sampling, with photos of the show from fellow Austin artist, Leslie Kell
- August 18, 2022 – #Inflation or #Deflation or Any One Nation : #ClimageChange Doesn’t Seem to Care…It’s Pervasively Here Now….It’s rare lately I post a second post the same day, but the news about the climate we all live within and depend on, is pervasive, even appearing on our local Austin Fox News news-scroll!
- August 18, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 2..life, unpredictable, full of both pleasant and difficult surprises – plus easy, and not so easy choices. That’s what the articles I’ve been reading also seem to reflect….
- August 17, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 1I’ve no idea how long this series on climate etc will run, but I need some kind of framework to place pieces of information together that are helping me understand the rapidly changing potentially deteriorating world we live in.
- August 16, 2022 – Me, 1st Full Day Without a Beard for “Awhile”Sheila patiently re-posed me for a re-take of my no-beard pic today….
- August 15, 2022 – Me, Last Day With a Beard for “Awhile”A very quick post this evening – had my pre-op appt with my surgeon for a slew of breathing related fixes he and my my ENT dr / surgeon will do together..and this is me with my several-years long beard I’ve sported 😊
- August 14, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Time at the Musee d’Orsay” : circa 2012I would hope Sheila and I get to make at least one more wonderful extended trip to Paris 🙏 ❤️ 🇫🇷
Thanks again, everyone! 😊