I started this blog on WordPress in early 2011, with a focus on yoga and aging gracefully —
I’ve maintained a semblance of the former ( yoga ) and a recurrent theme of the latter ( aging gracefully ) – enough so, it’s one of my most used, ie, “useful” tags to search through for what dominates my site — a useful tool here on WP I’d say 😊
In late December 2020, I posted that my 2011 blog post, with my poem, Aging Gracefully, was one of my 5 most read posts of 2020! That it has a video of one of my younger selves, though only slightly younger than now, barely a decade, I think really helped it be so 😊 ❤️
So what’s the point of all this, all these pictures and captions – where’s the perspective part in the title?
Well, I’m reaching another one of those inflection points where I won’t ( haven’t ) been able to exercise like I’d like ( still working on a planter fasciitis problem hobbling my walking & standing exercises ) – looking at possible major sinus and air passage way reconstruction in a couple of months – need to work on our taxes – need to keep painting – need down time – and need to see / be family a bit more.
So, to make a bit more time for all the above, yet also post like I’d like on my blog, it’s “generally” a little easier to yak about something related to Aging Gracefully, which is pretty much everything I do, lol! But – without having to format & load and explain so much about my art. And, I can throw in a few more reblogs which I really miss doing when I’m yakking so much ’bout my own work – and – it also gives me more time think about what the heck my art is doing – to and for me 🙏
So what is the perspective part that’s in my blog title?
Other day, Sheila and I were doing one of SilverSneakers Live 15 minute segments, either a strength or stretch, can’t remember which, and the instructor mentioned she had 3 children, one graduated from college and another graduating soon. Sheila remarked she didn’t look like she was old enough to have children that old. I agreed, then said, “I think I was 38 when my oldest was 20, so she could be that young & have kids that around that age.” She says, “Oh, yeah.”
It’s a thing. Perspective. We didn’t get taken much seriously by that many people, for whatever we were doing, including raising families, when we were that age. Remembering that gives us perspective. And we, us oldies, can give those seemingly much younger than ourselves, their due. And in turn, give ourselves our own due, for what we did, in our time. Only fair we include ourselves. I think we tried doing that, even when we were that age, less than 1/2 our current age, giving those really young ones – 18, early teens, children – like we were once, and still remembered more clearly.
Perspective. Kinda a reminder to myself to try and keep that – perspective ☺️
Stay well everyone! Generous in spirit to oneself, and others! 💕
My Aging Gracefully blog posts 😊 https://felipeadanlerma.com/tag/aging-gracefully/
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- January 01, 2023 – Happy New Year! : My Most Viewed Image the Last Week of 2022 @FineArtAmerica, Little Steps PosterA wonderfully fitting image as my most viewed this past week, the last week, of 2022 – Little Steps, my poster version ❤️ 🙏 ☺️
- December 18, 2022 – 1st Return Appearance Since Spring : My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, Blue with Gold Twilight – #PanoramaOcean waves of blue fill our skies and seas, cascading sighs and whispers of inspiration with each breath.
- December 11, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Morning Light in Barton Springs Greenbelt, Austin Poster” ( circa 2021 ) #AustinTexas #AustinPhotographyMorning Light Poster also recently sold at the Old Bakery and Emporium 🙏😌
- December 03, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Costa Rica Sunset Panorama” : circa 2017I almost skipped even posting about it, but at 4x the views of the nearest most viewed of my images, I needed to drag myself out of my whatever-it-is recent posting stagnation, lol!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
Thanks again, everyone! 😊