In contrast to my prev post – describing a disaster with an abstract study on paper 😯 – I hope to shorten this one quite a bit – taking wife to dr appt then groceries then returning home before Austin City Limits’ festival (ACL) kicks off and we won’t have a place to park near our apt, lol!
This small 9×12 on paper so far is much more like my very 1st study, Walking in Dappled Light Study 1 (see below left pic), in that I both like it very much & I’m worried once I remove the masking fluid, I’ll have liked the “in-masked” version better —
But that happens. Part of why it’s good to know these are just titled studies, but are studies 😊
Things I’m liking in this new study are,
- the dapple-ness that comes through
- the sense of depth
- the rich blues on the middle left (Daniel Smith Mayan Blue Genuine)
- the way (as per the 8 yr old grandson) I tweaked a smile onto the lady’s face, lol!
What I still don’t like is,
- the lack of color continuity tween the top and bottom of the back tire
- the closeness of the painting to the paper’s edges
The rest is down to finishing up on the initial lay-in, little details, if I can do them right, like hints of the spokes in the tire wheels etc.
Meanwhile, Sheila and I are off to the races with apts & chores and wanting to settle in before all the parking spaces near us are gone for the (as per the weather folks) the wet-fest Fri-Sun 😊
Stay well everyone!
Enjoy the challenges! I think I’m telling myself that ☺️ 💕
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Amazon search for “abstract art, in books” –
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – https://amzn.to/2YpgyUf
Fine Art America (FAA, Pixels) – https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/
[…] Girl on a Bicycle Study 1 v2 ©Felipe Adan Lerma, watercolor on paper 9×12 Oct 2021 https://felipeadan-lerma.pixels.com/featured/girl-on-a-bicycle-study-1-v2-felipe-adan-lerma.html*Related blog post –https://felipeadanlerma.com/2021/10/05/october-05-2021-girl-on-bicycle-study-1-watercolor-on-paper-1… […]
LikeLiked by 1 person
Love the girl on a bike!! Nice!
I think it is great that you are picking up a brush and painting. I follow amazing artists and I am in awe. I think it is a lovely study. Good for you. Have a blessed day. Hugs, Joni