- To Retweet, please click the image above! 🙂
- Link to my painting “Malletts Bay Sunrise Colchester Vermont” – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/malletts-bay-sunrise-colchester-vermont-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
Mount Mansfield and Malletts Bay combined one brisk early 2017 fall morning in Vermont with photos and an experience that gave rise to this painting late 2018.
The painting took awhile to evolve from the photos, and the poem – written late one February night, 2019 – took even longer. That’s the way it works sometimes (smiles).
Slowly, like the sunrise itself, I realized, the poem in my tweet not only fit my feeling of standing in the early morning cold – cold for me, a Texas boy, lol! – but also fit the process I experienced deciding how to let the painting, the image – flow inside the paint across the canvas!
I experimented placing more detail both into the shadows on the water and within the silhouette of Mount Mansfield, but opted for the flow of light itself to be the greater draw, on the water and on and within the solitary boat. And this short poem, in the tweet above, I believe, turns out to reflect this – literally – back to me, my feelings in the gnarly dark dusk.
Creative work it seems, is as much what it creates in awareness within myself as what finally appears in print and paint (smiles).
- Link to “Nautical Sunrise Mount Mansfield From Malletts Bay ” – my principal source photo for my above painting – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/nautical-sunrise-mount-mansfield-from-malletts-bay-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
- Link to “First Autumn Sunrise Freeze” – a secondary source photo for my above painting – https://fineartamerica.com/featured/first-autumn-sunrise-freeze-felipe-adan-lerma.html .
Thank you so much for stopping by! May beautiful sunrises be plentiful in your life! 🙂
Twitter / Instagram / FB @FelipeAdanLerma
Amazon Author Page – http://author.to/Adans_Amazon_Author_Page
Fine Art America (FAA) – https://fineartamerica.com/profiles/felipeadan-lerma.html
* Please note, full res images are available on my FAA site *