Back in early January, when I 1st mentioned working on Walking With the Stars, I also mentioned our 8 year old grandson had been ( and is ) a big help in getting this 24×36 complex-textured work along.
Now I’m finally remedying that, lol!
The process for this piece is long ’cause I laid in a full canvas covering with a paint mix of watercolor and acrylic, followed by a lay-in of the leg lines. Afterwards, I slowly began applying glops of Golden’s Fiber Paste around the legs and to the lines.
That often meant I had to clean off paste that crossed over from the big brush applications. The same applied later when Max came over and helped me carefully begin to apply the paint / gel medium / light molding paste mixtures of colors over the fiber paste.
We have begun to get very close to all the leg lines now, but still need a ways to go! That particular work is literally touch & go!
Max also went with Grandma and me to Art for the People gallery to see my new work at my 1st gallery show since mid 2019! All in all, a very full, very enjoyable day 💕
Stay well everyone! Enjoy all the great things you can! ❤️
Above tweet is live! 😊
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- July 01, 2022 – Our First Pigeon at Our New Place Shows Up for Food, Atop Our New Ivy ScreenSheila and I’ve gotten to experience several 1st’s since moving into The LadyBird here in Austin, so it was specially nice when two 1st’s joined to make a memorable image through our window –
- June 30, 2022 – My Art and Prints on Special Sale At Primal Gallery 4th of July Weekend!Primal Gallery 4th of July sale! Including both my art work and posters 😊
- June 29, 2022 – Someone Very Glad to See Us Today!As per yesterday, still very exhausted feeling, but Sheila & I both beginning to also feel the move-fatigue to our new place is slowly being replaced by relief fatigue….
- June 28, 2022 – Record # of 100 Degree Days in June. Then it Rained….This evening ( Monday, June 27, 2022 ) here in Austin, we broke the all-time record for number of days 100 degrees or more – and – the clouds and rain and cooler air swept through and we dared open the blinds and step outside before 10 pm, lol!
- June 27, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyLast week my most viewed image on Fine Art America was an Austin sunset image ( circa 2017 ) and this week a recent 2021 early am summer shot, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” – an image I captured in the greenbelt on the Violet Crown trail 😊
- June 26, 2022 – Sending Me Memories : A Grandchild in #ParisI know that look, I know that stance, and I know that view 💕 Our youngest grandchild and his mom are spending a few days in Paris, and who can’t resist making a stop at the Louvre? I know Sheila and I couldn’t when we were there, lol!
- June 25, 2022 – Aging Gracefully : A Spot of Oasis in My Life From the Heat OutsideThough we again went out in the morning for chores, and held them down to groceries and some exercise, the heat finally got to me today.
Thanks again, everyone! 😊