I debated strengthening the dark passages on the left side panel to more closely match the right panel, but decided an arbitrary balancing, vs an asymetrical wave motion across the 2 pieces, would hurt the full image more than help.
As a libra I tend to want to balance, over-balance at times, everything, lol!
I do want each panel to work on it’s own, as well as be compatible side by side, plus work as a total visual image, and it’s the latter consideration that let me leave the work as-is.
A few dark accents were extended and added in the top left 1/3 of the left side panel, and that was enough I think.
Now the work sweeps left to right both via the spacings of yelloow-black, and, via the denser yellow-gold lower left of the left side panel which in turns sweeps into the center and then pushes out to join the painting fuller on the right side.
This is not something I structured, or thought out, or designed – it’s simply how the diptych organically worked out, and by not hurrying myself ( too much 😊) I was finally able to recognize where I could leave off – and let the painting stand on its own 🙏
Below-left is a comparison from part 1 blog post about Birth of an Atom with nearly the same area ( below-right ) —
Not a lot of dramatic change, but definitely strengtened the bright pale blues and added deeper yellow-golds over the paler yellows.
The result, I think, is a more vibrant rendition.
Yet, once again, I felt another visual tweak to my mind’s eye saying larger portions of color and shapes than what I’ve typically been using in my polyptychs, seems to be something I’d like to try.
I did finally get a couple of much larger palette knives, and today ( Sunday, April 17, 2022 ) did do what I thought would be an initial lay-in + small amt of secondary lay-in. The shape-color portions are larger, and I’m having a hard time seeing what I could add to this new-to-my-mind’s-eye sorta-minimalist diptych.
Hopefully I can post an image of it for next time 🤞
Stay well everyone! Be creative! 😊
See & Buy My Art 👩🎨 🎨 ❤️
My Related Posts Here On My Blog
My Related Amazon Affiliate Search Products
My Latest Posts On My Website!
- November 21, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Dispatcher” : circa 2011I thought Dispatcher had once already been one of my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America, but I guess not! 😊 It’s been a popular poem, and with the holidays upon us, a great choice as a print or coffee mug ☕️ 🇺🇸
- November 13, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Cypress Creek Mid Afternoon Mid October” : Circa 2019Very unusual to have so many photos from my collection of images at Fine Art America show up among my 12 most viewed images there at FAA, and for so many showing up for the 1st time….
- November 08, 2022 – The Mid-Term Elections 2022 : This is It! If the Elections Are Important to You…VOTE!!!If the elections are important to you – vote! 😊🇺🇸🙏
- November 06, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Arc de ( d’Nuit ) Triomphe Poster ” : Image Circa 2012, Poster 2017Once again one of my poster designs was my most viewed image from among my listings for prints and gifts on Fine Art America….
- October 30, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Volleyball Kill Poster” : circa 1994 ( writing ) / 2021 ( poster design )Another of my sayings / posters made it as my most viewed of my work on Fine Art America this past week, Volleyball Kill, which I wrote in the early 90s….
- October 24, 2022 – My Most Viewed Image this Past Week @FineArtAmerica, “Danseur en Bleu” : circa 2022Quite an unexpected treat to see my newest painting, Danseur en Bleu, it’s 1st week on Fine Art America, be my most viewed of my images for the past week!
- October 23, 2022 – A Beginner’s View : Inflation, the Economy, Climate, Clean Energy, Health etc, How Are They Related in Our Current Everyday Lives? – An On-Going Inquiry, Part 9 – #Inflation and Our 2022 Mid-Term Election to Keep/Improve Our #Democracy…while true that any price guidelines / control can be a slippery slope, we also already know price gouging has easily done slipped-slid-and-sunk into its own quicksand of problems….
Thanks again, everyone! 😊